This message board has passed 100,000 individual posts.
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 07, 2013 11:32PM

The Cult Education Forum has now officially passed 100,00 posts. In fact the current number is 102,813.

This is a tremendous resource for the public.

Everyone concerned thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This message board has passed 100,000 individual posts.
Posted by: knotty ()
Date: May 14, 2013 10:26AM

I posted elsewhere that I think that RI should have a section for discussing alternative medicine as it is rather cultic in nature and a real public hazard. I admit some alternative medicines do work for some things...but much harm is done because of them and there is a whole sub-culture that is built around fear of conventional and scientifically tested medicine and people get hurt and die from unproven alternative medicine by either neglecting the real care they need or by harm from the practices/products themselves.

So many people are so blind to this. As I mentioned in another post, echinaisia is not safe for long term use. Yes, it does speed up the immune system, but it does it in a dysfuctional way that actaully causes auto-immune diseases for the duration it is taken. I have ran into 4 people over the last 6 years who developed lupus 6-8 months after taking echinaisia daily...one actually reversed her condition weeks after stopping the regimine. I am not a doctor, just a concerned citizen.
One of these ladies actaully tried to convince my friend with full blown schizophrenia to quit taking her meds and to go on some snake oil BS treatment. I had to talk her out of not listening to that lady and she was very persasive. However, the echinasisia-induced-Lupus-riddled snake oil pusher was her landlord in the middle of Atlanta, Ga. I was so scared for my friend...if she did listen to her landlord, she would have nutted up in Atlanta with no family or friends nearby, I lived 3 hours away. I had visions of her being homeless in the middle of Atlanta being beaten, ridiculed, raped or arrested ...anything could happen. I confronted the lady, but she appeared to be brainwashed...spouting out the "miracles" of alternative medicine and the evils of her schizophrenia medicine poisioning her body. I explained that yes it has side effects that can be worrisome, but that is better than dead in a ditch. Nothing I said sank in.
I finally had to convince my friend to find a new place to rent.

It is very cultlike in nature and is a real public health concern. Experts say Steve Jobs would have survived that cancer had he not wasted 9 months on accupuncture and restrictive diets. When dealling with aggressive cancers, early proven medical treatment makes the difference between being a survivor and being 6 feet under. And its alarming that someone as bright and logical as Steve Jobs was to be taken in by this.

So with your viewership success, I am hoping you would extend your site to include the dangers of alternative medicines and the cultic like culture that surrounds them.

Knotty

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.