good old time religion
Posted by: jesse ()
Date: September 13, 2003 10:53AM

Rick Ross seems to do great w/the cults
the Aryans, JW, mormons,

but whats his problem with good old time religion?
Teen Challenge and Calvary Chapel?
Those are good Bible based stuff.

I think you’ve gotten carried away.
Have you read
The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel

Options: ReplyQuote
good old time religion
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 13, 2003 07:30PM

To better understand what this person is talking about see the following pages within the database.

[www.culteducation.com]
[www.culteducation.com]

I have received serious complaints from Christian families about both these groups.

Calvary Chapel appears to have problems with accountability of its pastors, financial transparency and the authoritarian leadership style of its founder Chuck Smith.

Teen Challenge runs drug rehab camps. Some families have complained about the way they are run. Also, there is an issue of concern regarding the lack of parental notification concerning minor children the group may work with.

good old time religion
Posted by: VTHokie ()
Date: September 29, 2003 09:05PM

Rule 1 of religion: A lack of accountability and auditability will naturally lead to problems. Jesus said "Let your yes be yes and your no be no." implying that you should be open and honest about your affairs.

Matthew 5:37
Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

Re: good old time religion
Posted by: golfer6716 ()
Date: February 07, 2008 12:16PM

I was involved in Calvary Chapel. They are very strange indeed. I would stay away.

Re: good old time religion
Posted by: weblogas ()
Date: February 12, 2008 10:55AM

Calvary Chapel like various SoCal ministries may well have started out all about all about Jesus but now it's all about the money.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.