Larry Herlong is a false prophet
Posted by: renworb ()
Date: July 27, 2013 08:08AM

I posted some information about this man (Larry Herlong) and some of his associates (Matt Swogger and his wife Leah Swogger) under the topic Cults, sects and new religious movements, but it is actually more appropriate under this heading of "Destructive Churches". Destructive being the operative word. Larry is a self-proclaimed prophet and I heard him say numereous times that; "you know if a prophet is the real thing, if the things he says comes to pass". So one can gather that the opposite is also true. If NOTHING he says comes to pass, then he must not be the real thing. In my four years listening to him, none of his prophecies materialized. Then he would blame me (or others) for a bad attitude, or my doubt and unbelief (which he heavily contributed to) or would just say...."Well I never said when", which was often untrue and, not to mention, a total cop-out. These people did unimaginable harm to my family and I, including children, all in the name of Jesus and "biblical truth". Our eyes were eventually opened when we got some counselling from pastors and elders of a REAL church who were genuine men and women of God, without any self-serving ulterior motives. When we told them of some of the things we were told by Larry and the Swoggers, they were totally shocked that people could commit such blatant spiritual and psychological abuse and still call themselves Christians. PLEASE, if anybody out there is involved with any of them, or thinking about becoming involved.....BEWARE! If you hear/feel that little voice inside of you telling you that something just "doesn't seem right"; LISTEN TO IT! If I had, I could have saved myself so much pain, anguish and severe monetary loss. They will tell you that that little voice is just the devil lying to you because you are about to have a major breakthrough or blessing from God. Just pure manipulation and brainwashing! I hope and pray that this post will save even just one family or person from the torment we experienced. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.