Current Page: 29 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: yetigoosemonster ()
Date: March 30, 2007 04:03AM

If you believe that Cheryls leaders where so brainwashed that they couldnt think for themselves. Its like saying Hitler was totally responsible for all war crimes, and that Himler was an innocent victim. Im not having that. People are accountable for their own actions. Breaking open secrets about abusers is part of recovery. Too much emphasis is put on slander and Gossip as I have said before this is one of KCFs main tools of abuse. I will not repress the truth anymore I have spent my whole life pleasing others .It is now too serious children have been destroyed , families separated I alone have had so much mental illness as a result of evil people in KCF not just Cheryl and Dave... Im just not having that and I agree with you Dragon you see through it too...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: March 30, 2007 03:09PM

Hi Dragon,
I remember Cheryls Holy Rolling experience that was when there was still Gods presence in the church. But I also remember being prayed for by Cheryl and she pushed me forward as she was praying for me so I was slain in the spirit on my face. She said it was Gods way of making me submit because I needed to surrender to him,I know she pushed me.Did anyone else have this happen to them. It ruined the experience for me....

Date: March 30, 2007 03:21PM

I also rmember after I had left I came back to visit and I walked in and they had Darlene Zchech up on the screen before the meeting. All of them sat there as if they were hypnotised worshiping her on the screen. They wouldnt talk they thought it was the spiritual thing to do cos Cheryl had authorised it. It was a bizarre form of idolatry and I instantly knew for the first time that it was a cult. Then in the praise time all the youngsters did this wafting motion around Cheryl all copying each other it was so cloney.Does anyone remember it? She thought she had revivalI thought she had serious Idolatry Cheryl worship going on. It was crazyness....

Posted by: John W ()
Date: March 30, 2007 04:18PM

Cheryls Holy Rolling experience always makes me :D . After one meeting she came over to me & said she had a dream of me rolling. The picture of that is far too mad.

I have said before here that I can't make up my mind if they belive what they say. It's the fact that if they don't what does that make them. If they do they are 'only' misguided.

John

Date: March 30, 2007 04:53PM

Hi John,
So you didnt subscribe to the Holy Rollers Club then :lol:
We are all misguided! We are human! Its not a sin to be misguided is it? Its learning from are mistakes and being flexible and teachable makes it acceptable. My life has been a mixture of many mistakes but if someone says to me I have hurt them . I will look at myself and attempt to make ammends. Im not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I am incredibaly flexible Ive had to be :lol:

Posted by: firefly ()
Date: March 30, 2007 07:07PM

Am i the only one who doesnt no what the heck this holy roller thing is?? I get the slain in the spirit bit- but i'm very wary of that now an i dont think i wud ever let myself be prayed for if ther wer people gettin slain in the spirit.
If any1 doesn't know what slain in the spirit is- it means that sum1 prays for u an u fall down on the floor.
There was immense pressure if u wer bein prayed for at the front to fall- which sorta took the focus of why u were up there in the first place...

Posted by: onlyme ()
Date: March 30, 2007 07:39PM

Hey peeps, how you all doing?

Thanks Broken for that website, I had a look through and found it very interesting.

I'm not sure I really understand what forgiveness is any more, I would hate for release to only come when someone 'forgives' you as this could mean a lot of peeps stuck through no choice of their own.

I remember hearing about the holy rolling, holy laughter, and all of that. The holy rolling (correct me if I'm wrong) was where Cheryl felt a touch from god and was rolling across the floor in a supernatural way. I think it happened on more than one occasion too?

I remember the pressure to fall when being slain in the spirit, and I remember a lot of people describing awful experiences when they fell. I don't remember coming to any conclusions about it. I can remember it happening and having what I felt at the time was a deep touch from god. I can also remember a lot of times feeling nothing. I can remember deciding not to fall unless I felt anything and not falling for quite some time. I can also remember the intense fear of going forward and being torn by wanting to be obedient to god and submit but also the pressure of being seen to be doing what is right. Plenty of wrestling took place inside. And as time went on this changed from the going forward for prayer, to the mass kneeling before god, to dancing 'in the spirit' to signing up for omre meetings or groups, or making promises before god for stuff.

Broken, you mentioned Hillsong - interestingly there is a thread on here about them [board.culteducation.com]

Dragon, I think I would hafta agree with you to a point, it was always a bad thing for [i:cd6d6284a5]certain people [/i:cd6d6284a5]to show anger, I remember some 'righteous anger' incidences that I never really understood. I think it would be fair to say that emotions as a whole were discouraged, but maybe this was a perception thing from my point of view, in that I just got good at hiding my emotions as I didn't want to 'react badly' to anything.[/url]

Posted by: John W ()
Date: March 30, 2007 08:34PM

brokenbycheryl
So you didnt subscribe to the Holy Rollers Club then :lol:

No - Can anyone see me doing that?
Only one person did do it & that for a mouth or two. It was another blink & you will miss it idea's.

Date: March 30, 2007 10:36PM

Hi OnlyMe,
I was terrified to show any expressions on my face in case Cheryl honed in on me and gave me a bad time...You have to learn to repress your personality to float there. I was like Trina I couldnt supress my personality. But when I left I didnt know who I was. I have heard Terry Waite talk of the disconnected feeling he felt after he came out of prison, it was very weird. Having to totally rebuild your life and then to deal with the spiritual waves they send out towards you (which is a vey real experience) to live through and not a very pleasant one....

Posted by: onlyme ()
Date: March 30, 2007 11:00PM

Hey Broken, I have felt very much since coming out that I'm having to get to know myself and find out who I am. While I was there I felt very much as if I wasn't myself, which was my choice, and I think I suppressed a lot of feelings and ideas and all kinds really to try and fit in. I don't know where the pressure to do this came from, and whether it was a pressure I put on myself or that it was the only way I felt I would be accepted or it was an external pressure. I may never know. So I can relate to what you're saying.

I can't even begin to imagine what some of the stuff you've been through was like for you. I'm so sorry for your experiences

Current Page: 29 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.