Current Page: 25 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: AJG ()
Date: March 27, 2007 02:28PM

My main concern is to make charities like KCF and many others more finanncially accountable. If the leadership feel they are above reproach then I can bet there are probably financial misdealings.

Currently the Charities Commission is pretty toothless; bascially no one is interested is cases like your because there are no votes in it. Sad fact.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rosebud ()
Date: March 27, 2007 09:36PM

Just contacted echo. If anyone else wants to get n touch with them please do. All you have to do is direct them to this website.
Thanks
Trina xxx

Posted by: firefly ()
Date: March 28, 2007 01:01AM

That doesn't mean we shouldn't try a complaint to the charity commission. At the end of the day it's only them who can remove the status so we have to try.

Posted by: AJG ()
Date: March 28, 2007 01:34AM

The Charities Commission would only be interested if you could prove (or have very good reason to suspect) that there are serious breaches of charities rules. Authoritarian behaviour by a leader, no matter offensive and hurtful, does not fit this category.

Further, it sounds to me that any people at this place (KCF) that have detailed knowledge and access to sensitive financial information are probably trusted by the leadership. They are unlikely to turn against them.

I was witness to one such situation here in my home town. I don't know how far the investigation got, but one of the people who was in a position to spill the beans chickened out and the investigation came to nothing.

Posted by: rosebud ()
Date: March 28, 2007 03:39AM

We should definatly try getting thier charity status removed. At the end of the day if we don't try we won't know.All we can do is tell them what we know and to get statements together and do our homework good.
AJG have you had dealings with the charity comission before?

Sunday school was scary when I was a young child but as I got older the more hilarious it was. I liked to pick holes in the bible and when we would split off into a group I would ask my leader awkward questions. It was a sport I liked.I was great friends with Lizzy Doyle, Spending time with her in Kennelwood was an eye opener. The things I saw. I can't go into more detail as it is Cheryl and Daves adopted childrens story. But you know all of them left her except Michael. And his reward for staying with her? Having to snog Karen Much.That Cheryl Doyle sure knows how to reward her kids for loyalty and service. Enough to put you off dating for life I would imagine.

I have heard rumours about Cheryl and Karen being lesbians(Karen would definatly be the butch and Cheryl the .....) and it would not surprise me. Nothing I here about them suprises me anymore. Even if someone posted on this website that Karen and Cheryl have naked orgies in Kennelwood Avenue, whilst Mary, Graeme and Dave sing songs from the beatles White Album backwards, it would not even shock me.
Sorry to leave you folks with this mental image.

Lots of Love Trina xxx

Posted by: firefly ()
Date: March 28, 2007 04:46AM

AJG- we have evidence of people trying to contact them with regards to their concerns and the fellowship blatently refusing to do anything.
We cud even get medical evidence from various counsellors who have spoken to people on this board, and possibly other avenues of proper evidence that i haven't considered. Its not just 'Authoritarian behaviour by a leader, no matter offensive and hurtful' as you say- it runs much deeper and they have caused serious damage to people, thus bringing charities into disrepute.

Posted by: John W ()
Date: March 28, 2007 04:56AM

AJG
The Charities Commission would only be interested if you could prove (or have very good reason to suspect) that there are serious breaches of charities rules. Authoritarian behaviour by a leader, no matter offensive and hurtful, does not fit this category. .

See p14 of this line for charitie rules which we are working to. Lets not cut it off before we have tryed it

Money - not think anyone has talked of that?

Posted by: dragonflyer ()
Date: March 28, 2007 05:29AM

Trina that comment about the singing songs from the beatles white album made me howl with laughter,i see they never took your sense of humour,go get'em girl.Mr dragon.

Posted by: onlyme ()
Date: March 28, 2007 05:56AM

Hey peeps, have you noticed we're over 11,000 views? Who keeps clicking refresh?!

I would say I'm not a christian any more. I believe in a god, a creative energy, and in the beauty of nature, but beyond that I can't bring myself to believe in god as a person, a character, a father or anything like that. If I still sound like a christian, I have a good memory for scriptures and the like, and maybe things are still too fresh to have unlearnt some of what I've learnt over a long period of time. So if I have offended anyone by how I've spoken then all I can do is say sorry. It's not intentional in any way.

Bruised I would say I find myself drawn to see what's happening with you peeps, and find some relief, and some clarity in talking through things on here, even if there's very little direct communication.

My experience of the press is that they will take a story and make of it what they want. I wouldn't trust them to report in a factual way at all, but I have no experience of the Echo.

I'm guessing I will get jumped on for saying this, but I find some of the ways people are talked about who are still in KCF very hard to take. I have no loyalty to KCF. I only know that I was once where they are, and if I'd seen something like what was written here, written about me, it would only strengthen my resolve that I was doing the right thing and the 'enemy' was using them people. Everyone has the right to air their views and opinions, and vent their anger, I understand that, and I am not trying in anyway to belittle anyone's experiences of abuse. I just feel that some of these people are as much victims as we once were. It is often said that abusers were often abused themselves, and I often think that people with such need for control and to put people down or treat them in a way as many of you have described, must have big problems themselves. Who do they have to turn to if they want to leave? Would you judge them based on your previous knowledge of them? What if I'd ignored you in the street before I left? Would you judge me?

I know the intention of this site is to expose the truth of what is and has happened at KCF and I think that is a very good and right purpose and I support that. I also believe and want to protect others so that what happened to me doesn't happen to others. I just have my doubts about how productive in the long term some of the things being said really are, particularly as the press are now involved.

Posted by: vassago ()
Date: March 28, 2007 06:14AM

as a man who has no connection with kcf it saddens me to read so many sad stories of abuse, mental torture, degradation and lies. i find it terrifying that such an organisation can continue to exist totally unnoticed by the local authorities. surely there is a better way to combat this, using slanderous terms and gossip will only make it seem in the long term that you're more twisted than they are and that you're simply out to cause as much trouble as possible. why don't you be more positive in your approach to this and make statements to the local police, invite reporters to interview the heirachy of this cult and basically force them out of their comfort zones and out of hiding. listening to rock music is not a sin. having relationships out of the cult is not a sin. having a life is not a sin. if it was the devils plan to have such things then every man woman and child on this planet would be condemned to hell bar that little group of seemingly self appointed prophets and their brain washed flock which in itself would make heaven (if such a place exists) a very lonely place.

Current Page: 25 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.