Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: firefly ()
Date: March 22, 2007 07:08AM

To make an official complaint to the charity commission which will spark off an investigation we would have to prove a few things, from memory they include:
:arrow: Details of previous contact with the organisation to try and address your concerns.
:arrow: Proof that it is harmful to the community
:arrow: Proof that it doesn't do what it declares it should be doing.

There are more but they are the ones i can recall. I'm sure the fact that 4 out of 5 of the trustees are married couples and live in the same house won't shed a favourable light on them. Also making up minutes of fictional meetings will be an interesting one for them to explain to the charity commission.

This is the page that tells you about making complaints. There is also a link there to a publication which goes into more detail about making complaints which is also worth a read.

[tinyurl.com]

If anyone is thinking of doing this- don't do it lightly. Write your complaint well- keep it relevant and read the page on the commissions site carefully and follow their guidlines; hopefully it'll help them take us seriously.

Welcome to the board dragonflyer- whats your story?
Han

Please use Tinyurl if you are going to post a link like this one with 313 characters. I've edited the one you put up. --Moderator[/color:b893725612]

Posted by: dragonflyer ()
Date: March 22, 2007 09:43AM

Hi firefly,nice of you to welcome me.You do know me,i was talkin to ur folks the other night.They must be proud of you,made up you putting ur faith into practice,serving others etc,keep it up!Cant believe how you've grown up,thank God you've got good honest ,godly parents.You take care little firefly,keep shining.x

Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: March 22, 2007 12:55PM

A person who is spiritually fit does not require people to sign bits of paper.That is putting there reliance on man above God.
Also the scripture comes to mind
My sheep hear my voice and they follow me!
Jesus never got his disciples to sign contracts. Jesus worked on attraction rather rather than promotion. Jesus did not stoop to legalistic pharisiac methods.

Posted by: John W ()
Date: March 23, 2007 04:06AM

CC47 - Complaints about Charities
What complaints will the Commission take up?[/color:89494072c5][/size:89494072c5]

6. “… serious risk of significant harm or abuse to the charity, its assets, beneficiaries or reputation; …” we could apply this any person from the fellowship as we are all ex ‘beneficiaries’.

7. We will look to complainants to show good reason, backed with evidence, for concerns that they raise with the Commission. Except where it is clearly inappropriate to do so, we will expect complainants to have tried first to resolve their concern directly with the charity before involving the Commission.

9. Circumstances in which we would see serious risk of harm include those where there is evidence of the following:
One being “… risk of the charity being brought into serious disrepute”

:D This looks good. I hope people are thinking about making their statements - I know it would be a big step.

Date: March 23, 2007 05:07AM

Hi Dragon! I wonder if I know you lolol. Welcome to an audience with Kirkby Christian Fellowship! The only place were ex-members are allowed to voice honest opinions without the censorship of Cruella Doyle. I hope you find it the liberating and healing experience that I have found it to be.
Well done John I am proud of you! Looks like they have brought their charitable status into disrepute. I remember when I was in this church Cheryl always had opinions about all the different ministers in Liverpool. It was always so and so was not right with God and this praise leader was in sexual sin etc etc. When I went out into the big world and met these people it turned out to be a load of gossip. So our great spiritual Mrs Doyle listens to gossip then spreads it around poisoning peoples minds. Correct me if I am wrong isnt that called slander?
I would invite your comments on this?
Or perhaps Cheryl would like to come on here and explain it herself!

Date: March 23, 2007 03:49PM

Yo Folks.. thought this site may be useful to you, recovering form an abusive cul.. www.culthelp.info/

Date: March 23, 2007 03:52PM

goldfish living in a bowl that is painted black on the outside will never know it lives in a bowl unless someone takes it out and shows it the rest of the world. Mindsets can be like that - locked into a `thinking box', unable to see outside because the web of beliefs is so all-encompassing.

To you get the message?

Posted by: yetigoosemonster ()
Date: March 24, 2007 03:41AM

Wow ! The reality of facing the aftermath of being amember in this church is so hard. I feel sorry for people who have been in this place for 20 years plus. They knowthey are held in spiritual bondage. So many of you are terrified what you would use to fill the gap that leaving this church would leave in your lives .That is part of the deception that KCF breeds. You are bound with chains of fear nd hopelessness. You have also been led to believe that all other Churches/Christians are second rate and not as Super Spiritual as KCF. I believed all this !I too was guilty of that subtle form of spiritual pride too. It takes a calling of God and courageousness to escape the grips of this church. Know that you are no longer aloneand others have trodden the path down before you! Be brave and of good courage...
This is an interesting site....
[www.spiritualabuse.org]

Posted by: firefly ()
Date: March 24, 2007 06:31AM

Cheryl slags off most people she meets it seems- including her own congregation.
A few years ago she was teachin on a sunday and she said that she'd seen this person lookin well scruff an a general mess in town- like wearin stuff from a charity shop (im not dissin charity shops- it was jus what she said) and she said that lookin at her, u just knew she was a christian and then she drove past this woman and realised that she knew her and the woman was in fact a christian. So she preaches that we can't look a mess, and we have to shop in respectable shops like next and marks and spencer.
And a few years later there was this old lady who randomly came to meetings every now and again and i think she had a mental illness or something but on the night in question she was wearing this bright orange coat. This lady comes over to cheryl and karen and says a few things to them and they talk back to her, and then the minute her back is turned and shes out of ear shot they propa lay into her spoutin pure nastiness about her. And me an this other girl are well within earshot both lookin shocked, and they know that we're listenin an carry on.
There aren't many nice words that go round the fellowship....

Date: March 24, 2007 07:15AM

That is a spirit of criticism Han!
I always felt it the minute I walked in the door the atmosphere was always like icicles thats when I started getting panic attacks....
It felt like the school playground when I was a kid. If you didnt fit into Cheryls gang you were on the outside. The leaders would all sit there staring at you twisting their hair copying Cheryl. (except the men of course). The man clique would all hold their hands over the mouth staring at you trying to hide the fact (badly) that they were praying in tongues and trying to suss you out. The worst was in her teachings if you werent in her good books she would make a nasty statement about a certain sin then look at you. I have even been stopped from coming up for prayer cos she said I should have been healed last time and my faith wasnt strong enough... That is terrible abuse in my book as Jesus never turns anyone away......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.