doomsday prophecisors
Posted by: angrylush ()
Date: August 03, 2005 08:49AM

I am currently working on a calendar project of doomsday predictions. I'm aware of atleast a few "churches" describing the End of Times or return of the Messiah during the 2006 calendar Year (the Moonies, the Elohim City cult, the "Family") but I'm looking for more. If anyone's aware of any churches, cults, doomsday predictors or other would-be prophets calling for everything to fall apart in the next year or so, I'd be in your debt for the dirt. Thanks everyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
doomsday prophecisors
Posted by: Angela ()
Date: August 03, 2005 11:41AM

Elohim City believes "the end is here" in 2006? I knew someone who had been involved with them and used to kinda follow their story but I haven't been paying attention to them lately. When did this come about? Just curious.

I don't know of anyone that's thinking of 2006 aside from the ones you've listed, however I do know that a LOT of groups think that this year marked some kind of "starting point" for the seven year "tribulation period" written of in the Bible and are looking at 2012 as "the end." One of those groups has a website called Hidden Manna and claim to be the last generation of Branch Davidians under an anonymous leader who calls himself the Chosen Vessel.

There's probably plenty more because about a year or so ago scientists found an asteroid that will come "near" earth in 2012. I think it has like a one-one-thousandth of a percent chance of getting close enough to earth that peices could break off and fall through our atmosphere.... something like that... but doomsday predictors have jumped on it as the event that's supposed to destroy the earth as we know it. That's basically the Chosen Vessel's "message."

doomsday prophecisors
Date: August 03, 2005 07:55PM

That's fantastic. I'll look into them. As far as doomsday asteroids and near earthers, there's only a couple of confirmed near earthers that I know of, and a few dozen "close calls" or "see you real soon" type of orbiters, and on that note I have a few prophecies that involve the return of these asteroids that claim to bring about the end of the world ... hmmmf. I need more. Oh so much more. Thanks Angela.

doomsday prophecisors
Posted by: Ickle_vicki ()
Date: August 08, 2005 03:24AM

Also the mayans predict something like that but not the destruction sort of a new world evolving but that isnt certain because no one is sure how long ago their calender was made. 2006 Eros comes back but thats every 31 years so I cant see how that makes sense. In 2003 alot cults thought the world was going to end. 2029 seems more likely with one coming lower than TV satelites and maybe hitting in 2034 or a year or two bear in mind 2012 its 10 million miles from earth which can be used to destroy. Id take the end of the world things with caution since in 1998 41 failed theories and in 1999 32. So on and so forth
hope this helps

doomsday prophecisors
Date: August 08, 2005 08:44AM

Yeah, I figure by now you're only looking at a handful of failed predictions for 2006, but a handful is still some fine entertainment, provided you find these people before they end up as a post New Years 07 crawler at the bottom of CNN.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.