Current Page: 70 of 95
Re: Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: I can see ()
Date: August 28, 2020 05:51PM

Hi longtime,unfortunately no change there then.i myself have moved on and try to be a bit more gracious.
It doesn't diminish the harm done to others though how many not have the fortitude or coping skills to restore their obvious hurts.
I'm more concerned these days with trying to make sure kcf don't damage anyone else.
You are not alone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: FillMeUpJesus! ()
Date: August 28, 2020 06:30PM

ALongTimeAgo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone coming into a largely inactive thread to
> troll people who were harmed by those in charge of
> a place which, even if it has changed, has
> never apologised or made reparations, needs a lot
> more than therapy could give them.
>
> As for suggesting people should have just left and
> moved on with their lives; many of us were
> children.
>
> What a nasty, victim-blaming person you are. If
> you’re indicative of the present-day KCF
> congrégation or leadership then it clearly hasn’t
> changed one jot.
>
> I have reported your post.

Yes I agree the thread is largely inactive, so why is it being bumped on the 25th of Aug?

I think you should check the definition of internet troll, "What a nasty, victim-blaming person you are." is name calling - and referring to the forum rules 'Vitriolic posts that personally attack people, will not be tolerated and are grounds for banning the author from this message board.' So I have done nothing wrong, merely stating my opinion, as you are doing.

Back to the forum rules - Don't post false statements, contrived fiction, deliberately misleading statements, obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful and/or threatening comments, which may violate any laws.

If we are using information from 30 years ago, that would be an infringement of this rule.

I should be the one reporting your post.
'Any person that is here to cause trouble, start arguments and/or intimidate people, will be banned.'

I am here to be an impartial participant.

Thank you for your post :)

“The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” - Rafiki, Lion King 1994

Date: August 28, 2020 06:38PM

I can see Wrote:
> i myself have moved on and try to be a bit more gracious.

Unfortunately I would have to disagree bumping an old thread.

How have you moved on?
Did you join another church or change your religious views?
I'm curious how people 'harmed' by this church moved on.

Please lets just have a civil conversation.

“The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” - Rafiki, Lion King 1994

Posted by: ALongTimeAgo ()
Date: August 28, 2020 06:46PM

I’d suggest people stop engaging with this individual who is clearly here to ‘sealion’, engage in whataboutery and attempt to defend the indefensible.

Hope everyone else is well.

Date: August 28, 2020 06:53PM

Posted by: Tkalc ()
Date: August 28, 2020 08:02PM

Hi Everybody,

I would just ignore this person, It's a typical insensitive religious response to spiritual abuse in churches. I see it all the time and some of you know I work counselling people in this area (www.tothinkagain.co.uk)

I'm a Christian but Christian religion is apalling at coping with spiritual abuse in churches and seems to have a stock response:

'You need to learn to forgive'
'You're negative and critical' or 'you have a critical spirit'
'There's no perfect church'
'You're being judgemental'
'You're gossiping.'
'You need to move on and stop living in the past'
'[insert insensitive dismissive comment here]'

bla bla bla.

This attitude says more about the people with them than who it is directed at. It is very dismissive at its milder end, and at worst, victim blaming, insensitive, ignorant and arrogant.

I wasn't part of this 'church' (cult) but I have heard stories about this place and I attended another equally unhealthy church in Liverpool too. Sadly, this is the kind of wall I too have come up against with church members when I too have tried to seek comfort in others and share my story. It has been awful. As far as I'm concerned this is a further form of gaslighting.

People who haven't been through a cult experience will never understand the devastation it causes and the length of time it takes to recover or how comforting it is to find others who have struggled.

Don't let these comments get you down :)

Take care.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2020 08:08PM by Tkalc.

Date: August 28, 2020 08:29PM

Hi Tkalc and long time, I am well aware of these tactics
Great to see your posts and know there are same people out there with a mind and sense of right and wrong. Things haven't changed much,just on a superficial level.
The thought of these people fooling good people upsets me and the hurts people carry till this day.

Date: August 28, 2020 09:16PM

It's a real shame we can't discuss the actual topic of the thread, instead anyone comes in with a neutral view with questions is bullied for not believing your opinions. See Bigot

It would appear this thread is full of misinformation and rumour by a few butthurt individuals.

People can believe whatever they want, and if you don't like it you turn the other way and get on with your lives. Do you also defame people who teach Yoga, Reiki and other new age garbage? I doubt it - you claim to be protecting people, but people just come here for a good laugh at the haters of a little church.

Honestly you're all like a bunch of gorillas beating your chest at the zoo visitors. Except you aren't kept in a cage - you can just walk away.

Write what you like, it's the internet.

I'm still open to civil discussion =3

Or we can carry on this nonsense and waste of time on earth?
Complaining in an echo chamber for years on end is not going to heal your pain.

Date: August 29, 2020 12:47AM

Hello Tkalc
Just read your post again,thank you for your acknowledgment of the harm caused by this 'church's and I assume you believe them.
Because I assure you they are real people and the damage is real.
I bet you've heard stories about this place as many other people have too.
Kcf labour under the delusion that they are special with a perfect knowledge and special place in God's sight and the people of kirkby.
Everything you mentioned is certainly true of the 'fellowship '.
I'm in a good place myself and have been for awhile,but I feel for the people who have left in a lot of pain and a number of people still there who just go along with things knowing that if they leave they will be ostracized by their families and friends, because from personal experience that's what happens as I'm sure you will know this.
Dont misunderstand me there are some lovely people there but also some real nasty ones too,that put on the best acting, convincingly.
You'll understand no doubt the ploy of saying those outside the circle are used by satan and only those who commit to kcf are true believers. Yes in 2020!
I know the victim's and I believe them and I dont disregard their pain and abuse.

Date: August 29, 2020 01:16AM

I can see Wrote:

> I'm in a good place myself and have been for
> r awhile,but

But, you still get pleasure out of spreading lies and gossip about people who aren't even here to defend themselves.

Do you know about the Jonestown cult? I can't believe what they did!
70 or more victims were injected with poison and a third were children!
And they were held against their will, guards were ordered to shoot anyone who left with guns and crossbows! Total death toll was 909 people, with only 33 surviving. Now that's a scary cult to get stuck in.

Tkalc Wrote:

> I wasn't part of this 'church'

'I can see' should maybe read the post for a third time... They didn't go to KCF.

Just because you say some people were nasty to you doesn't make the church a cult. It's the same in any group setting, welcome to the real world.

No matter how many times you state your opinion it won't make it fact, you are spreading gossip and lies for your own pleasure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2020 02:00AM by rrmoderator.

Current Page: 70 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.