Current Page: 9 of 173
Re: Struthers Memorial Independent Pentecostal Church
Posted by: susie ()
Date: March 25, 2011 04:59AM

Hi all

My experience of S.M.C. When I went there at first no one was allowed to talk to me. The Pastor of the Cumbernauld branch seemed to hate me on sight. The time I was there I was emotioally abused. The abuse was very subtle it came in the form of; giving me dirty looks at every meeting, throwing remarks at me from the platform while she was preaching, ignoring me, saying and doing very unkind things to me when we were on our own, taking me down in front of others and so on. I went to see her about some of these issues and I was told that it was all my imagination and that I needed deliverance, because I was demon possessed.
This only caused me further trauma. I could say much more but I will leave it there, by the time I had left I was quite ill, as I had lost the ability to know the difference between right and wrong. I had developed postmatic stress syndrome a condition that soldiers get in a war, also the shock of it all has made 50% of my hair fall out. I still get flash backs and really bad dreams, that hang over me for days at a time. I have also lost two of my family through this woman Pastor, that can never be made up for. To my mind this is a very dangerous woman Pastor, who should not get to be anywhere near innocent children.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ThePetitor ()
Date: March 25, 2011 08:11PM

Hi LoveAlways and Susie, and welcome to the forum. And hello to Rensil as well - I am not sure anyone has actually welcomed you yet.

It is really good of you to take the time and share your experiences. I know how hard it can be to talk about issues in the past but, as you can see from the forum, you are not alone. It is also not the first time I have heard of post-traumatic stress syndrom being associated with Struthers.

Like many people on this forum, I spent years thinking it was just me, but it is being more and more clear that is not the case. Even though I have moved on in many ways, I still find it really helpful when others post a bit about their experiences. It helps me see that there is a pattern that has affected a number of people, not just me.

I am so sorry that you have had such a tough time. There is a great deal of hurt on this forum, and it all seems so unnecessary. There are also many examples of people who have found there is a life beyond Struthers however, and it seems that, in every case, it is more fulfilling.

So, whether you want to say more or just read the comments from others, great to hear from you.

Regards and Best Wishes to all.

Posted by: CovLass ()
Date: March 29, 2011 08:40PM

Hi Susie and welcome to the forum. Id also like to welcome lovealways and rensil.

Susie I know just what you mean about the pastor of Cumbernauld. The looks, comments and even parts of sermons aimed at you, then when you confront being told its you that has the problem, that she is being a loving caring pastor and the reason you are reacting to her is because you are demoin possesed. Its really upsetting to here you have suffered so much. Im glad you found this forum and have had the courage to speak out about your experiences.

I hope you realise at the very least that you are not the only one tisd happened to and that this brings some comfort. I hope too that you can overcome these difficulties, dreams and PTSD. There maybe some resources on this site that can help with dealing with the aftermath. Ive not delved deeply into this but there is a section titles "Getting Help" and under that a section titled "Recovery" Maybe there is something in the that will help, or perhaps the moderators can suggest someting?

I really hope you find some answers and most importanly that peace for you life and the restoration of your family.

God Bless and Im praying for you

CovLass

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 08:42PM by CovLass.

Posted by: lovealways ()
Date: March 30, 2011 03:58AM

Hey,
When I was in Struthers I was in fear. I was scared to do anything. I was so self-conscious. Started introspect, and that is not always a good thing. Why was I scared, because everything you do you get watched and made you feel intimidated and scorned upon. Thank God that He took me bit by bit. God’s love is everything to me. His Word tells me. 'There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love'. 1 John 4:18
I am going to put things down in categories :)
The 'Clique'
There were a lot of young people at Cumbernauld at one point. We were at an august camp. Diana chose a clique. One was her niece, which was a given, her nieces friend and two other girls. Everyone else was moved to the side. The 'clique' could speak to Diana whenever they wanted to. She had time for them. Diana said if you follow God you will be in the 'clique' the 'clique' was what Diana called it. All I knew at that point was they were different from me. I was a church filler. Now no matter what I done I could not get into the 'clique' Diana said jump, I said how high. I never had a TV. I never listened to secular music. I never went on holiday. Only holiday I had been at the camps. And when I got home from the camps, I needed a holiday, lol. I am just putting down what happened and the facts. Struthers have this saying the highway to holiness. I was living my life and walk with God as well as I could. Yes it is "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God". -Ephesians 2:8. So no matter what you do if you are not wanted in the 'clique' it won’t happen. This is favouritism. And God has no favourites.
The Bible
At meetings the bible was taken out of context. Not only taken out of context, they preached what was wrong but never gave an answer how to deal with it. If they said don’t watch TV. Then what are you supposed to do? Yes pray read your Bible. You can’t do that all day. You feel isolated. And since you were not in the 'clique' you couldn't just call them up and say hey, you want to go out for the day. Taking the Bible to church, I started to do this. It was unusual because not many people took their Bible to church. I read what scripture it was being read from and I was thinking am I reading from a different Bible?
'Banned'
There are four people who have been 'banned' from Struthers. Three I know personally.
1. A teenager was 'banned' on a complete lie. At a camp she was speaking to someone. And Diana’s son pasted her and overheard what was said. Went to his mum and said she was speaking to him about something. After the camp on the Sunday evening Diana preached and openly named the teenager. And went on to say in all the years I have been to ex amount of camps ( i.e. she named how many years I just can’t remember) and this is worse camp I have ever been to. So the teenager was 'banned' and when someone was 'banned' you are not encouraged to be in contact with them. So I lost contact. After I left Struthers I contacted the person and asked what happened back then and she told me. So she was 'banned' on a complete lie.
2. Someone else was 'banned' cause she would give Struthers a bad name.
3. Someone else was 'banned' and this friend is a cracker. This woman wrote to Grace Gault and aquised the church of witchcraft. I was in the meeting when this was said. Diana said, that this woman was mentally unstable was was getting help. This is so far from the truth the woman is now on the God channel!
4. A woman from Johnstone I do not know personally. Was at an august camp and she was 'banned' why? She had a huge argument with Diana and the leadership and was told she was 'banned' from all of Struthers churches. I was at that camp
Kirkby
Cheryl Doyle and Diana had a major argument at the august camp. I don’t know what it was about. The Kirkby church and Struthers split. I was at that camp.
Discernment
There was a woman who came up from England to an august camp. She was in witchcraft. Her family had been in witchcraft for hundreds of years, yes hundreds of years. She got prayed with by Grace & Diana and was set free. She gave testimony. I was not convinced. Mr Black prayed with her. Saying that she was going to be used in the deliverance ministry. After the camp she went back down to England and attended Pauline Anderson’s church. Don’t know what happened but she was sent up to the Cumbernauld church. Diana took to her. I don’t know if that is the correct word to use. I watched, and the weeks past etc. and I was getting more convinced that she hadn’t been delivered. She moved into Diana's home. One day Diana walked into the room and the woman was sitting practising witchcraft. After that Diana took her to the police and nothing more was heard about it. Apart from the sermon. I think you know that Struthers are known for discernment. Where was the discernment there?
Any questions?

Attachments: DISCERNMENT.jpg (27.7 KB)  
Date: March 30, 2011 04:02AM

Hi Covlass

Thank you for your prayers. Is has taken me a while to speak out about this one, reason being I felt really stupid that I sat so long under that kind of abuse, while I happily gave my tithes every week, as well as my time in doing things for the church coffee shop. I knew also that no one would believe me. I had known there was something very wrong for a long time, but I could not trust my own feelings on this as it involved the servants of God. I now realise that many of God's people have suffered at the hands of the leaders in S.M.C. I do not know what the next step is for me, but I know there is one. I had been told stories about the people who had left I now know that these stories are not true. I remember one young woman who made accusations against the leader of the Cumbernauld branch of S.M.C. after she left the Pastor Diana Rutherford told us she was mentally ill. I met this woman several weeks later and got a very different story. This young woman now has written a book and is on the God channel ministering to others who need help.

Susie

Date: March 30, 2011 04:31AM

Hi ANON

for every healing and deliverance that happens in S.M.C. there is is a life that has been and is being systematically destroyed by the leaders of Struthers Memorial Church. The healings are being manifested by the grace of God he is the healer they are the abusers. I think you are rather confused in you reasoning of this situation. If God decides he wants to heal one of his chidren that is his will, but I do not believe that it is his will to see any of his children abused. If only one person accused this church of abuse then maybe the person themselves have a problem, but there are now so many saying the same thing.

Susie

Date: March 30, 2011 05:05AM

Hi Lorna

I believe what you say, however that does not mean that it is the same for others who have been there, or even for the ones that are still there. If you haven't recieved any of "the special treatment" then you must be one of the chosen who only get encouraged, or
maybe you are related in some way to one of the leaders. I do not know your situation, but I know this for sure. people there are being destroyed. I know people who are still in the church, who never left because they were afraid to lose their salvation. The truth will not go away, whether you believe it or not.

Susie

Posted by: Rensil ()
Date: March 31, 2011 07:39AM

There have been several posts relating to the Cumbernauld branch of Struthers, but I'd like it to be known that the same controlling, favouritism and banning procedures occur in all the branch churches. Since every one of the leaders follow the same teaching and continually told us how much in unity the leaders are, then it followed that their treatment of members of their church grouping adhered to the same pattern. I was advised to cut contact with an individual if they left the church; this happened to me on 3 or 4 specific occasions. It was hard to take especially if the person is a friend and one whose company you enjoyed. I also knew of people who were banned and of course, you were told not to see them. Because you're held by fear, you just did what the leaders said on the issue.

I am devastated to read in this Forum about these banning and shunning experiences happening to teenagers. What are such young, emotionally immature lives to do, in order to deal with the feelings of rejection and worthlessness which this could engender within them. And there is the terrible danger of puting them off wanting to walk the Christian road and be involved in the life of a church.

Perhaps, without giving personal details here, some folk could say how they've found a fulfilling Christian life as part of another church and how there are good, supportive churches out there. I think this may help others who are still confused or too fearful to make a move out of Struthers.

Date: March 31, 2011 07:23PM

Hi remoderator

the answer to your questions dated 6-17-2002. All the time I was there I never knew or was I ever told where any of tithes and such like went. Also how pastors were hired, I was told God put them their, not sure what God they mean't. There was never anywhere you could ask or complain to about anything you thought was wrong or even illegal. As far I know S.M.C. is and always has been a law unto itself. They are accountable to no one. If you think about it, they do not even obey the word of God e.g. love one another. They have made their own laws. Quite possible they also have made their own God, using Christ as a front for all they do and using the word when it suits their evil purposes

Susie

Date: March 31, 2011 07:57PM

Hi Rensil

I know what you mean by the other branches of S.M.C. having the same abusive system in place. I would like to point out to you, that the Pastor of the Cumbernauld branch is more known for her so called decernment than anything else. She holds great sway over the other branches of Struthers and her word is paramount in the church as a whole. I do believe that many an unsuspecting soul has been damaged on her say so alone. I remeber a story about one of the young leaders who took the fire conference who took a liking to one of the young people who came along to church. Then the Cumbernauld Pastor came on the scene, had a few words with this young- likely leader to be and everything changed. Make no mistake the woman has great influence in that church, I some times wondered who really was in charge of the S.M.C.

Susie

Current Page: 9 of 173

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.