Current Page: 69 of 95
Re: Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: isawtheway ()
Date: April 30, 2019 01:31AM

Hi everybody
I have often wondered about all the people that attended,what was mount zion fellowship on kennelwood avenue. It as been over 30 odd years since i was a member. But i can still remember it vividly the weekly meetings in the back room at 76 kennelwood ave. Then the highlight of the week the big meeting at Kirkby sports centre.
Don't get me wrong i did meet some nice friendly people there. I thought Graham and Mary Watts, Dave Doyle were really nice people. I am not going to rip these people i just think as the years have passed and judging by the comments on this forum. I just hink that Cheryl Doyle was the more domineering person in that quartet and as asserted her influence over them.
I think she was good at targeting the weak and vulnerable in the fellowship. I was close to a few people in the fellowship and told them to be wary of Cheryl and what she was telling them.
I could see her for what she was she wanted people that she could manipulate. People can still have a strong belief in god and take comfort in their faith, but telling you how to live your life and how to raise your children in the name of god. Is wrong in my eyes you can't instil what you believe in onto your children. Especially as they get older they have a right to make a choice.

I remember Maureen,john w, alison m, dianne p, to name a few. The comment about Sharon Mccomb i thought she had gotten married off. I know a few of the female members had been paired off for marriage after i had left. I can't believe that some of the members that were there when i left are still there 30 odd years later.
I remember a few members moving up to the kennelwood area from really nice areas. Because the elders of the fellowship said that they would be needed to help save the people in that area. I remember visiting the millbrook walk house so i can sympathise with that young girls horror of moving somewhere so alien to her.
I have more to say but that's for another time.
Take care and god bless you all

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 01, 2019 03:20AM

Hi again,
I have been reading through some of the earlier posts, and i can empathise with the experiences most of you had been through. i realised what was happening to the fellowship i attended meetings but i never bought into all that was said ie it was wrong to listen to music, drink alcohol certain toys were demonic etc.
Don't get me wrong as i have previously stated i met some really nice people but there were others who as others have stated on previous posts wanted to climb the ladder so to speak.
Regarding John w i saw him for what he was Cheryls spy you had to be careful what you said around him he wasn't the only one, there were others who would relay to cheryl et al what was being said in the informal talks after meetings.
If you tried to dispute anything that was said in a meeting afterwards you would just get quotes from the bible in reply to try and justify anything that you did not agree with.
i remember Karen Mutch attending a couple of meetings it was Alison who brought her i think that was around the time i was deciding to leave the fellowship as i was getting dictated to about how to live my life. Alison and Sharon Mccomb were
friends and joined around the same time as i started going with Gerard jackson. I had many discussions with him about me leaving the fellowship. I was very close to Dianne p and i had a really good relationship with her before i left. i used to bump into her and Sharon Mccomb at times and would ask them how they were also Lizzy Smith.
I often saw Ged Jackson out and about has he lived not far from me and still had heated debates over religion!!
I am glad i got out when i did as i knew what was coming as i tried to tell some members especially the younger ones who had no parents in the fellowship that it was becoming cult like. But they could not see it at the time. I am sorry to hear about the death of Dave Doyle i just thought he was easily led by Cheryl i think she was the one who wore the trousers in that relationship.
I cannot really comment on what went on in the years after i left but judging by all the posts on this forum it wasn't a very nice place to be it seems that there wasn't much spiritual support given to members when they needed it and just a lot of infighting amongst the elders of the fellowship. But pitting family members against each other and causing rifts amonst friends there is definitely something wrong with that its goes against everything that is being said about being tolerant to each other that is just vindictivness of the highest order and
hypocritical.
That is what happens when you place your faith in another persons hand only you can follow the path you want to follow regarding your faith and the life you lead without being dictated to how to lead it.

Posted by: ALongTimeAgo ()
Date: May 01, 2019 01:37PM

Thanks for sharing your memories of the place isawtheway.

For you and anyone else who is still reading I can confirm that Cheryl Doyle is dead.

Date: May 02, 2019 04:28AM

Hi Rosebud and those who may know me.
i dont know whether you still visit the forum,but i remember you and your family when i was a member of mount zion at the time you were there i think you were friends with Lizzy Doyle. I found out from Ged Jackson that she had left the Doyles. I hope you are well. I remember visiting your house when you lived in Towertill with a lad called Peter who lived not far from you, he attended the fellowship with his mum and a couple of brothers i think.
I also remember the being slain moments at the sports centre as someone mentioned earlier in the forum it was either that or dancing around, i went up once to see what it was all about i was slain i must admit but it wasn't through the grace of god but the help of either Cheryl or whoever was assisting her applying continuos pressure to my forehead causing me to fall backwards once you were down you laid there for a few minutes then went back to your seat. Also the speaking in tongues which to me was utter gibberish used to make me laugh. If i wanted to speak a foreign language i would of learnt one. Am i sounding to cynical or do others have the same sentiment as me. Also someone mentioned about going to a meeting at house in southdene with a woman called June she was married to Peter Mavers and they had a couple of children rachel and paul i think there names were,
I digress i was touched by your experiences that you have shared on the forum. it must of been hard for you to speak about such things especially on a open forum such as this. I apologise if i am 10 or so years to late to have my say but you are all in my heart as i have found myself in that dark place at times.
As the saying goes "what goes around comes around"
My thoughts are with you all.

Posted by: I can see ()
Date: August 25, 2020 05:50AM

Hi all
I've been away for awhile.So there's been a few good posts since I was last here. Hope we can catch up,soon.

Posted by: I can see ()
Date: August 25, 2020 06:13AM

I have sent a couple of private messages to a couple of you so please check.

Posted by: FillMeUpJesus! ()
Date: August 28, 2020 06:15AM

Hey! So those of you who still frequent this thread, when was the last time you attended a Sunday service at this place? Just thinking if we are judging this church on "30 odd years since i was a member" information?

Posted by: Mork ()
Date: August 28, 2020 01:27PM

1. To ask whether someone has attended a church on a Sunday to judge it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what a church actually is. A church isn't just what it preaches on a Sunday.
2. Many of the same members, leaders, its core, remain. Many of these people were involved or knew of the abuses that went on.
3. There has been no acknowledgement of these abuses, let alone apology or reparation.
4. The damage that has been done by this church is something that people have had to carry through their own life, at great cost to themselves. Often for more than 30 years.
5. Abuses still go on.

Posted by: FillMeUpJesus! ()
Date: August 28, 2020 03:38PM

What this all boils down to.

The reason this thread exists is someone's parents took them to church, and as they grew up they realised they didn't want to adhere to the lifestyle choices the Church was laying down.

So instead of saying "You know what, this isn't for me" and just moving on with their life they decided to write on a forum to attempt to hurt the members of the Church.

Anyone with 30 year old grievances who is still acting out should seek therapy.

What Jared Leto is doing is a cult, KCF is just a little church in a poor town.

Posted by: ALongTimeAgo ()
Date: August 28, 2020 04:46PM

Anyone coming into a largely inactive thread to troll people who were harmed by those in charge of a place which, even if it has changed, has never apologised or made reparations, needs a lot more than therapy could give them.

As for suggesting people should have just left and moved on with their lives; many of us were children.

What a nasty, victim-blaming person you are. If you’re indicative of the present-day KCF congrégation or leadership then it clearly hasn’t changed one jot.

I have reported your post.

Current Page: 69 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.