Potters house
Posted by: Ickle_vicki ()
Date: July 31, 2005 04:57AM

I went once to potters house just to see what it was like. Somethings at 1st struck me as very strange like saying theres only one way to heaven and that is via jesus. Then was about id just went to see and they said u should do morning prayer and the service was all about repenting sins to be honest it seemed very odd to back up my suspisions I went online and found out its on the fringe of a cult. I have 3 friends already in there for about 3 months can anyone say how dangerous this could be for them and any way i can try and get them to leave. Just to say I would stay well away from the potters house it doesnt teach the real bible since I have a multi faith family and they all thought it was odd their teachings can anyone help me please?

Options: ReplyQuote
Potters house
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 30, 2005 07:23PM

There are two churches called "Pottter's House" that I know of.

1. Is a well known church in Texas headed by T.D. Jakes that seems to cause no serious problems and/or generate complaints.

2. "Potter's House" is also a name used by Christian Fellowship Churches founded by Wayman Mitchell. This organization has a very troubled history of complaints, bad press and church splits.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Potters house
Posted by: naboth675 ()
Date: September 02, 2006 12:38AM

That church sounds very like the preaching of the Potters House I know. To be honest you are going to find many groups who are very defined and direct about what they believe. Thatdoesn't in and of themselves make them a cult. This Potters House however has a long history of bullying, coercion and manipulative practices. One of the most frightening aspects of it is that you can be in there and be convinced you are in control of your own mind but you are not. It took me a long time to come to terms with it's effects.

If your friends are in that particular Potters House whose organisational name is C.F.M {CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP MINISTRIES} which is headed by Wayman Mitchell then the sooner they get out the better. The longer they are in, the harder it is generally to get them out again.

There are amny good sites which document this cultic group and I've found plenty of info on these message boards. If you can legitimately do anything to get those people out of that group then do it. You may be sparing someone years of hurt, confusion and pain.

regards...naboth675

[www.habakkuk2-4.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.