Current Page: 61 of 95
re: br
Posted by: firefly ()
Date: March 14, 2008 06:48AM

Dear bopperev,
In reply to your little rant...
God isn't like us no, but some people are actually trying to be like Him- showin love to the broken and the hurting and the marginalised. Kirkby Christian Fellowship may label themselves Christians/Gods people but actually they just hurt people. Be very careful in where you make your distinctions, because contrary to our experiences of KCF there are people in churches who help people, who are genuine and (shock horror) who are actually decent, good people.
My Dad, David bein one of them- he's just trying to be like Jesus, and to be honest I think he does a damn decent job of it- yeah he's human and he makes mistakes an in no way is he super spiritual but he's just tryna love people. His post was merely trying to illustrate that God is love- despite the damage of KCF. We on this forum are all broken people- do you mean to say that those of us who still go to church can't be loving and kind? If so then I humbly disagree with you...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: Coolhermit ()
Date: April 14, 2008 02:46PM

I read through this thread with interest: Though not having been to KCF I have attended a Charismatic Fellowship in my home town and many of the features/experiences described here coincided with my own - the names are different, the events similar.

The classic moment for me was when they tried to cast out the 'demon of Error' from me (I did not believe in hellfire) and when that failed they cast me out.

Fortunately I had a long familiarity with controlling churches and their techniques and was not deleteriously affected by expulsion - I do miss some of the people though.

Re: re: br
Posted by: bopperev ()
Date: April 18, 2008 10:08AM

Dear Little girl,
It is very touching that you feel the need to defend your Daddy, However it would be advisable for you to go back and study your Bible on what it means to be "Christ Like". Jesus said he did not come for the people who consider themselves to be righteous. He came for the sinners ,the ones broken by their own sin and the misfortune of life. So in reply to what you said ,Yes God does call us as Christians to reach outside of our comfort zone of our little Church "Club". To stop thinking of ourselves and to take up our cross and follow him. That would involve doing what Jesus said , reaching out to the needy or "margialised" as you said. In case you arnt aware (and you dont seem to be!) That is the point of being a Christian. The Salavation Army being one notable example of such Christians doing such work as that. When was the last time you gave food to a homeless person and sat down and talked to them without pressurising them with the salvation message. But just caring because Jesus cares for people unconditionally and he wants us to do the same .To be unselfish and reach out in unconditional Love. God has chosen us to be his hands and his feet on this earth. If we do not reach out where is the love. For an example of a person who is living this real Christian Life I suggest you read some books by Jackie Pullinger and learn from a real Christian who lives by faith and faith alone.

Re: re: br
Date: April 19, 2008 04:42AM

Dear Bopperrev.
I’m not sure what it is I said in my last posting that has offended you.

I was just trying to encourage others who feel that God was the person that let them down, when it was people who done the damage.

Whatever type of Christian I am, hot cold, or lukewarm, I didn’t think other Christians could take offence at this. Why are you angry?

If you think I was patronising or condescending please accept my apologies. I was just trying to encourage.

12 months ago, if you had put your last 2 postings on, I would have been trying my level best to ‘smooth’ things over - for the sake of what I thought was the point of the thread, namely to publicise the real damage people suffered whilst in KCF, not to have a go at one another.

But that was then, this is now, I’ve moved on, The thread has I think done it’s job, so I don’t care about putting on a ‘united front‘.

If we stay in the same place, we will never get over the damage, we have to move on, for some it’s early days, for others like myself, it’s in the past. It doesn’t have a hold on me, it doesn’t distort my vision of the cross, it hasn’t, thank God, made me a bitter person, just someone who won’t get fooled again, as the song goes.

I hope, someday the people responsible for all this may say sorry for what they have done, and do you know, I will forgive them. If I know God can do this in me, why can’t I believe He can do this in KCF and turn their hearts? I am sure they look back over the years and wish they’d have done things differently. I’ve got to believe that they can change and that they are human and make mistakes. I am no longer going to believe they are without hope.

I don’t really know if I measure up to your description of what a Christian should be, probably not.

But I’m not worried, why should I be, wasn’t that the problem in KCF, you just couldn’t measure up to the mark? All I know is, if I try to please Him who matters and He knows my heart and the things I hold dear, then that’s the most I can hope.

My previous post was a sort of signing off note.

I thank everyone who has been on this site for or against it, we all have our say.

I hope everyone finds peace and happiness .

David

Posted by: rosebud ()
Date: May 05, 2008 05:46AM

Hi Coolhermit
It does make me mad that the kind of things suffered by everyone on this KCF forum is just repeated in other churches. I am glad you got out. David, peace and happiness are mine. This chance to have my say with other people, which I had never had before, was just the medicine I needed to heal the wound for good. I too thank everyone who has participated.
Much love to all
Trina xx

Posted by: I can see ()
Date: April 20, 2010 01:00AM

Even leaders at Kirkby christian fellowship know that things are dodgy there.KCF is NOT a proper Church.It is run by two loopy women.cheryl and karen are not real leaders but phonies.The church of God is not run on visions and nutty dreams that come from their own minds.Search the scriptures yourselves!!!.

Date: April 21, 2010 06:27AM

Well i can see that the posts on this board are still of interest.The thing is that it will be members of kcf that will be reading this,and know that there is bad stuff going on there.Many peoples eye are being opened to the false prophets doyle and mutch,indeed false teachers are they.Stay tuned.Would be nice to hear about your experiences.

Date: April 26, 2010 06:17AM

The cracks are begining to appear at kcf.The posts on this board are quite old i can see but none the less awful.Im glad some of the people have found peace,hopefully all of them.I am concerned for those people who still attend,and the dishonouring of the Lord put forward by these false teachers namely cheryl doyle ,karen mutch and the watts.How many more marriages and families are they going to meddle with?.Look up on the net signs of the cults,you'll be amazed.There are good churches around,check them out.Proper leaders are accountable to others and they are not affraid if their congregation going to other churches.kcf are affraid of others no matter what they tell you.kcf think that they have a higher calling than others.doyles visions and dreams come from her own mind for sure.mutch is just her little side kick ,doyles latest friend,think of all the people she has cast away.You'd be suprised how ordinary cheryl is.dont be duped by this very cunning bitter fraudster,she's a master manipulater.Dont tell me that you've never felt a check in your spirit that things are not always as she tells you.you must not be tossed about by this woman fertile imagination.

Date: May 10, 2010 02:40AM

dont follow cheryl the false teacher ,or karen mutch.dont let them mediate between you and God.ask about dave doyle.dont allow them to choose your friends or potential marriage partners.there maybe the person you are to marry at another church(gasp!!).follow Jesus Christ only,not their dreams and visions.cheryl and karen dont care for your souls,they crush and hurt His sheep.God has no favourites.cheryl is an old embittered woman,sucking life from the young.be careful about graham and mary watts,and the moss's too.more on them later.gotta go!!!!!!!!!

Date: May 24, 2010 07:21AM

the moss's shouldve been caring parents instead of turning their backs on their daughter,instead they chose the fellowship and cheryl to gain favour and position.the watts,sidelined and usurped of any clout by karen mutch,mainly because the watts have no personality.watch out for hazel smith the fellowship tale barer and gossip.well well whats happened to dave doyle? i always found him a pleasent bloke and gentle,a real liverpudlian.i do hope hes well.you must admit somethings wrong if he doesnt attend the fellowship after all those faithfull years at kcf.god bless you dave,you where always well liked.i urge you all to pray for him.theres always been a history of troubled marriages at kcf.marriage is a god ordained institution woe to those who take sides in a marriage or interfere.you are out of your depth.the deep sadness ive wittnessed at kcf,and lives that couldve been.your spouse comes before the fellowship everytime,i didnt say your spouse comes before god.alll the good works in the world mean nothing if your marriage isnt right before god.you men love your wives you women submit to your husbands,dont let anyone tell you otherwise.night,god bless.

Current Page: 61 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.