Dahn yoga centers
Posted by: hokuala ()
Date: August 22, 2006 06:56PM

I have been a member of a Dahn yoga center for 10 months. I was a little suspicious in the beginning, but loved the exercise and the way I felt. I was not until I had signed up for 1 year that the high pressure sales started. I am now so sick of going there, but don't know how to end my contract. Anyone have any information on how to cancel a contract with this center? I only have 2 months left, and I guess worse case I just pay for the last 2 months.

Options: ReplyQuote
Dahn yoga centers
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 22, 2006 07:18PM

This would be something to discuss with an attorney.

But if you only have two months left it may not be worth it.

Dahn yoga centers
Posted by: tinyyogini ()
Date: August 26, 2006 06:58AM

Simple. Suck up the last two months that you paid for. Refuse to renew any contracts. If you must, just stop going for the rest of the contract.

And STAY AWAY. Go to a regular yoga school. A "real" yoga school will include descriptions of the types of yoga they offer (hatha, ashtanga, bikram, etc...). You'll feel just as good, I promise. In addition, you might want to look into Qi Gong or Tai Chi as supplementary practice to yoga.

Best of luck to you!
Namaste,
Tiny Yogini

Dahn yoga centers
Posted by: shakti ()
Date: August 27, 2006 12:04AM

tinyyogini
Simple. Suck up the last two months that you paid for. Refuse to renew any contracts. If you must, just stop going for the rest of the contract.

And STAY AWAY. Go to a regular yoga school. A "real" yoga school will include descriptions of the types of yoga they offer (hatha, ashtanga, bikram, etc...). You'll feel just as good, I promise. In addition, you might want to look into Qi Gong or Tai Chi as supplementary practice to yoga.

Best of luck to you!
Namaste,
Tiny Yogini

Yes, I would agree. Get away from them. I would also urge you to stay away from the Bikram mentioned as well. Hatha and ashtanga have many good teachers, but be careful with them too. Bikram is run by a shady operator currrently in legal trouble that has been covered on this site. Not aware if there are Bikram teachers who have rejected their leader, but there might be ones that are harmless.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.