Current Page: 21 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: Littlevoice ()
Date: March 24, 2007 08:05AM

Hi,
Yes I know for sure that Cheryl loves gossip.. She has certain people who love gossip too .One of the prime suspects when I was there was Hazel, she so loves in her words "to get the goss". I was astounded when I visited her house and she was prying into my personal affairs. I heard the way she talked about others so I wouldnt trust her as far as I could throw her...She is just like Sybil Fawlty you hear the ooooooooooh from her on the phone and you know shes dishing the dirt. Some people have their own agendas why they are lots love the power they have over other people. Some just suck up to Cheryl so they can get into leadership. You will find those people in every worldy organisation .Some dont care who they tread on to get there. Then there are the little vulnerable people who dont quite fit in , they suffer in silence cos they are broken. God is calling all of this church to account for what they have seen and heard. I like what one of you said way back...
Evil prevails because good men /woman see it and do nothing...
Dont be one of those people because you know the truth ...dont hide from it any more

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: yetigoosemonster ()
Date: March 24, 2007 12:01PM

Thing is I can remember the leaders slagging Cheryl off in my earshot. Does she not realise people have sussed her out years ago..But still theses people stay...Whatis all that about. I reckon we all turn up to one of their meetings lolol

Posted by: yetigoosemonster ()
Date: March 24, 2007 12:11PM

I reckon Cheryl lost her marbles ages ago, all those miscariages couldnt have helped. I do genuinely feel sorry for what happened to her. But when it comes to messing up the heads of our children thats were the sympathy has to stop. Mary Watts running the Sunday School an ex-teacher should know better.If my child had endured the systematic spiritual abuse that I heard occured it would definately been a court of law and claim for compensation. Where any you members of the Sunday School????
Do tell your stories....

Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: March 24, 2007 12:24PM

Jesus was not "image conscious." He was willing to associate with wine drinkers, cheating tax collectors and even prostitutes. He accused the legalistic Pharisees of "teaching for doctrine the commandments of men" (Matthew 15:9) and likened their showy, hypocritical outward rightousness to "whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness" (Matthew 23:27).

Neither was He paranoid. His ministry was conspicuously open to the public. When He was on trial (John 18) He was asked about His teachings and His reply was, "Why askest thou me?" Jesus pointed out that He always taught in public, and never in secret, so why not ask His disciples. He had nothing to hide.

Jesus did not fear to criticize the religious leaders or their faulty doctrines (e.g. Matthew 15:1-9; 23:1-39, etc.). And when confronted with criticism or with treacherous questions designed to discredit Him, His response was never to simply demand silence or only positive recognition from His accusers. Rather, He gave answers - scriptural and reasonable answers - to their objections (e.g. Luke 7:36-47; Matthew 19:3-9).

Date: March 24, 2007 12:36PM

Spiritual abuse has a devastating effect on people. A very high level of trust is often placed in spiritual leaders. It is, and ought to be, expected that the trust will be honored and guarded. When such trust is violated the wound is very deep. Sometimes the wound is so deep that the wounded person cannot trust even a legitimate spiritual authority again.

An analogous situation exists with the victims of incest. The emotional and psychological symptoms exhibited by victims of incest parallel those of spiritual abuse to a remarkable degree. The main symptom is the inability to relate normally to people who represent the source of their emotional injury.

Besides an unhealthy fear of, and disillusionment with, spiritual authorities, the spiritually abused person may find it difficult to trust even God. "How could (or why did) He let this happen to me?" Anger is also deeply felt. Anger itself is not always wrong - God Himself expresses anger at such spiritual abuse (see Biblical Response, above). However, even legitimate anger, if not properly channeled and dealt with, can degenerate into bitterness and cynicism toward everything spiritual.

Thats why I think this forum is helpful as it is a helpful way of dealing with that anger. Anger is a right emotion to feel under the circumstances we have been through. If I dont express my anger it turns inwards and becomes depression. But dealing with it in a good and honest way on this site is helpful. A i have shared above Jesus was not afraid to confront dodgy leaders of his day so dont you be afraid to...

Date: March 24, 2007 12:49PM

The most distinctive characteristic of a spiritually abusive religious system, or leader, is the over-emphasis on authority. Because a group claims to have been established by God Himself the leaders in this system claim the right to command their followers.

This authority supposedly comes from the position they occupy. In Matthew 23:1-2 Jesus said the Scribes and Pharisees "sit in Moses' seat," a position of spiritual authority. Many names are used but in the abusive system this is a position of power, not moral authority. The assumption is that God operates among His people through a hierarchy, or "chain of command." In this abusive system unconditional submission is often called a "covering," or "umbrella of protection" which will provide some spiritual blessing to those who fully submit. Followers may be told that God will bless their submission even if the leadship is wrong. It is not their place to judge or correct the leadership - God will see to that.

Have we not all heard the covering mentioned in KCF the spiritual umbrella.If you do not submit you wont be included under the covering?
Any comments to this gratefully accepted!

Date: March 24, 2007 12:53PM

The abusive religious system is scrupulous to maintain an image of righteousness. The organization's history is often misrepresented in the effort to demonstrate the organization's special relationship to God. The mistaken judgements and character flaws of its leaders are denied or covered up in order to validate their authority. Impossibly high legalistic standards of thought and behavior may be imposed on the members. Their failure to live up to these standards is a constant reminder of the follower's inferiority to his leaders, and the necessity of submission to them. Abusive religion is, at heart, legalism.
Sound Familiar ?
Abusive religion is also paranoid. Because the truth about the abusive religious system would be quickly rejected if recognized, outsiders are shown only a positive image of the group. This is rationalized by assuming that the religion would not be understood by "worldly" people; therefore they have no right to know. This attitude leads to members being secretive about some doctrines and the inner policies and proceedures of the group. Leaders, especially, will keep secrets from their members. This secrecy is rooted in a basic distrust of others because the belief system is false and can not stand scrutiny.

Does this sound relevant to our experiences?

Date: March 24, 2007 12:57PM

Because the religious system is not based on the truth it cannot allow questions, dissent, or open discussions about issues. The person who dissents becomes the problem rather than the issue he raised. The truth about any issue is settled and handed down from the top of the hierarchy. Questioning anything is considered a challenge to authority. Thinking for oneself is suppressed by pointing out that it leads to doubts. This is portrayed as unbelief in God and His anointed leaders. Thus the follower controls his own thoughts by fear of doubting God.

What has happened to members of KCF if they have asked questions?
How many of you are terrified to ask questions for fear that you maybe rocking the boat and fear of fears !!!!!Get into Cheryls bad books?

Date: March 24, 2007 12:59PM

A most natural assumption is that a person does not get something for nothing. Apart from the express declarations of salvation by grace through faith God has given in the scriptures, it would be natural to think that one must earn salvation, or at least work to keep it. Thus, in abusive religions all blessings come through performance of spiritual requirements. Failure is strongly condemned so there is only one alternative, perfection. So long as he thinks he is succeeding in his observation of the rules, the follower typically exhibits pride, elitism, and arrogance. However, when reality and failure eventually set in, the result is the person experiences spiritual burnout, or even shipwreck of his faith. Those who fail in their efforts are labeled as apostates, weak, or some other such term so that they can be discarded by the system.

Ring any bells with anybody?

Date: March 24, 2007 01:02PM

Abusive religions must distinguish themselves from all other religions so they can claim to be distinctive and therefore special to God. This is usually done by majoring on minor issues such as prophecy, carrying biblical law to extremes, or using strange methods of biblical interpretation. The imbalanced spiritual hobby-horse thus produced represents unique knowledge or practices which seem to validate the group's claim to special status with God.

KCF has always claimed it was distictive and special to God?
Any comments?

Current Page: 21 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.