Re: Struthers Memorial Independent Pentecostal Church
Posted by: Happy Survivor ()
Date: September 25, 2013 04:34AM

Hello everyone!

It was good to hear all your reasons for contributing to the forum. You have certainly helped me very much over the past few weeks. Thank you all a million times!

The time has now come for me to bow out of this forum and to move on with my new life. SMC has harmed me quite enough and I am determined that their evil claws will not dig into me anymore. Thankfully God has set a date when evil will be defeated and the days of those who are working evil in SMC are numbered.

For a little while things will continue as they are...sparks may still fly out of Grace Gault's mouth...Diana Rutherford will still scream peoples sins and failings across crowded meeting rooms...Alison Speirs will still arrogantly strut about in the "church" and she will continue to deceive unsuspecting parents who make the mistake of sending their offspring to Cedars School of Excellence...the other two old women who lead the Falkirk and Port Glasgow meetings will no doubt remain in post until they drop dead...Chris Jewell now has his hands on the Gourock "church" ( that man has his fingers in a lot of pies, but I suppose that he is the friendly front of SMC in Inverclyde and is always plastered all over the Greenock Telegraph).

The loyal henchmen/henchwomen and all the SMC enforcers will continue to maintain a watchful vigil over proceedings at SMC. I wonder if they recall that verse from the Psalms that says that unless the Lord builds the house the builders labour in vain and unless the Lord guards the city the watchmen watch in vain.

All the mindless sheep will continue to flock to meetings and to gaze adoringly into the eyes of their beloved leaders and to feel so special and chosen when Mrs Gault or one of the other old women deigns to speak to them in a meeting. Those who follow the leaders and teachings of SMC are responsible before God for this choice they have made. If there was no pew fodder the leaders would not be able to hold meetings. They are so obsessed and ridiculous that they would no doubt rant and rave to an empty building so maybe having no congregation would not actually stop them.

Andrew Jewell is quietly feathering his nest by furthering his I.T. skills which may make him more employable if things were to go pear shaped at Cedars School. I know that he is being groomed to take over from Grace Gault as overall leader of SMC but it could turn out to be a poisoned chalice. The Speirs family will be comfortably off if their Cedars School Empire were to come crashing down around their ears.

So it looks like none of the special, chosen anointed ones will suffer at all...at least not financially or materially...in the eyes of God, well, that is another matter.

But for now, let's just let them have their little day. In Pilgrims Progress, Christian was told..."fear not the lions, for they are chained". There is only so much damage and destruction that those in SMC will be allowed to inflict. One day , in His own time, God will say that enough is enough.

Until that Day, be strong and courageous and fight the good fight of faith. As Christ Himself has said...greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.

He who has ears to hear, let him/her hear.

With love in Him,

Happy Survivor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cornelius Dredd ()
Date: September 25, 2013 06:06PM

Happy Survivor, thank-you for your input here. May you be at peace now and move on, strengthened by your own ability to see the obvious. I thoroughly agree mental illness is one explanation for the behaviour of the leadership. However,I would find it hard to sympathize in any way. I suppose you could say gg had no chance from the start being brought up as she was, but I'm sure she wasn't reared to be cruel to loyal congregants who may have legitimate problems or queries. Nay, I think I'll save my sympathy for the damaged and spiritually abused victims of these unpleasant, self-aggrandising leadership types.
I would describe them more as filled with delusions of grandeur, which are evidently passed down the generations.
Crucially though, we tend not to have time for this kind of mentality, because they inflict damage on innocent people and keep the docile sheep trapped by whatever means.
Your contributions here are and will remain invaluable. A true and current story of courage under fire. Also a real indicator of how things STILL are at smc. I applaud you and wish you the very best. Your posts have been interesting (if appalling) to read.
Love and peace to you..
And regards to all, Cornelius Dredd (Once Ifellaway..)

Posted by: Chris19 ()
Date: September 26, 2013 02:25AM

Sounds to me that some of the SMC people in key positions suffer from narcissistic personality traits. Can't get the link to work but Google in narcissistic personality disorder and go to the mentalhealth,com site.

One of the first statements on the site is "Most Cult Leaders Have Severe Narcissistic Personality Disorder". Recognise anyone?

Posted by: Cornelius Dredd ()
Date: September 26, 2013 03:54AM

Haha very much Chris19. I saw this site before and considered posting here that I had found "the manual" that smc leadership all seem to follow. I think maybe I was too stunned to see a funny side...
But, yes! Indeed! So many traits make them ludicrously obvious...in hindsight. :)
lol. Regards, Cornelius Dredd

Date: September 26, 2013 07:59PM

I would like to say, in the interests of fairness, that my ex friend whom I described as a Struthers Sympathiser is perfectly within her rights to deal with SMC as she chooses. I do not want to be guilty of the control that SMC exercise over their flock.

I just wanted to warn other contributors of the danger of those who outwardly appear to be sympathetic to those who have suffered in SMC but who in their heart of hearts support SMC.

Just because a "friend" says "God bless" and adds a "x" at the end of her text message does emphatically not mean that she will be a friend no matter what.

I'm afraid it is once again a case of the divisive nature of SMC. One cannot sit on the fence and claim on one hand to be sympathetic whilst at the same time hobnobbing with loyal SMC henchmen/henchwomen.

I have reached the point where I am no longer surprised that yet one more friendship has gone down the tubes.

It is the SMC Factor yet again.

The power of this organisation and the sway that it holds over intelligent individuals does continue to amaze me, I must say.

SMC will not be pleased that I have come out of retirement!

It's great to be back!

Love in Him,

Happy Survivor.

Date: September 26, 2013 08:12PM

Sorry folks!

My last post has not made sense. I must not have sent my earlier post.

I have had an encounter with a Struthers Sympathiser. A girl I considered to be a good friend.

I would like to warn the forum that there are those who may not be attending meetings but who are nevertheless giving tacit and passive support to SMC.

A sign of a Struthers Sympathiser is someone who will never question the policies, doctrine or leadership of SMC.

What makes them dangerous is that, like my now ex friend, they will initially appear to be sympathetic to our suffering. My ex friend told me she had read all the latigo website and that she had been following this forum.

Crucially, she would not, or probably could not, bring herself to question SMC. I think it was more a case that she dared not.

I extend a welcome to her onto the forum. Maybe she could tell us what she feels inside when she reads of the deep pain and anguish of those who have suffered in SMC. Then she may like to explain why she would sacrifice a friendship to keep in with SMC.

I don't hold anything against this poor girl. She is just another victim I suppose. But until these people see the light and wake up and smell the coffee they are dangerous in my eyes.

Date: September 27, 2013 02:56AM

Hi folks!

I think I have cracked the identity of our friend "Bingowings"!

Upon investigation, I found the following on the "NHS Choices" website:

"Banish those flabby upper arms for good with this 10-minute bingo wings workout".

It must have been Alison Speirs, headmistress of Cedars School of Excellence and the supreme leader of the Glasgow branch of SMC.

Maybe she would like to come onto the forum and confirm if I am right or if I am in error. Or she could send one of her minions to defend her.

Happy Survivor.

Posted by: cbarb-again ()
Date: September 27, 2013 10:40AM

Hi folks

I'm afraid, Happy Survivor that Bingowings has already been banned from the forum and would be unlikely to be able to enter the debate again, unless they use completely different details to create a new account. Even so, it would hardly be helpful if the person continued to resort to SMC tactics of answering the questioners with accusations rather than logically, decently and Biblically backing up some feasible answers. It's so much easier to try to bully and antagonise people, after all that's exactly how the leaders treat their members.

I find myself astonished at the small core number of people who still revere these so-called leaders. When you consider that even Nostradamus got quite a lot of predictions (or prophesies) correct and many of the events he foretold have happened in the intervening years. Now I remember being told, in SMC, that Nostradamus was the devil's spawn (or somesuch). Now, I have to wonder if that was just because they didn't want us to question why NONE of the prophesies made by SMC leaders EVER came true and yet they were always given as 'coming imminently'. Everyone used to 'hang' on the 'New Year Word' to hear what wonderful promises God had made and what miracles could be expected in the coming year. Did any of it EVER happen? Not to my knowledge but perhaps the current members are privy to some prophesy actually becoming fact, which has cemented their belief that the leaders of SMC are not false prophets.

Once you accept that nothing they have prophesised for the past 50 odd years has actually come to pass - you are left with only ONE conclusion: These are the quintessential False Prophets and, as such, are dangerously unbalanced. I agree wholeheartedly with Chris19, narcissism is a word I have also used to describe the iffy mental state of these few families. I think Ma Jewell was perfectly right to have feared greatly for her grandchildren since it seems they have had no choice but to become totally hypnotised and embroiled in the power-struggle and I do feel some sympathy for them, having been brought up that way myself. It's so totally ingrained in you that you really and truly believe that everything you have been told is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

But I'm preaching to the converted here, we all know how difficult it is to break free from the clutches of the Fat Controllers in SMC. :-)

This is why they insist that you spend all of your time within SMC or with other members of SMC because it stops you receiving any outside influences - until your whole life revolves around the church and you eventually become dependent on it - like a drug. This is how these unscrupulous people extend and enforce their ultimate control of the members lives - and basically keep them 'sheep-like', as the Petitor suggested recently.

Happy Survivor, you may come across many more 'fast' friends who suddenly lose contact but you will gain many more healthy, normal and decent friends who will be 'true' friends no matter what. At least you will begin to feel sane and whole again but you are right to remain wary of people who are in or have been in SMC - at least until you are sure whether or not they have reached a true understanding of what's going on in SMC.

Many people have left but are still confused and worried that what they were taught might just be right and are therefore loathe to say anything bad against the church and, while you can sympathise with their confusion, you still need to be careful what you say around these people. Others who have left just don't want to talk about their experiences at all and that's OK too since it's unlikely you would be able to draw these people into any kind of debate over the issues here and equally unlikely that they will set foot inside the church again let alone talk to any of the current members.

The point is, you will eventually know who to trust and you will find much support here - but ultimately, it doesn't really matter what people say about you and it's better to find out who your REAL friends are even if it is a painful process. It might seem very difficult just now but you really will begin to heal now that you're away from the brain-poison in SMC. Just remember that you have made a huge leap in the right direction and we're all right behind you!

As always, biiiiiiiig love and huge huggggggggs to all
God Bless xxx

Date: September 27, 2013 03:34PM

Dear folks,

I really don't know why I am still allowing myself to be upset by SMC. My fiancé is really cheesed off at the effect they all still have on me. He said last night that he only went along to Glasgow SMC Saturday night meetings in the way one would visit a zoo, saying "I've never seen one of them before". Well, now he has seen this exotic species and he is less than impressed. Weird but not wonderful.

The SMC zoo's star attraction could be Grace Gault...I can see it now...the door women/bouncers shouting "Roll up! Roll up! Come and see the Pyrotechnic Lady with sparks coming out of her mouth!"

My fiancé said he is just glad that none of his former work colleagues came with us on those two evenings because they would have been rolling around on the floor laughing their heads off at all the antics during the meeting. It does have a great entertainment value but I have better ways to spend a Saturday evening.

Most of it is auto suggestion and if they were worshipping alone in the right spirit you would find they would not be performing in the way that they do. They are sheep like and in Andrew Jewell's words they "run with the crowd".. Their special effects are not at all professional but very amateur.

Forgive my mocking tone but sometimes laughter is a great way to heal the pain and I have cried enough over SMC.

For the record, I have been reconciled with my friend as I refuse to lose a good friendship to SMC. She may or may not come around to our way of thinking but it is a free world, something SMC don't seem to realise.

With love,

Happy Survivor

Date: September 28, 2013 04:52AM

When I came before my God this evening I came to the realisation that I was wrong to poke fun at Alison Speirs and Grace Gault. Ultimately this achieves nothing. It brings me and this forum into disrepute and it takes away from the truth and validity of what we are recounting of our experiences in SMC.

I wish to apologise to all those who contribute to this forum who have suffered in SMC. I have allowed myself to be deceived into thinking I was accomplishing something when in fact all I have been doing is harming myself and our cause.

I cannot allow anything to harm my relationship with God and He desires us to be blameless before Him.

I am happy to allow Him to deal with the leaders of SMC and all those who are involved with this movement.

I am no longer going to fight battles that are not mine to fight.

My interest in this forum is proving a snare to me and I have taken the decision to withdraw from it and not even to read it again.

I know that most of you are able to contribute and still keep your hearts right with God. Sadly, I seem unable to do that.

I wish you all God's blessing.

Happy Survivor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.