Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Any information on John MacArthur
Posted by: JungleJames ()
Date: June 20, 2017 03:02AM

What I don't understand is what anyone gains by targeting this man who appears to be trying to teach the bible -- raising questions about him being "controversial" or wondering what goes on "behind the scenes" as if that is somehow going to beneficial to you?

Macarthur is a man. Is he perfect? No. Is he a cult leader because he takes a metaphorical view of Jesus' blood? No. If taking metaphorical views of scriptures was an indicator of "cult status" how many churches whould be cults? Millions.

Do people question on a public forum the work you do on your job and post theories about why you have made some of the decisions you've made as if they could read your mind? Ridiculous.

MacArthur has done tons to get people to study the bible for themselves. Sounds like the opposite of a cult leader to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kr2726 ()
Date: June 20, 2017 05:10AM

John MacArthur wants people to read HIS books ABOUT THE BIBLE! His writings are considered equal to Scripture (he's even had a $2 million museum built to himself, featuring the first editions of his books).

NO ONE disagrees with John Abdullah MacArthur, and people in his church carry around his big "The John MacArthur Study Bible"--I've even seen pictures of him AUTUOGRAPHING the Bible. NO MAN should put his signature on ANY Bible!

Additionally, it is a very serious issue to profane the blood of Christ, and to EVER say that when the Bible speaks of His sacred blood which justifies us, cleanses us and saves us, that it is a "metaphor" of His death (read 9-11 Hebrews if you doubt this!).

Posted by: JungleJames ()
Date: June 22, 2017 01:08AM

"MacArthur wants people to read HIS books ABOUT THE BIBLE!"

If you wrote a book about the bible, would you want people to not read it?

"His writings are considered equal to Scripture"

By whom? By you?

"he's even had a $2 million museum built to himself"

"The idea for the Legacy Center began as a secret gift for MacArthur's 25th anniversary as president to honor his achievements and contributions, as well as a way to offer a warm welcome to visitors of the college." Source: http://archive.signalscv.com/archives/64011/

"NO ONE disagrees with John"

Who doesn't disagree him? You don't?

"People in his church carry around his big [bible]"

People in my church (not affiliated) carry around his big bible. And if my pastor created a good study bible, I'd probably want to use it too.

"I've even seen pictures of him AUTUOGRAPHING the Bible"

I believe you. Please share one.

"Additionally, it is a very serious issue to profane the blood of Christ, and to EVER say that when the Bible speaks of His sacred blood which justifies us, cleanses us and saves us, that it is a "metaphor" of His death"

It is one thing to profane the blood of Christ and quite another to split hairs on whether it is Christ's blood or Christ's death that atones for our sins. I am not smart enough to make a call on that one, but perhaps you are. If so, please publish your thoughts and teach us all. One thing I do know, when I face the Lord, He's not going to quiz me on whether it was his blood or his death that atoned for my sin. So it's not a salvation-critical issue. And it definitely is not a teaching that qualifies anyone as a "cult leader."

Date: June 23, 2017 12:44AM

You MacGroupies freak me out. Your "idol" is John MacArthur, and you might as well be following Mary Baker Eddy (founder of Christian Science), for she believed IDENTICALLY as John MacArthur concerning His precious blood.

I challenge you to read Hebrews 9-10,and Leviticus 17:11, "For the life of the flesh is IN THE BLOOD (not the "death"), and I have GIVEN IT FOR YOU on the altar TO MAKE ATONEMENT for your souls, FOR IT IS THE BLOOD (AGAIN, not the DEATH) that makes atonement by the life," and THEN claim it is "splitting hairs" to say whether we are cleansed, justified and sanctified by His BLOOD or His DEATH.

The Lord Himself has made it CLEAR in His Word concerning this!

One thing I learned as a young Christian in the seventies, and read Dr. Walter Martin's "Kingdom of the Cults," is that Satan HATES the blood of Christ, because it defeated him, and he profanes it every chance he gets.

False teachers often present a great deal of Scriptural truth (even Satan quoted Scripture to Jesus in the wilderness)--and then he weaves in his lies, such as "We don't want to get caught in the bizarre notion that there is any SAVING POWER in His blood"--yes, JMac SAID this.

Look up the youtube video "John MacArthur and the Blood of Christ" and you can hear it yourself. He actually said, "When the Bible speaks of the blood of Christ, it's a 'metaphor' of His death."

Whoa...I wonder which Bible you people even read, for we are COMMANDED in 2 John 1:10 not to even give false teachers a greeting, "for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works."

Don't you realize the SIGNIFICANCE of when Jesus appeared to Mary Magdalene after His Resurrection in John 20:17, and said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God."

He told her to TELL the disciples that He was ascending to His Father and THEIR Father--then there was a time gap.

When He appeared to the disciples eight days later, in John 20:27, He told Thomas to put his hand in His hands and side.

You see, when He ascended to the Father in between those two appearances, He SPRINKLED HIS BLOOD on the MERCY SEAT.

Hebrews 9:11-14 says, "But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things that have come, then through the greater and more perfect tent (not made with hands. that is, not of this creation), He entered ONCE FOR ALL into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves, BUT BY MEANS OF HIS OWN BLOOD (again, NOT His death), thus securing an eternal redemption.

"For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh, HOW MUCH MORE WILL THE BLOOD OF CHRIST, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God..."

"Therefore not even the first covenant was inaugurated WITHOUT BLOOD. For when every commandment of the law had been declared by Moses to all the people, He took the blood of calves and goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, saying, 'This is the blood of covenant that God commanded for you.' And in the same way he sprinkled with the blood both the tent and all the vessels used in worship. Indeed, under the law, almost everything is purified WITH BLOOD, and WITHOUT THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS OF SINS," Hebrews 9:18-21.

You claim it's "splitting hairs" whether it was the blood of Christ or His death which saves, sanctifies, and justifies us?

Here is what GOD says in His Word, "Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses. How much WORSE PUNISHMENT, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, AND HAS PROFANED THE BLOOD OF HIS COVENANT BY WHICH HE WAS SANCTIFIED, and has outraged the Spirit of Grace?..Again, the Lord will judge His people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:28-29, 31).

And in Exodus, the Lord also told the Israelites to put blood on the doorposts, and He would pass over. He didn't say to hang the dead body of a lamb on the door!

I have never been charismatic, but I was deeply disturbed by the lofty pronouncements made by the sneering pharisees of the Strange Fire conference, and it should be noted that the Lord's judgment fell on John MacArthur a mere 5 months after it, in his 2014 Shepherd's conference, with more than 3,000 pastors in attendance.

The lights went out on Johnny Mac, and he had to finish his sermon in the dark, a flashlight his only illumination. John said, "I'm starting to process why this happened; gonna leave it to the Lord."

The Holy Spirit just spoke LOUD and CLEAR to John right then, but John, who scoffs and mocks "extrabiblical revelations," was totally deaf. Think it was a coincidence?

Here is what the LORD has to say, "I form LIGHT and create DARKNESS. I make well-being and create calamity. I am the Lord, WHO DOES ALL THESE THINGS" (Isaiah 45:9).

Do you also agree with John concerning what he says in the youtube blood of Christ video that Jesus ASPHYXIATED???

Mt. 27:50 says, "And when Jesus had cried out again in a LOUD VOICE, HE GAVE UP His spirit."

Jesus could not have cried out anything if he'd asphyxiated, additionally, He GAVE UP His spirit, no one took it from Him, as He also said of His life in John 10:18,"No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of my own accord."

When my Lord says to me in Revelation 2:2, "I know that...you have examinded those who claim to be apostles, and have found them false," I listen to Him, and test and examine, as we are also commanded in 1 John 4:1, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, to see whether they are of God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Date: July 24, 2017 05:51PM

Your "god" is clearly John MacArthur, whom you clearly idolize.

I wish I had KNOWN about the $2 million dollar museum his disciples built to worship him out of the $100 monthly I gave on autopay out of my OWN disablity pensions!

At that time however, I had NO CLUE as to his blasphemous beliefs on the blood of Christ and taking the mark. In summer 2015, I was FB "friends" with Martha Mac of GTY's SO4J, and she shared a post saying it was "internet rumors" about John MacArthur's beliefs on the blood and taking the mark.

I didn't know what she was talking about until a few months later when I came across the videos pertaining to these issues.

I subsequently bought a great little book called, "John MacArthur's Heresy on the Blood of Christ," by Rev. D.A. Waite (a Baptist, who is faithful to His Lord, and not to the glory of man).

One thing I learned as a young Christian in the early 70's, and read Dr. Walter Martin's "Kingdom of the Cults," is that Satan HATES the blood of Christ, for that is what defeated him.

I also learned that false teachers such as Johnny Mac present a whole lot of truth--and then begin weaving in their lies, such as saying that the blood of Christ is a "metanym" for His death; "We don't want to get caught in the BIZARRE notion that there was any 'saving efficacy' in the FLUID that ran from His body," as he says in the youtube video.

John also claims Jesus asphyxiated, however Jesus "cried out with a loud voice, and then GAVE UP HIS SPIRIT" (Mt. 27:50).

He could not have not have cried out ANYTHING if He'd asphyxiated, in addition, He said, "No man takes My life. I give it up of My own accord"(John 10:18).

Two different Greek words, thanatos (death) and haima (blood) are not synonymous with each other, and John makes a mockery of His atonement for us with His blood on the cross.

And do you agree you can also take the mark and still be saved???

Posted by: howgodmadeu ()
Date: June 12, 2018 01:43PM

To whom it may concern:

We are here to help anyone who is fighting the good fight against McArthurism. We have been wanting to help, but wasn't sure how to do it. We have also been affected by McArthurism through our family...they were manipulated into following this cult by being recruited to visit other churches throughout the world. Our immediate family was hurt by our own family because we wanted to help. We decided to take a stand and not let McArthurism take our power away...we want to act, and not be silent any longer. If there is someone who is willing to take a stand with us, we can discuss further what we would like to do.

Imagine
by John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Date: June 12, 2018 03:28PM

I've never been a fan of John MacArthur and have stated my objections in this thread, but where do you think JOHN LENNON is now?

He may have "imagined" there is no heaven above us, and no hell below, and he certainly lived for "today," but he found out at the end of his life, that there IS a God, to whom he had to give account ("It is appointed unto men once to die, and after that, to face judgement" (Hebrews 9:27).

I don't want to stand before God not covered by the blood of Jesus (as John HacArthur will one day, if he doesn't repent of his blasphemous views of the blood of Christ), and as John Lennon did when he died!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.