Current Page: 18 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Date: March 19, 2007 11:12PM

I think we sometimes get confused or misunderstood. People may not know what 'defines' a cult have a look at the check list on this website[www.geocities.com] see what you think.

some people deny today that men landed on the moon, some even deny the holocaust ever happened.

What are you in denial about?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Liverpool Writer ()
Date: March 20, 2007 12:28AM

Try this link instead. (Typo in the above post!)

Date: March 20, 2007 04:02AM

Onlyme.. thankyou so much far your time in doing this. i very much appreciate it, its nice to hear from you. On the knitted relationships, I left the 'fellowship' about 6-8 after this all started. It all started with one 'relationship' yes you've guessed it, cheryl doyle and a younger female. She used the Johnathan/David relationship.

This was indeed a special relationship, Johnathan gave up his kingship for David, because he knew David's life was anointed by God. “Then said Jonathan unto David, Whatsoever thy soul desireth, I will even do it for thee.”
Johnathan sacrificed his right to follow after his father Saul, because he knew David would one day lead Israel. If we read the whole story, David And Johnathan spend very little time together. Indeed Johnathan died on the battlefield at his fathers side. Thus one very special relationship in God is corrupted into what is in the fellowship. I totally agree with brusiedbc, Today this type of relationship should by for man and wife, we can all have very good close friends, but our soul mate should be our spouse. Obviously if we're not married or have an unsaved partner you can't share that relationship, but God can be our best friend or confidant. Sometimes we can't have it all.
So you get this totally wacky knitted partners, and guess what? No man or wife was ever paired together!! Bu the way you never got say a 'leader' with one of the 'lowly' just as Johnathon and David (Royalty/shepherd) on no, thankfully they weren't that special.

Bob Shone an American minister from Christ For The Nations, visited them not long after these 'relationships' took off. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. He started his word with this, although I'm quoting from memory. ' first God, then you family, and then your ministry' He then asked how many married couples were there. I think he said to a couple 'are you man and wife' because they put their hands up. They replied no, nonplussed he asked we're you partner blah blah blah. It turns out no one is sitting with their spouse. Bob Shone then i imagine made them squirm, he told them they were a 'weird' or strange' bunch He didn't mince his words. How do I know this, I got a copy of the tape given to me by an inside contact.

If it wasn't so serious, it would be a huge joke, but it isn't. Many people, including folk on this site, have been damaged because of it.

Posted by: Liverpool Writer ()
Date: March 20, 2007 04:18AM

I know I said I won't be back, but I just wanted to post some info relevant to what is being discussed (probably already known to you peeps like!)

Hi, onlyme, glad to see you back. Hope you're doing okay.

As with any dangerous teaching, there are always a few nuggets of scriptures they can hang their teachings on. But the Bible texts are always just a pretext - a convenient excuse to read in all kinds of their own crazy notions. I'm sure you'll know, as anyone who was in the fellowship will, the real source of the teachings at KCF is the visions, dreams, prophecies and wild imaginings of Cheryl Doyle.

Posted by: onlyme ()
Date: March 20, 2007 05:49AM

Hey peeps, I just spent ages writing a reply, and then when I tried to send it I lost it. D'oh!

Thanks David and Liverpool Writer. I'm doing ok. It's not been the easiest of weeks, but that's another story!

Thanks for the link David, I found it quite interesting reading. One of the things I have struggled with in leaving KCF, is whether my own feelings of low self esteem and feeling I should do this or that (when I was there), or the feelings of guilt and fear, where my own reactions to something that wasn't intended. I don't remember who I was before I came to KCF, but during my time there, there was a lot of talk about 'the old' and 'the new' and that in 'the new' there wasn't the control that was recognised prior to this, but I still felt controlled in 'the new'. Was that my own conditioned response and reaction? One thing I really regret is never challenging this while I was there, but I never challenged anything.

I found it interesting on the site where it says, 'Abusive churches tend to have incidents of sexual misconduct more often than most conventonal churches; leaders sometimes exhibit an obsessive interest in matters relating to sex.' particularly after some of what has been shared on this site.

I also found particularly that I could relate to where it says, 'Emphasizing obedience and submission to leaders, these churches often require a level of service that is overwhelming to members, resulting in emotional turmoil and spiritual breakdowns.' One of the scriptures that came to me over and over again near the end of my time at the fellowship was this: "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me- watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." (Matthew 11:28-30, The Message Bible)

I truly am burnt out on religion. I can honestly say I feel like I am recovering my life though. There's a person inside me that I never knew, and I am coming to know more and more. I was always too scared to be this person because I really did believe this person was bad.

Thanks for your heartfelt sharing Bruised, please don't apologise for long posts, you have as much right to share as much or as little as you want on here as anyone else.

Posted by: bruisednotbroken ()
Date: March 20, 2007 06:12AM

I do remember the visit of the team from the USA....I did wonder if they left the fellowship with a true picture of how crazy the teachings were!

At the time of their visit I remember it was in the midst of teachings about the knitted relationships and also the "wedding gown" scenario (from one of Cheryl's dreams). There were a lot of quizzical looks and some odd remarks from the visiting team relating to all of this. I found it all very confusing and embarrassing.

You know, to read the comments about all of this is really helping me to come to terms with it all. I wasn't mis-reading what was happening in the services/teaching....it was all very crazy! You see, since leaving the fellowship there was still a small part of me that tried very hard to think "good" of my experiences in KCF.....maybe even in some ways think it wasn't as crazy as I was making it out to have been!!!!!! Wow, am I pleased we are back in contact with one another....thank you for your replies and comments.

Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: March 20, 2007 10:33AM

Hi Only Me!
It is good to hear from you again! Your imput is valuable on this site...
One of the things I have learned as I have toured around this country as a Minister is that the church is an amazing thing. It doesnt matter what denomination I visited one thing became very clear. God speaks to his church. And it is amazing to hear the voice of God speaking in different ways to different churches. But one thing remains the same. The Voice of God says the same things nationally to his church who he loves. I have been very comforted by that. It is important as Christians that we dont stay in a stagnant pond but get into the river with the rest of the church. Thats were unity is found. However if we keep hold of the reigns of the church and try to control it we stay as a stagnant pond with a few sick fish swimming around in the dark. The message of God to the nations for a long time has been to let go off the reigns of teh church. Or for Pastors to take your hands off the steering wheel. Let God do the steering. In other words let Go and let God. I am being brutally honest now this is why I was called a slanderer because I said these things to you Cheryl. Cheryl why do hide behind walls of leaders? Why do you not mix with other churches unless you can control them?Let Go and Let God Cheryl take your hands of the steering wheel and let people be free in God .
To me you seem like you are a very frightened person , terrifyed of losing control. Its as if you have a phobia to the outside world. Let Go and Let God and set his people free to move into the things he has for them. The one man/woman leadership thing is off the past God is doing a new thing in the church. He is causing every person to be valued and to be treated equally and to be free to do what God has called them to do......

Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: March 20, 2007 10:40AM

See you can not silence me now!
I will not be silenced anymore
God knows the truth ,God is opening KCFs ears to hear the truth
No amount of human control can defeat the move of God s Spirit
He has come to set the captives free.
No amount of prayer can hold back the tide of his spirit,
God is moving to liberate this church

Come Lord Jesus Come by your mighty Power and your oustretched arm
Come

Date: March 20, 2007 03:55PM

All the things spoken about here, wedding dress, crazy teachings etc, just bring back what it was really like in that place. It wasn't a nice place to be in, it seems so ridiculas now, but you just put up with it, thinking god must be here somewhere. Do you know we were all totally wary of following 'this map' having to get on 'board this train' 'climbing the next bit' blah blah blah blah. I hear they are still the same, its like they are in the willderness searching, but not finding.

I'm saying this bit directly to members of kcf. I've heard they want to start up a 'new' band of leadership, for 'prophetic' training, but before you can do this you have to sign a letter saying you agree with everything 'chez' and 'kak' say and do. For God's sake don't do it. Why do these people require this. don't they know their own flock.

Can't you see what is happening in this place. Its destroying your identity. break free and run.

Why hasn't anyhing come to pass in that place, with all this 'prophetic' signs. Tell me again what was the wedding dress a sign of? did it come to pass? was it quietly put away?

If i can ask a question directly to God, whay can't you ask the question, why doesn't anyone ask where is such and such now. why?

Posted by: firefly ()
Date: March 20, 2007 06:34PM

Onlyme- way to go finding their charity number, I searched but cudnt get it. To all those looking on the charity-commission site, its quite a confusing site to navigate (in my mind anyway) and you've gotta look how to make an official complaint. But along with that thers all sorts of other links to different parts of the rules, but bear with it and try an read it so you can understand what needs to be done.

Kirkby Christian Fellowship- or should I say Cheryl Doyle is a master at twisting scriptures to justify her actions. Look at the way she uses the scriptures about church discipline, and knit relationships. She's twisted it so she becomes god, she even thinks she can tell God what to do now (it's been said in a meeting that tells God the fellowship aren't ready for what he's apparently telling her, and he jus goes 'oh, ok- you know best').

Cheryl Doyle is a classic example of a wolf in sheeps clothing, a false prophet an probably a myriad of other things the bible tells us to watch out for. But beware 'Chez' your sins will find you out!

Matthew 18:6 But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to have a large millstone tied around your neck and be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Ave that!

Current Page: 18 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.