Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Watchout Australia!!!
Posted by: Galakiah ()
Date: March 10, 2003 10:06PM

For those that may not be aware, there are several extremely dangerous groups promoting themselves to be 'the only way' into the kingdom of God.

They are as follows:

The Revival Fellowship
Revival Centres International
Geelong Revival Centres
Christian Assemblies International.

They all splintered from one man, Lloyd Longfield and the Revival Centres International are now run by his son.

Common characteristics to all groups include but not limited to:-
Extremely bigoted attitude towards other christian groups, even to eachother
Promoting a 'one way' doctrine to heaven
Promoting a 'tounges only' salvation
Promoting racism through British Israel
Promoting Legalism through a huge list of rules
Claiming that all their teachings are Bible Based and that any other christian group is in apostate, including the other groups mentioned
Strong anti-catholic message
Bizzare Paranoid conspiracy theorys about persecution and doomsday prohpecies that are not based in truth
No official training allowed for Pastors or Members
Members are not allowed to fellowship with anyone outside of group unless potential recruit
Members aren't allowed to marry outside of group
Members must live with other members
Spying is encouraged and people must report everything to oversite
Any comments against oversite is labelled 'divisive' and people are disfellowshipped
There have been allegations of sexual abuse and misuse of tithes, Cult leader bought a huge mansion in Melbourne, another from the Revival Fellowship recently bought a very expensive beachfront house in Narabeen (Sydney) despite not working for past 7 years.
Members are strongly urged to cut contact with friends and family
Members are told they are 'not safe' outside the group
Members are strictly forbidden studying the scriptures outside the group
Members are forbidden to discuss the bible without a pastor present
Members are strongly urged to give 10% or more of their income
Members expected to dedicate an extreme amount of time to the group, ie Wednesday night house meeting, Friday night fellowship, Saturday activities and two meetings on a Sunday. Any member not attending all activities is questioned and either disfellowshiped or told to 'clean up their act'.
Ex members shunned by cult members.
Any problems a member has is encouraged to be 'overcome' by intense tounges session and 'guidance' from the Pastor.
Oversite claim to be without sin
Oversite claim to be 'led by the Lord' when making decisions about doctrine or any decision for that matter.
Members are told to blindly 'obey them that have the rule over you' and obey oversite, no matter what the personal consequences.
Members must divorce if their spouse becomes an ex member
High pressure 'Black and white' view
Extreme high pressure witnessing
Zero tolerance for fornicators (Revival Centres International) - fornicators are O-U-T for good 'post spirit filled'
Members must move where there is an 'assembly'
Members not allowed in pubs, even if not drinking
Drinking is not allowed

The list goes on.

Some ex members have committed suicide, and nearly all ex members feel severely lost, depressed, daised, like they've 'left the Lord' (leaving the group is in their eyes 'blasphemy of the Holy Ghost' speaking against the group is 'blashpemy of the Holy Ghost') many refuse to fellowship in other churches, many have nightmares about nuclear devastation. Members are kept in the dark over all financial issues, no-one is accountable for tithes etc.

There is a good website explaining the horrible abuse that goes on in this place, it would be good if anyone could spread the word as I personally have suffered tremendous anguish at the hands of two of the above organisations.

Click here to view more of the devastation caused by these groups that claim to be the only true church since pentecost.

PLEASE be aware of these people, they are extremely 'nice' and most members are genuine, yet it is an awfully destructive group to be involved in. If you are thinking of becoming a christian, or interested in pentecost, I suggest something a little less fringe dwelling and a little more mainstream.

Thankyou.

Options: ReplyQuote
Watchout Australia!!!
Posted by: xcfcmi2003 ()
Date: June 05, 2005 11:40PM

RCI and CFCMI have very striking similarities in their leadership styles, abuse, controlling methods, and double standards. The major difference is that Lloyd R. Davis, CFCMI's founder, was a homosexual and a pedophile; Lloyd R. Longfield was simply a control freak.

Davis went to prison.
Longfield, to my knowledge, has no criminal record.

Both spoke negatively about former members.

Both demanded total loyalty.

Both placed strict restrictions on dating.

Davis forced men to remain single.
Longfield simply made it difficult for either sex to date and marry.

Both have splinter groups which retain much of the original group's teachings.

Both speak negatively even of other Pentecostal ministries.

Both practiced communal living - Davis especially forced it on the single men.

Watchout Australia!!!
Posted by: anne-marie ()
Date: January 12, 2006 02:48PM

hey,
don't know where you got all your info from or when you got it for that matter. It would appear that a few things have changed since your last interaction with the Revival Fellowship in particular. I would just like to offer some clarification regarding a few of the things you said.

Spying is in no way encouraged in the church, members are not forbidden to study scriptures outside the group, that kind of behaviour is in fact encouraged. Members are also quite entitled to discuss the bible without a pastor present. Meetings are not compulsary, should you choose not to attend you are not questioned in any way. Oversite certainly do not claim to be without sin. Members are not required to divorce if their spouse decides to leave the fellowship. Racism is not encouraged in any way. I have never felt under pressure to witness to any one. Members are in no way obligated to move to a town where there is an assembly, i have several friends who continue to fellowship despite living in remote assebly-less areas.

hope you get your facts a bit straighter next time :)

Watchout Australia!!!
Posted by: belle1 ()
Date: January 12, 2006 04:23PM

Since you seem to have such a plethora of information on the running of this group, I'm sure you won't mind supporting your claims and telling us exactly where thesze groups operate in Australia. :?:

Watchout Australia!!!
Posted by: anne-marie ()
Date: January 12, 2006 08:09PM

not sure exactly what you're after, but if your just after locations of the revival fellowships they're in operation all over australia. There is an assembly in every capital city as well as heaps of smaller cities too... armidale, lismore, gosford, port macquarie, coffs harbour, gold coast, toowoomba, townsville, rockhampton, bundaburg... plus heaps more...

Watchout Australia!!!
Posted by: New Life ()
Date: February 01, 2006 10:30AM

Is there a lot of this in Australia? I know many of the young earth creationists coming out of there are going around accusing everyone who doesn't agree with their exact interpretations as heretics (science and everyone/everything else be damned basically). I don't really understand why they would do this as the discussion is not even a salvation issue.

Watchout Australia!!!
Posted by: ohmygosh ()
Date: February 08, 2006 07:51AM

All of this sounds very pentecostal

for the folks in Australia, I can give you something to consider regarding the growth of this movement in the US.

1. 50 years ago, this "spirit worship" style was mainly confined to tent meetings.

2. Today, they have "annointed" the President of the United States.
3. The President of the United States has set them up with their very own Congress, see ApostolicCongress.org

4. (Just guess work here,, but I think our President is hearing little voices)

5. It is becoming the concensus of opinion that Bro. George has lost his mind.

6. So, to my friends down under,,, take a good look at the US
(mostly insane here, terrible crimes, natural disasters, in short - all hell breaking loose)

7. I think this is the end result of men like those mentioned,, raising up false gods unto themselves. Strictly forbidden by Commandments numbers 1, 2 and 3

Watchout Australia!!!
Posted by: Anchorman 88-95 ()
Date: December 21, 2006 05:44PM

hey people,
I was in the cult and can tell you that some statements are wrong but others are missing. What abt. details of the sexual gay abuses from the cult leader(s)? Heard many had have experiences like this ... (see [www.aimoo.com])

Some comments to Anne-Marie
"Spying is in no way encouraged in the church" ... yes, Anne-Marie you are not deep enought in this sect - in is encouraged to spy ...

"members are not forbidden to study scriptures outside the group, that kind of behaviour is in fact encouraged." ... WRONG! Clearly that this was and is more or less forbidden, but depends on the situation. You are not allowed to a bible-school w/o agreements of the "highest".

"Meetings are not compulsary, should you choose not to attend you are not questioned in any way." - Absolutely untrue! They are forced to be in a meeting or "cut-off" - this is rubbish, Anne-Marie (I know you!).

"Oversite certainly do not claim to be without sin." ... The Overseer do not show real fruit of repentence for the sexual abuses he confirmed since the time of Ken.

"Racism is not encouraged in any way." ... Really in "any way"? Sorry you forgot the rubbish of "British-Israel" - this is a kind of racism even if they do not kill the others. Racism have not be radical to be racism!

"Members are in no way obligated to move to a town where there is an assembly, i have several friends who continue to fellowship despite living in remote assebly-less areas." ... Well, true and untrue. There are lot of examples of people have to move or others have even been forced to move (due to bad fruit and such rubbish).

So, Anne-Marie, leave the cult asap before it will be destroyed! The end is very near! Think abt. what you buy because of Y2K. PHQ could be the fortres against the outside. Hope you will not be in the inside.

Anchorman 88-95

Watchout Australia!!!
Posted by: kemo1321 ()
Date: December 28, 2006 11:42PM

Hello,

I would like to aggree with Anchorman 88-95, All the Rivival Movements are the way that have been perceived. When me and my family left the Revival Fellowship 10 years ago, i was 8 years old. I could not see what was happening, and i remember crying, because i was leaving all my friends. But growing up hearing from my parents and friends who are ex-rever, i have seen how much of a cult it was.

My dad grew up in the Revival Fellowship his whole life, first in Warrnambool, Australia, and my mum moved over from New Zealand to Adelade, and met my dad as his family had moved there, and they married in the church.
Not too long after that the RF were planting a church in the last major city in NZ, Christchurch. (My brothers and I were all born in christchurch)

Then 8 years later we were in Auckland, but my parents started to feel burnt out. So secretly my Dad started searching for new churches in the mornings and night times, because services at the RF were in the afternoon.

When we had finally found a church, my parents told the elders that we were leaving. 3 hours later my dads family in Adelade were pulled out of a RF meeting, and were told that we had left the Lord.

While being in the Revival Fellowship, i remember i could hardly ever stay the night at other friends houses, even though my parents were a lot less strict that most of my firends parents in the RF. I remember woman couldnt do anything in the church except for count the tithe and poor the communion. You couldnt raise your hands in worship to God.

We Never took a Sunday off from church. Even if we were on Holiday somewhere in NZ or Australia, we would plan that our destination had an assembily there so we could attend.

When we lived in Te Puke, before we moved to Auckland. There was no RF there, so we would travel 20 minutes or so to the next town, Tauraunga to go to church there.

We never had Christmas with our "unsaved family". We were always at Christmas camp, and Easter camp.

And as i was only 8 when we left, i cant remember all of the stuff that happened. But my Dad certainly does, 3/4 of his life in it.

So anyone who is in the Revival Fellowship, or even the Revival Centres International, Geelong Revival Centres or the
Christian Assemblies International. I would hope and pray that you see that it is a cult, you are not turning your back on God for leaving. And trust me, all my dads family except for one sister has left the Revival Fellowship, and we have made closer relationships that we did when we still in there. Mainly because we were controled and our every move was watched.

When you finally leave, Find a great church, that doesnt have legalistic rules.

I would be happy to talk to anyone, so feel free to leave me a message

God Bless

Kemo

Watchout Australia!!!
Posted by: Liverpool Writer ()
Date: March 06, 2007 06:31AM

I once had some dealings with a church in Liverpool, England, called the Revival Centre. I think it was Everton Revival Centre. Their main teaching was that speaking in tongues was the only proof of being truly born again (their prooftext was John 3:3). Wonder if this was the same organisation?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.