Destiny Church - New Zealand
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: May 17, 2005 12:56PM

Interestingly my friend who worked so hard to get me out of Landmark has become involved with Destiny Church. I can't say I know a lot about the church other then what I have read in the media (which is quite alot)

I do know that the members all title 10% of their income which for my friend is quite significant considering she is on a domestic purposes benefit and struggles to survive week to week as it is.

I am concerned because the church leadership seems to be so autocratic. you must fall in line with what the ministers and leadership say! Add to this that the founders have just recently declared themselves to be bishops leaves me with huge concerns.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wizeone ()
Date: August 12, 2005 04:02AM

tithing is a biblical principle, I mean there is sripture that can back up that idea however I dont believe in pressuring people to do it. "If god loves a cheerful giver" the pressure thing isnt really that conducive to creating cheerful givers

as unsure as I am about destiny, I would say dont believe what you read in the media, as I have had a first hand experience(on an unrelated matter) of how the media manipulates news stories

I know they do alot of good, in the community and from what I have heard about BT he does base his stance on the bible but is a bit over the top about it

Posted by: CaptPorridge ()
Date: October 13, 2005 11:34PM

A NZ cult awareness site has this little blurb:

Destiny NZ. An unashamedly Christian political party officially started on 4 July 2003. Party President is David Jesze, Party Leader is Richard Lewis. While having very close ties to Destiny Church (for example, Brian Tamaki spoke at the formation event), they are technically independent from that church. They aim to have candidates for most electorates by the next election (October or November 2005).

Try contacting them, contact link is on the left:
[www.cults.co.nz]

Posted by: kemo1321 ()
Date: January 02, 2007 01:58AM

All i can say is that 20 years ago the current Prime Minister of New Zealand, Helen Clark, amonst many other women now in power through out the county atteneded a womans rights group, where they wrote down a 20 year agenda, on how to bring down NZ. From making abortions free, and without parental concent, or them ever having to know, Civil Unions, (the closest thing to gay marrage), hate speach, where u cannot say Jesus is THE way, u have to say jesus is A way, or u cant put down any other religion or social group, doing this could lead to imprisonment. 24 hour child care. Sex changes to be free, anti-smacking laws. And Mrs Clark is an Agnostic Athiest. And the list goes on.

What has happened is that the church has been sleeping for a very long time, and have said "hang on? whats happening here? you cant do this?"
And the world has said, "Who are you? where have you been for the last 20 years? And they are finally realising that NZ is falling down a deep hole without the church realising.

Most churchs are just ignoring this. BUT few churches are realising this and trying to make a stand and trying to take back the last 20 years to God. Destiny Church is one of those churches among many others.

If no one makes a stand, the world is going to pass the church by and leave them sitting in the pews, catering for each other and never making an impact on the world.

Thats all i wanted to say, please reply if you have another point of view, or you agree. i would love to here from you.

Kemo

Date: January 08, 2007 01:47PM

let me guess kemo, are you a member of destiny church australia?

Because the crap you are spouting sounds like it comes from the very mouth of Brian tamaki

Date: January 08, 2007 01:52PM

Edited to add, the idea that destiny church are the only church in New Zealand or the world that is doing it right, is nothing but spiritual arrogance. Many churches in New Zealand are making a profound impact on the world around them, but because they are quietly going about business and arent media whores like Brain Tamaki, they dont get anywhere near the same amount of airtime

Destiny Church a cult, hmmmm not sure completely, it does however have many cultlike tendencies. As for my first post in this thread, it was written at a time I was under the influence of another cultic church

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.