Current Page: 41 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: firefly ()
Date: April 26, 2007 06:42AM

Little yellow- how can u make a statement saying you hate all christians an then blame sum1 for 'attacking' you for it. It is not my veiw that you were at all attacked by the mods or by david, both were just trying to help you see something in a different way. Its almost too easy to go on the defensive on this site so sometimes you have to stand back a little and think things through, remembering that every1 on here has experienced similar pain in differing circumstances.
The fellowship, the abuse and the bitter pain of rejection are things we all have in common. And that is what i like to focus on- we all have different veiws on religion and thats ok i dont hate anyone for it and we can still pull together.

Chandler, welcome- i remember the feeling of dread as Sunday came up and i had to get up an go to sunday school and then stay up for the evening meeting. And then there was the after meetings, boy did you feel left out an 'un-holy' if you didnt go to them, and they didnt finish til about 12 like dragon said. When you 12 its really not a gud thing to do when you have school in the morning and homework to do. But heaven forbid you miss an evening meeting- that was a sin in itself!

I like that quote trina, its very apt- it shall be added to my mental quote bank ( i have a thing for quotes, slightly strange but i like em! :wink: )

Much love to ya
Firefly (i dont mind you calling me hannah or wotever i just like that psydonym!)
xx

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: April 26, 2007 07:25AM

Hey Yellow!!!
I can remember feeling that intensity of feelings you are feeling at one point. But thats not unusual if you check out RR on recovery the articles talk about the intensity of anger we feel when we have been spiritually abused. Especially if we havnt had a chance to talk about it to any one else involved. I find it difficult to call myself a christian these days thats because of my KCF days. I actually changed my faith to another denomination within the christian church many years ago after leaving KCF. That helped me feel like I had found a new spiritual identity. But today I believe that it is by attraction not promotion that people find a higher power . When you see kindness and love in someones eyes and you want what they have got. I realise today that there is good and bad in every person. I try to focus on the good. But I wasnt like that when I first left KCF. It was very hard for me as I had no one. No family , no friends (they were all in KCF and they chose to ignore me). Im wondering if you have had similar treatment? Lets face it we were all rubbished for leaving. So Yellow dont disappear you are welcome here.

Posted by: chandler ()
Date: April 26, 2007 10:18PM

Hi David in the light

Do you think the normal people at KCF feel trapped? Do they think that their is nothing else on the other side if they left?

Their is lot more to life than KCF. all those meetings it wouldnt surprise me if their was a meeting every day now.

When I left I felt a big load come off my back i felt FREE.

Does a preaching about Surrogate Parents ring a bell to anyone?

Over and out
:wink:

Date: April 27, 2007 12:56AM

Chandler wrote:
Do you think the normal people at KCF feel trapped? Do they think that their is nothing else on the other side if they left?

Hi Chandler.
I know for sure there are some folk at kcf who feel trapped. The tragedy, and it is a tragedy, is that some have invested so much of their time and effort into the place, that they can't look beyond the borders that is kcf. Do you remember when most of us thought that kcf was a spiritual place where only the best praise existed, and they were so free.
My God, how we can delude ourselves, people thought the earth flat until a search for knowledge and adventure taught us otherwise.
If only they would open their minds to see things in a different light they would see things differently. Its like walking around with one eye closed, half seeing, half blind. They never see the full picture.
When are they going to start asking questions? I'm talking about questioning themselves,

see you soon david

Date: April 27, 2007 02:47PM

Sorrogate Parents:
I heard of this scam after i'd left the fellowship.

Correct me if i'm wrong, It was announced in a youth group, not long after we left.Somethig like "if your parents don't belong to the fellowship, or they are not christian parents, we could arrange sorrogate parents for you" I think they tried to anticipate a a certain group of members leaving, so they thought it would be a good idea to offer their off-spring the chance to reject their natural parents and be joined to another set to totallty screw them up.

Its a typical cult activity, to control and manipulate people. I guess they even saw it as a way to 'black mail' the rejected parents into seeing things
'their way'. The terrifying thing is, they thought this was a good idea. To split families, ask yourself this; How many families have been reconciliated within
this fellowship? And then ask yourself; how many familes have been split by this fellowship?

No Matter how you dress yourselves up today, you will never escape the damage you have inflicted on peoples lives until you face up to what you have done.

[b:1106ca4785]We will not go away.

We will not be quiet.

We will continue to expose the lies that is kirkby christian fellowship.

We want justice.

Do you hear us?[/b:1106ca4785]

Posted by: firefly ()
Date: April 27, 2007 05:50PM

I remember there was a meeting for some of the youth and their parents once. I was too young to go as it was for people of a certain age, so I asked one of them what went on. Among the things they said to me, that Cheryl had asked the question to the parents 'if you backslid and left the fellowship would you still have your children come?' The answer of which was an expected, resounding 'yes' i suppose. But its like those parents who said that pledged their allegiance to the fellowship even if they left by still letting their kids go.
I think its also interesting that you cant just leave the fellowship and go to another church like normal people do all the time. No, you backslide, fall into sin and whatever else they like to say, and so even if you're still in a church and a christian, to them you are backslidden and there must be something wrong with you for not wanting to be in kcf.
That preaching about the surrogate parents was done just after we left- did you hear it for yourself Chandler? If so you might no me, Hannah Anderson (i was little with brown hair and really shy) As far as im aware it was preached in a house group? Simon, alison and rachels one?

Posted by: chandler ()
Date: April 27, 2007 06:25PM

firefly
I think its also interesting that you cant just leave the fellowship and go to another church like normal people do all the time. No, you backslide, fall into sin and whatever else they like to say, and so even if you're still in a church and a christian, to them you are backslidden and there must be something wrong with you for not wanting to be in kcf.

Its funny you should mention this, i was approached by a certain person not long after i had left. And asked wether i was going to another church i said yes. (I wasnt really)
I was then asked WHY[/size:0126453c47] i was going to this church.
I cant remember what i told this person but it was as if KCF was the only place to go their was no other church like it.

Its true what you said firefly it is as if you have backslidden.

The preaching about surrogate parents yes i did hear it for myself.

I do know you Hannah.

Over & out :D

Posted by: dragonflyer ()
Date: April 28, 2007 01:33AM

Yes,i too remember the surrugate parent scam ,i thought it was horrid when i heard about it,a real stomach churner.Yes its also true to say that kcf have destroyed some families.It makes me chringe when i see them trying to recruit children,they try to make things look attractive to young vunerable children,its such a pity that they did'nt look after the children that they had,or does'nt that matter anymore?

Posted by: yetigoosemonster ()
Date: April 28, 2007 05:16AM

Hi all !! :lol:
Do tell what is the surrogate parent thing? I missed that when I was at KCF.

Date: April 28, 2007 05:36AM

Yo Yeti!!
Look at page 27!!

Hi to all. I was going to mention only yesterday how this forum had now passed the 20,000 hits mark. Now its already over 21,000.
Just think of the people who are viewing this site. In the light of all that we have expressed;

What do you now want to say to them?....Have your say

Current Page: 41 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.