Anyone heard of Dr. Mary Jane Even? What's her deal?
Posted by: grace0418 ()
Date: April 11, 2005 08:11AM

Hi, this is my first post here. I'm desperate for information and would really appreciate any help.

My in-laws are getting tons of literature from (and sending money to) this person in Nebraska, and they now believe that the next pope is going to actually be the "Anti-Pope" and will be working with the Anti-Christ to bring about the end of the world in a matter of months. The woman running this group has got them buying bizarre supplies (everything from hard candy to "Urgent-Bee Pollen" to canned corned beef), boarding up the house and heaven knows what else. I'm concerned that this person is a.) bilking them out of their money, b.) preying on the old and weak-minded, and c.) going to incite them into some kind of action that may not be beneficial to them or the world at large. I'm becoming very frightened by their behavior.

Anyway, I have some literature they gave me and plan to do some research, but would love some help from all you. Also, to anyone who lives in the Lincoln, Nebraska area and who might be able to shed some light on the location of this "doctor" and her "practice" I would be much obliged. The woman's name is Dr. Mary Jane Even (who considers herself God's Secretary). She's 69 and lives in an apartment complex at 14 Trenridge Road, Lincoln, Nebraska, 68505.

Here's a few quotes from the literature:
"...Dear Children, it is very important that you read the messages and that you contemplate mentally the way in which you're going to handle various kinds of situations. You need to help your family understand that they cannot take the microchip. You have to help your family understand. It is through prayer that God will assist you. You must help only your family. Do not be concerned about others. Do not talk of this to other people. Do not try to get the people alert to all that you know. That is not what Heaven wishes..."

The literature then goes on and on about preparing for the "Great Warning", a period when all preparations must be finalized before... not sure... the end of the world? It talks a lot about taking all your money out of savings and buying the huge list of supplies. Then it starts getting really creepy...

"...First, to prepare your Soul for all that God would require of you. Secondly, to prepare your physical surroundings and your quantity of food, water and clothing as you would wish it. Thirdly, to firmly establish in your head mentally the conditions which We (ed. note: the "We" was capitalized) will require of you. Many of you will suffer in various ways, not in little ways but in larger ways and in smaller ways, but also to be aware that you will have to suffer..."

I've found a few websites with her prophesies and even a letter from the diocese refuting her, but my in-laws insist that anyone in the church who disagrees with Dr. Even is already working with the devil. Does anyone have any personal experience with this person? Thanks in advance to anyone who chooses to take this on.

Cheers,
Grace

P.S. Here are the links I've found so far:

[www.aculink.net]

[www.aculink.net]

[www.shoal.net.au]

[www.unitypublishing.com]

[www.apparitions.org]

[mypage.bluewin.ch]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 11, 2005 10:17AM

it might be a good idea to alert the bishop/archbishop of the diocese where your mom lives--this group may be causing others to run scared.

It is possible to search the discussion groups on Google--go to the Google search option, click the 'groups' tab and then do an advanced search--it will take you to whatever material has been posted on the Google listserves.

Posted by: sreka ()
Date: April 22, 2005 02:47PM

Hi Grace,

I've heard of her--a lot. There are some people in my church that believe her messages too, until recently that is. Apparently one of her predictions was that the Pope would not die while in the Vatican, but would flee for his life and the"anti-pope" you mentioned would take over, elected illegitimately. She is claiming that the body that was laid out for all the world to see was not John Paul's and that he is in hiding somewhere in Poland. It's quite the conspiracy theory. All along she has written that the proof to her messages would unfold once the Pope fled the Vatican. Well that did not happen, nor was the new Pope Benedict falsely elected--there was indeed a conclave, the cardinals were sequestered and a very conservative and devout cardinal was chosen. All this pokes HUGE holes in her prophecies, which I would impress upon your in-laws. She is losing a lot of her followers because of these recent events. Unfortunately she will probably continue to cover up one elaborate lie with another.

What disturbs me the most is that you said your in-laws have been sending her money. To my knowledge she has never requested money, except maybe a few dollars to reimburse her for postage. That is why it never alarmed me that these very trusting and deeply religious individuals believed what she had to say about future events. At worst, she has everyone terrified about what's to come. (They think all these disasters are forthcoming.) At best, she has them praying and striving to be better Christians.

I am like you, I could not find much information on the net. I believe she has said in some of her messages that they should not be posted on the internet (probably to keep a low profile). I have found out that a lot of these self-proclaimed seers seem to know a great deal about one another and stay in contact. Their messages are very similar. I'm not sure if you've heard of the Little Pebble in Australia, but up until last November, it seems that Mary Jane was supportive of his prophecies. There was some scandal or lawsuit and she distanced herself from him. That should be another red flag for you in-laws. I see you have the link to the Lincoln Diocese letter denouncing her locutions. Without being too harsh, I would try to reason with your in-laws. I'm guessing they are very devout, deeply spiritual Catholics, who really up until the last few months, have had no reason to disbelieve this Mary Jane.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you find anything else. By the way, she was a college professor with a PhD, hence the "Dr.". I'm not sure what she taught or where, but I'd be curious to find out.

Posted by: Sherlock ()
Date: April 26, 2005 10:34AM

This is my first post to this message board. I joined out of concern for my Mother and others that are receiving these "messages".

My Mother has been receiving these messages for years now and the last one just came in the mail with the statement "the next thing you will receive is the phone call".

I fear this is a setup. The messages tell the followers to take money out of the bank and hide it in their homes. Do not tell your children of these actions. The messages even tell them specifically where and how to hide it. They will receive a phone call warning them of the impending doom (a giant meteor). They will have seven days to remove their money from banks before the banks collapse.

As far as I can tell, this is a recipe for disaster.

Someone has their address, phone number, knows there is money hidden in the home and with one phone call, can pretty much be assured a large amount of money can be easily had within seven days. Even if the phone call comes, they can follow that person to and from the bank.

No matter what logic we try with her, another fabrication begins to make the messages true.

The Pope as seen from his balcony window was not the real Pope. He really fled to Poland. That was a wax dummy in the window. The new pope is the "AntiPope".

We can easily assume that many from that generation are easily swayed by conspiracy theories. Having them store water, batteries, crank radios, food, clothes, etc is not too harmful. We saw a lot of this during the Y2K scares.

Asking the elderly to remove their money from the bank in secrecy and hide in their homes is another matter. I fear for my Mother's safety and anyone else who receives these messages.

Even if there is no sinister intent from the doctor herself, these followers are great risk for carrying large amounts of cash on their persons and in their homes. The fact that the meteor did not hit before the year 2000, does not sway them in their belief that these messages are not real.

If you know of anyone receiving these messages, please ask to see them. I will also be contacting the FBI to express my concerns as I believe this to be a real threat. I am disappointed the Catholic Church makes no attempt to discredit this person.

Some of the messages are postred here however there are many more that are not:

[www.shoal.net.au]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 26, 2005 08:00PM

Sherlock:

Your link regarding the "message" is to William Kamm, also known as the "Little Pebble."

See [www.culteducation.com]

There is a page about Kamm within the database.

Posted by: Sherlock ()
Date: May 06, 2005 07:56AM

I understand William Kamm (Little Pebble) and Mary Jane Evan worked in concert for years. They spilt apart in 2004 and she went her own way. She continued to mail out her version of the "messages".

The Little Pebble tried to discredit her on his website:

[www.shoal.net.au]

She now claims to have sent her last message and her followers will now receive the phone call for the "warning" they both speak of. She has their phone numbers.

They both play on peoples worst fears and cause irrational behavior.

Posted by: grace0418 ()
Date: March 01, 2006 03:31AM

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. I was feeling so frustrated I gave up for awhile. But I now am back at it, trying to make sure this crazy woman doesn't destroy the lives of my in-laws.

Unfortunately, I don't think anything I say to them will convince them she is a crackpot. They seem to have a convenient answer for everything. I'm just going to have to keep monitoring the situation as best as I can.

Please let me know if you find out anything else. And thank you again for all the information you've provided so far.

Re: Anyone heard of Dr. Mary Jane Even? What's her deal?
Posted by: dtr26 ()
Date: February 26, 2009 01:21AM

Here's an update on Mary Jane Even-

My mom got "the call" a few days ago... according to the person calling her it was time to take all of the money she had been saving and pay her bills as far in advance as possible (6 months for my mom). Next, cover all of your windows so that you are unable to see anything going on outside around you. And the date for all of this to finally take place??? Today 2-25-09. I got a call from my mom yesterday saying goodbye. She also said that if I wanted to get into her home to be saved from all that would be going on outside that she wouldn't be able to open the door. An example of what is supposed to happen today: a comet is going to hit New York, destroy it, and roll all the way across the country and wipe out Southern California. I told her a comet big enough to do that and somehow "roll" across the country to wipe out LA would actually wipe out all life on the planet. My question for her: why would you want to live through this? If you truly love God, why are you going to these extremes NOT to meet him?

My brother and I told here if we make it through today that come tomorrow she's on her way to a nursing home. It's very sad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.