Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Pastor Sun East in Colorado
Posted by: Cultnomore ()
Date: November 02, 2012 12:32PM

Does anyone have information on this pastor? Her church is called First Love and it seems very cult-like.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pastor Sun East in Colorado
Date: November 06, 2012 10:56AM

My sister is going to this church and it is very cult like! The members only associate with each other and the Pastor is a woman who claims to see Jesus in her bedroom daily. All the members wait for her to give them prophecy before they marry, get a job, move to a house...ect. It is to the point where my sister will not even talk to me because she is afraid I might give her a bad "demon". Has any one else had any experience with this church? Help! I am scared for her. The pastor is named Sun Hui East and the church is First Love Harvest in Colorado. Anyone?

Posted by: heykevin ()
Date: November 24, 2012 02:22AM

don't get afraid dear first u should find the history of that church...

Posted by: Rhea ()
Date: February 10, 2013 07:45AM

Hi-

I understand your concern for your sister, and am sorry you are going through this. My family went to First Love for awhile. We left the Church over a year or more ago. Pastor Sun had made an altar call and wanted everyone that was willing to follow her and support her to come up. It was at that point that I could not commit. I know that a lot of the Church members have been with Pastor Sun for years and she has helped them out in some way. It just seems like you have to be all in and willing to follow everything she says or you don't fit in with the "Church Members" Did your sister move with them to San Antonio a month ago? What is your sister's name(if you can share)? I would have to say that when you are attending the Church (and have finally gotten used to how different it is), you start to get use to how things work there and their expectations.However, their big move to San Antonio just seems a little crazy. Would love to hear your thoughts please:-)

Thanks!

Date: March 13, 2013 07:17AM

I do not feel comfortable giving her name but she almost went to Texas with them and decided not to at the last minute. Do you think this is a cult? She seems very detached from reality now and seems to have lost her way. I thought it was weird they all picked up and left together though. Really really odd to me. Do you know much about the members? She got involved through a woman named Deaseray?

Posted by: Rhea ()
Date: March 15, 2013 05:43AM

Hi-

I understand you not wanting to give her name. As far as the people at the Church go, they are all so nice,loving, and caring. They are like a family to each other. Most of them have been with Pastor Sun for years. They all follow Pastor Sun and do whatever she says though which concerns me a bit. I do believe Pastor Sun hears from God, but I do believe at times her prophecies are based on her own thoughts and emotions. I do believe the Church is very cult like. I believe the people there think they are following God but are truely following Pastor Sun. She has a huge influence on all of them. They are all expected to be at every Church service and every prayer meeting which is at least twice a day and lasts for hours. I had Church members tell me that their extended family at one time attended the Church, but left because they thought it was a cult. The Church members are kept so busy doing what Pastor Sun wants that they have no time for their families and what friends they had outside of the Church. If Pastor Sun tells them to get a job, they do it. It just better not interfer with Church or prayer. If she tells them to quit their jobs to make movies, they do it. Their move to Texas was just one more thing where they all followed Pastor Sun.
There must have been a red flag or something that caused your sister not to go with them? Keep reaching out to her and don't give up. Has she started to attend another Church yet? Does she stay in close contact with the Church?
I think its very sad to see these people mislead and torn from reality and their families.

Date: March 19, 2013 10:01PM

Thank you for talking to me about this. It has been very hard. My sister did not go because she had commitments in colorado she could not leave or I am sure she would. She is in kind of a mourning period now. I am not going to agree with you that this pastor hears from God. I believe she has a Jezebel spirit that makes her know things about people and situations. If she loved God as much as she claimed to she would see her congregation is worshiping her and NOT God. They confuse the two to be the same and her pride is so strong that she encourages this behavior at any cost. It seems there are not governing bodies or other members to hold her accountable in any way and anyone who dares to challenge her will end up alienated from the group. My sister came to my house one day with a bag of clothes and a couple pillows from her house. She asked me if I wanted anything before she gave it away. I was shocked when I pulled everything out because it was all the color red! When I asked her what the H@LL was going on she said her pastor did not approve of anyone wearing the color red or having it in their home. What?!?!?!? This is just crazy! She got mad at me when I asked her to show me in the bible where it said not to wear red and wanted to throw up when she said, "it doesn't matter if it's in the bible or not. Pastor Sun doesn't like me wearing it and I will do whatever she tells me to do."I think this church is very scary and I am glad they all left and moved to another state but the effects on my sister are deep and will take tears to undo. I love Jesus. I have been saved for years and I respect a church holding themselves to a higher standard so it is not about me wanting to live a life style of sin that caused my sister to pull away from me. It was me asking her questions and challenging her to explain the actions this church pressed her to conform to. I think my sister is still in contact but can't be sure. She was very close to Deaseray. Can you tell me anything about her? She is the one who pulled her in. I have only met her twice but she actually looked brainwashed to me. She was very sweet and kind to me and I think she made my sister feel like she was part of the "family" but I also think she worships this pastor at a creepy level. I am glad you are talking to me about this because you know what I am talking about from experience. Why did you leave if you don't mind me asking?

Date: March 19, 2013 11:08PM

Also, can you tell me what this is about? Did this happen while you were there? Did that church really beat a boy with a wood 2x4?!?![groupsects.wordpress.com]
I just found this on line when researching more about this church.

Posted by: OldGreg ()
Date: April 02, 2013 03:45AM

I don't know why I decided to Google my former church today, but I felt compelled to. I came across this forum topic and felt that I needed to share what I experienced at First Love, under Sun Warren, or Sun Hui East as she is now known.

My family was one of the founding members of that church. I started going with my mom when I was in middle school and left when I was 20 years old, so about 7 years. I left in 1999. I can tell you first hand, it is a cult. She is very manipulative and controls people with fear. I have never shared this in a public forum and have only talked about it with a few close friends, but I feel that it isn't helping anyone by not sharing. I would even take a polygraph test. I am being 100% honest.

It started as a branch off from Faith Christian Fellowship in Aurora. She left the church to start her own and my mom went with her. At first it was in a store front near the Safeway on Buckley and Mexico and eventually moved to the old post office on Dayton and Colfax. I left shortly before they built the church out on Picadilly and E-470. (Which was land and a home bought by Sun from the bank, right underneath a former family of the church, whom she promptly kicked out) and then they moved to their current location. As it has been said before, the church has never belonged to a denomination or any other organized group. It's just Sun and everything decided and controlled by her, there is no accountability to anyone but herself. Monetarily or scripturally.

Everything at first was normal (at least it seemed that way). As the years went on the focus really changed and I noticed a lot of things that just didn't seem right. I wish that I was more versed in the Bible then, as I am today, as I surely wouldn't have stayed as long as I did.

People started leaving the church after they had been at the Dayton location for a awhile. People were leaving, because her daughter had a dream that she actually saw the Book Of Life and she saw peoples names who were and weren't in the book. I will interject here that she believes that every dream is from the Lord. Once she had a dream that some fake plants we had on the stage behind the worship team were snakes trying to eat the them. The next day they were taken down. So obviously she believed the dream was from God and many members rejected this idea so they were told to leave. I didn't find out until sometime afterward that this is why they left.

On top of every dream being of the Lord or the devil, the also believes that everything is a demon. Tired? Demon. Hungry? Demon. She often commanded the spirit of sleepiness to leave people. (even if it was 11 o'clock at night and they had been at church since 6 that morning) One time, right in the middle of an evening service, she walked up to a member of the church (whom I know still goes there) and said, "I command the spirit of masturbation to come out of you right now!" He turned beet red but said nothing. She was very poor at being tact, and would often just blurt things out, regardless of location or whom was present. I realized I should never tell her anything in secret, because the whole leadership team would eventually hear about it, as well as the congregation at some point. There are no secrets there. (Unless it's her secrets)

There were many things that are unbiblical which went on at the church, which included manifestations of angels, laughing fits, crying fits, clouds (She called it a Glory Cloud) during services, bubbles floating around and landing on people during prayer meetings. Of course I never saw any of these things, so I must have been the one with sin in my life. One time, one of the members (who still goes there as far as I know) said he was in his hotel room at night and noticed a mist floating on the ceiling. He felt like he needed to open his mouth so he did and the mist entered into him. (WHAT?!) He then, soon after said had visions of heaven and hell. I remember the pictures he drew. The demons looked like big cockroaches. (Don't remember that in the Bible) Note, we were also recently visited by Mary K Baxter whom also had visions of Heaven and Hell (Gotta be like everyone else.) Of course Sun supported all this as Biblical and told everyone it was from God and not to question it.

One of the things that really bothered me and got me to start thinking about leaving was her claim that she was, not using the same terminology, clairvoyant. She said that she could go into a trance and float out of her body and go see her husband, Steve, at work and her children wherever they were. Anyone that uses witchcraft and says that it is a gift from God, even though God strictly forbids it and calls it an abomination, is a false prophet. She had many prophecies over the years that failed to come true. One which was a result of my leaving the church. I know, if they read this, they'll know who I am, but I don't really care anymore...

I was going to school full time, working full time and at the church everyday except for Saturdays. I told her that I needed a break. Just a month or so to get some well needed rest. She told me to come talk to her after church. I went in her office and she proceeded to tell me that if I left the church, I would lose my position and have to earn my way back in. She also said that when I left, my then fiancee would leave me within 3 months and that I would be miserable and come crawling back. I felt gutted and torn. I still came to the service that night and she was preaching on how God was thinning out the heard and separating the sheep and the goats. I had enough. That night was my last night there. I left long time friends, people whom I loved and trusted (I know some still go there) and never went back, I never even said goodbye.

That same evening, I got a call from someone who recently left the church as well whom was a friend that I hadn't seen at church in a few months. She told us (my fiancee and I) that she had it on her heart to call us and tell us what had been going on behind our backs at the prayer meetings we weren't at. Sun was telling all the girls to cut their hair because my fiancee had long hair and a spirit of lust, and that she was trying to pull me away from the church. They weren't to talk to her or socialize with her in any way. She told me more about all the manifestations that were happening at the church and also about how Sun had bought the house out from underneath her family. She said the Lord compelled her to call us that night, and it just happened to be the night that we left the church. Amazing how God can confirm your decisions and answer prayers that quickly.

About that false prophecy, we'll it's been 14 years since I left and I have been married to the same God loving woman for 13.5 of those years and we have a beautiful daughter. Every anniversary I think about what Sun said and how she was trying to control me with fear and thank God for opening my eyes to what was really going on.

I could write all day about the things that I experienced at First Love, some which I won't on this forum as it could be a legal matter. Long story short (too late) it IS a cult. I know there are good God loving people that go there, and that on the surface it looks like a good church. It's when you get into the upper echelons of the group that you realize what is going on. It is all about Sun and getting as big as she can be and having as much control as she can. I know of others who have left the church that won't even use their real name so they can't find them. Pray for your sister's eyes to be opened... before it's too late and Sun has her sign over her Will and estate to the church. (yeah, that's happened too)

If you have any questions please ask. God Bless.

I don't know anything about the supposed "beating" I left when Samuel was still very young, at least 11 years before it took place. but I do know 4 of the 5 men that supposedly held him down. It actually wouldn't surprise me if it was true though.

PS. Are they really moving to Texas? Yay! I hate running into some of them at the grocery stores from time to time. Very awkward...

Date: April 05, 2013 05:32AM

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I believe this woman Sun is dangerous and manipulative. She has led many people to believe she has some magical connection to God and is the only one who can clearly hear his voice and will for everyones lives. My sister has told me stories very similar to yours about "warnings" given through prophecy and visions from the church members. People seem controlled through fear and from the outside looking in it seems that most of the members who have been with her for years "need" her to some extent either financially, emotionally, or spiritually. I feel like she gets into a persons personal life through "clairvoyance" (for lack of a better word) or familiar spirit then manipulates them into believing that they need to 'earn" Gods love or approval by serving her. I have heard of the all night prayer groups and the constant business of running the congregation tired though lack of sleep and mandatory fasting. My sister seems to be in a constant state of fear. Fear, she will miss God's calling on her life. Fear, she is not doing enough, praying enough, fasting enough, serving enough...... Fear she is "backsliding" because Sun saw a spirit of rebellion on her. Sun's daughter and son sound just as crazy as she is. I feel sorry for that family. They have made her son out to be some anointed man of God who will be a famous musician one day. The funny thing is my sister had me listen to some of his songs and most of them were very secular without a word about God. I believe every bit about what you have shared with me and I thank you for confirming everything I know to be true about this Pastor Sun East Warren Hui (whatever her real name is) Yes, they have all picked up and moved to Texas (CULT) and I am thankful to be spending more time with my sister. The more she tells me the more I feel compelled to warn everyone about this woman. She seems to be operating with the pretense of being one of God's anointed and chosen and in reality she is a very dangerous woman who runs a cult by the wicked power of the Jezebel spirit. You are brave to have shared your story and I thank you so much.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.