Date: March 16, 2022 08:18PM

KCF: Their main weapons are:- Chinese Whispers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: I can see ()
Date: May 02, 2022 06:53PM

Hi
Go on YouTube, and type in:
My upbringing in a UK cult...and how I escaped on James Hargreaves channel.
See if it doesn't bring back some memories.
Sorry I'm useless at technology so I cant just put the link up.
Obviously most will disregard the video but it most certainly could be kcf.
Thank you.

Posted by: Deprogrammed0110 ()
Date: August 11, 2022 04:31AM

Thank you Icansee
I watched it!
Here it is [youtu.be]

Date: August 25, 2022 03:35PM

Hi Deprogrammed
Glad you enjoyed the video certainly resonates doesn't it? There are many more videos about.
I dont post on here for the ones in darkness at kcf I know there are some sentient people there who are just caught up in this group and the general mindset but do question in their own hearts and quiet moments. Live YOUR life not the dictates of kcf.For the sold out followers at the fellowship I have nothing to say to you or have nothing for you.
Please research and THINK!

Posted by: Rachael7 ()
Date: September 28, 2022 03:34AM

Hi all, I've had similar experiences to you all but not at this church. I will never go back into a church again, I do wish I had other christian friends however I've never met a christian who wasn't deceived or fake. Do any of you all have any other christians or like me did you just become isolated from other christians. I was saved before entering a chruch so I was lucky in that way, it didn't take my faith away (just my sanity at the time but Jesus gives us a sound mind and the power to overcome the forces that wish to destroy us). I know this is an old thread but I was looking up ex pentecostals in Liverpool and this came up. No one knows unless you've been through it. Hope your all doing well

Posted by: Mixed Biscuits ()
Date: September 30, 2022 10:28PM

Sorry about your experiences. Most other Christians don't understand the way pentes do things; telling them about being slain in the spirit, speaking in tongues or spiritual warfare and you can make their eyes boggle. Do you think all pente churches fit the description of cults?

I don't keep in touch with any Christians any more. It was too hard. It was painful leaving the faith behind. It was hard looking some people in the eye when I knew they turned a blind eye to abuse. Some people I thought were friends crossed the street. Some were friends for a while and we lost touch through lack of effort - it happens I suppose. Some friends it got harder with because they judged my choices and were always looking for an angle to preach. There's a lot of lies about atheists and it got exhausting having to explain things all the time.

Loads of good communities out there though.

Date: October 30, 2022 05:22AM

Hi broken biscuits. Ah the barmy old days at kcf eh? I remember them well. I think there's an element of looney tunes in most churches especially of the pentecostal variety. All made up experiences of course.

Date: October 30, 2022 05:25AM

*mixed biscuits oops sorry.

Date: December 02, 2022 04:47PM

Hi everyone we are still hear sounding the alarm and waking people up. Hi G M T&C B A J. Read some of the old posts a while back the way they fellowship started to get involved with outsider's which was not the case a while back. And soon they will be putting on the vicar of dibley copied heaven sent to lure the unsuspecting public in, who are totally unaware at the moment of kcf history of abuse and cruelty. They kcf regulars not doubt putting on their costumes and fake smiles and faux compassion that at one time I and many others subject of till we weren't!
We are still hear,bullies! We are a bit older now and a lot wiser and we have a voice! If you would really put things right you would have made peace with man too! You were the perpetrators of abuse and the ones complicite won't escape. God's word is more powerful and final than the word of G&M C D T C and anyone
else. Our testimony is spreading and you will face your victims you are quite old now and could leave this world at any moment. Put things right and swallow your pride. Happy Christmas.

Posted by: Mixed Biscuits ()
Date: December 03, 2022 05:23PM

I can see
I think there's an element of looney tunes in most churches especially of the pentecostal variety.

I've been reading some of the reports about abuse in the churches recently, Link here, UK link here [trigger warning]. Reading "victims were frequently blamed as being responsible for their own sexual abuse;" is just awful. "the impact of child sexual abuse, often lifelong, is such that everyone should do all they can to protect children;" - this has not been done. Also a hard truth that "those who are religious believers find it difficult to contemplate that fellow members of a congregation or religious leaders could perpetrate abuse. This can lead to victims being belittled, ignored or blamed, which may in turn make disclosures of abuse less likely." (From the full report).

Different churches have different structures but they all pull from the same scripture. If we look at the Biblical guidance for handling abuse (mostly in the Pauline epistles) we see that its set up to help in the abuse.

• Obey authority. Women obey men; children obey adults; slaves obey masters, church members obey church elders. (Romans 13:1-5, Colossians 3:18-22, Ephesians 5:22-24, Ephesians 6:1-5, Hebrews 13:17, Proverbs 13:24.) When a revered man of God tells you to do something, you do it. When he explains why it's your fault, you accept it. If you tell your parents, they give you a Biblical beating for telling lies about a revered man of God.

• Don't go to court; resolve your disputes inside the church so that unbelievers won't see you fighting. (1 Corinthians 6:1-11) Based on this scripture, churches create internal investigation mechanisms which are almost always more concerned with protecting the reputation of the church and its leaders than with justice for past victims or prevention of future victimization. Victims are told that if they go to the press or to court, they'll be harming the mission of the church and thereby dooming innocent people to hell who would've otherwise been saved. This is a heavy burden for many victims who are believers, and is effective in keeping them silent and allowing abuse to continue.

• Forgive others; focus on your sins, not theirs, for we are all equally wretched before God. (Jesus' Sermon on the Mount comes into play here: Matthew 5:21-30, Matthew 6:12-15, Matthew 7:1-5, plus: John 8:7, Romans 3:9-23.) This is virtually always part of the script that abusive leaders and their supporters use to downplay the harm done to victims and to allow abusive leaders to remain in their positions. Victims are put under tremendous pressure to forgive and stay silent. If some rumor does make its way to the congregation, abusive leaders can get standing ovations from their congregations for tearfully confessing to vaguely-described sins and asking for forgiveness. Instead of focusing on the harm to victims, abusive leaders quickly pivot their congregations to the Biblical idea that we are all equal sinners in front of God. You should be thinking about the time you got mad and yelled at someone in traffic, since that's your sin. You should not be thinking about whatever it is that your leader is describing so vaguely, since that's his sin. Don't cast the first stone, fellow sinner. And don't ask too many questions.

• Sexual "impurity" is the main problem. (Romans 1:24-27, 1 Corinthians 6:18-20, 1 Corinthians 7:2, 1 Thessalonians 4:3, 1 Timothy 1:10, Hebrews 13:4, Ephesians 5:3, Galatians 5:16-19.) Another common tactic of church abusers is to use scripture to convince their victims that they are both - victim and abuser - tied up in the impurity of what happened. Many abusers will take it further and tell the victim that they are totally at fault, even if they are a child, since they are the source of temptation. Congregations accept this logic shockingly often, shunning victims as mentally ill, unstable, seductive, demonic forces who led their wonderful man of God astray. Victims are shunned and rejected by church members, while abusive leaders go through "restorative" processes.

It's the perfect framework for protecting perpetrators.

Current Page: 93 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.