Current Page: 78 of 95
Re: Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Date: February 07, 2021 07:28AM

Yes I remember him being mocked too.
By today’s standards it’s called hate crime...

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 07, 2021 01:23PM

At least the people of Kirkby love him,he is a legend. Blessed are the meek...

Date: February 07, 2021 02:41PM

Have you ever slept in a rubbish skip? GW? No I bet you haven’t .

Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: February 11, 2021 03:19PM

So that person, that guy, API, it is true he battered his fiancé, and worse than that cheated on her.His mother was a drunk who persecuted his fiancé, because she couldn’t bear losing her son, to her. So between CD working to divide them, by trying to drive a wedge between them. Leaving his future fiancé destroyed, so much so that she took a lethal cocktail of drugs enough to kill an elephant. It was flagged up to CD and DD and API was let off Scot free, meanwhile his fiancé took an overdose. And all you bas*ards sent her to Coventry. That is a sociopathic response ...

Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: February 11, 2021 03:43PM

And all of you responsible will” rue the day”you did this! Because you are living through the judgement that you brought upon yourselves right now.And API what you did was dispicable. You may have forgotten about what you did, but I feel sorry for your wife, knowing what a philanderer and cheat you are. If she hasn’t realised yet I pity her.I wouldn’t trust you as far as I could throw you! I believe you did her a great dishonour when started seeing her, a ready made family that you parasited off. No change there. And then the video of you being caught bang to rights in RLUH .I am laughing right now that all the world can see the violent truth of you! You did that to a woman, not just any woman but your fiancé! Well Mummy can’t protect you now!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 11, 2021 11:16PM

brokenbycheryl:

Please turn the temperature down on the exchanges here.

Avoid heated exchanges.

Posted by: I can see ()
Date: February 11, 2021 11:37PM

True to form kcf are closing ranks and hiding themselves. API is just the tip of the iceberg of the cowardice at the fellowship.
This isn't a campaign of hate or a "spiritual battle" It's about ownership of their actions and justice. Your silence speaks volumes. These abuses really happened and hiding wont make them go away. If this was perpetrated by non believers you could get your head around it but they were committed by Christian's!!! A lot of you are completely innocent of these wrongdoings but the guilty ones are among you and you wont be able to move on till there is some sort of admittance and restoration.

Posted by: I can see ()
Date: February 11, 2021 11:40PM

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE!

Posted by: ALongTimeAgo ()
Date: February 16, 2021 02:30PM

Poor Ged. I do remember him, though not that well. He always seemed very enthusiastic (about the fellowship and his faith). I didn’t know he’d had such a bad time of it. I can’t remember when he left - early nineties?

I don’t remember much about API, or who he married and so on. From what’s said on here it all sounds like there was a real tradition of covering things up at KCF, trying to keep everything ‘in-house’. I suppose it ties into that ‘us vs them’ mentality.

As with so many of these things, I can’t help but wonder if that still goes on. I no longer have any connections to the fellowship and haven’t for some time.

Mostly I don’t think about it much, but as with so many of us on here, it was responsible for so much hurt and upset in my life that occasionally, of course it rears its head in my thoughts.

But honestly, I don’t think these people will ever apologise. I’m not a Christian
(well, not in any way that the fellowship would recognise) and so it’s easy for me to say this, but I don’t think we need to forgive them in order to move on. I don’t think people should feel forced to forgive unless the other party is actually sorry. I think there is a difference between letting go of hurts and moving on, and actively forgiving. The former might take therapy and help, the latter requires an apology.

I’m slowly starting to make my peace with the fact I’ll never, ever get the apology I need in order to forgive. And so for me, the only option is to let go and move on. That does mean not having these people in my life again, but that’s been the case for me for such a long time now anyway. I think many of the people in senior positions in this organisation are rotten to the core, and it does make me angry at times to think how much they’ve gotten away with, but I haven’t the appetite for energy for any kind of vengeance.

I understand that people from the current set-up of the fellowship do read this forum.

(Continued in next post.)

Posted by: ALongTimeAgo ()
Date: February 16, 2021 02:55PM

I understand that people from the current set-up of the fellowship do read this forum.

I think I’d say this to them.

You’re members of a church - a fellowship - that has its own section in a cult education forum. How do you feel about that?

Perhaps you believe it’s no longer a cult, or cult-like. Maybe it isn’t! Has there been any acknowledgement from the leaders about their part in the incidents mentioned in this forum? Or has it all been blamed on former elders?

Maybe you’ve been told this is all just angry backslidden former members. Maybe you’ve even been told that it’s malicious lies. What do you think these posters on here stand to gain by lying or ‘gossiping’ about their experiences in the fellowship? Is it possible that everyone on here is telling the truth, or at the very least, their own version of events that actually happened?

It’s possible you’ve been told that the people on here are mentally ill in some way. Maybe you’ve been warned that this is the cost of backsliding, of leaving the fellowship. But have you thought about it another way - if those on here seem ‘mad’, is it possible that this is as a result of how people are treated at KCF?

If you feel contented and spiritually fulfilled at KCF, whilst also feeling completely free to leave any time you want without repercussions, should you wish, then that’s good. It’s obviously the right place for you. I’m happy for you.

If you feel that something isn’t quite right - if you have a nagging feeling at the back of your head - if you do like it there but sometimes wish the intensity could be dialled down - if you feel that everything is fine right now but if you wanted to leave, or even miss a couple of meetings, people would talk about you behind your back, or you’d have people knocking at your door out of concern that might not actually be concern - if you feel any of those things, then ask yourself if it’s the right church for you.

Kirkby Christian Fellowship doesn’t have a monopoly on Jesus, or faith. Now, I’m not a christian in any ‘born again’ sense any more, so feel free to take this with a pinch of salt, but there are definitely some people who have left KCF but have continued in their faith, continued with the gifts of the spirit, continued evangelising and believing very strongly in the literal truth of the bible. But they’ve done this in churches that are much less controlling of the flock.

If you’re frightened that if you leave, you’ll lose your faith all together, that doesn’t have to happen. Of course, some people do - I’m one of them, to a large extent, but believe it or not, I’m perfectly happy with where I’m at in my journey. Some people become quite militant atheists and they’re happy with that - it doesn’t mean it’s a path you have to take. Some become liberal anglicans; some become strict catholics and again, these are options that are open to you but not paths you have to choose. Some become agnostic but keep searching for the truth.

And some stay as charismatic evangelical born-again Christians, but in a more accepting and outward-looking church.

I think, in all honesty, I’ve basically moved on now. I don’t know if I’ll post again (never say never I suppose). So I’m just leaving that there for anyone currently in the Fellowship. Is it right for you? Only you can answer that.

Peace be with you.

Current Page: 78 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.