Current Page: 63 of 95
Re: Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: I can see ()
Date: March 04, 2012 07:05PM

Encouraged to hear some of you are starting to realise you are in a cult.There are some lovely people at kcf heaven knows why they are involved with that shower.You know,the ones who think that they have a direct line to our heavenly father.
The bible alone isnt good enough for them they have other communication.Please people get back to basics.Your father will never own those silly visions and dreams.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 04, 2012 11:31PM

Also check out the posts on Struthers.Very similar cult to kcf.

Date: March 13, 2012 06:17AM

Please pray for the young people who at one time attended kcf(i could name them).I know that some of these young ones have had a terrible time at kcf.They have since become antichristian many of them becoming goths etc.These young ones are precious souls to the Lord.God have mercy!!

Date: March 13, 2012 06:37AM

I hope you all checked out the posts on struthers church,very similar you no doubt agree!! Dont follow any daft crack-pot who tells you God is doing something new,especially when you havent even started on what is said in the bible.im sad when i see some of you still trudging along to the "meeting",its even sadder when i know that some of you couldve had a different life with marriage partners etc but you were told not to pursue. you were actually forbidden unless the other person threw in their lot with kcf.cling to the cross of Jesus Christ drop the daft visions and dreams.Later!!

Posted by: ThePetitor ()
Date: June 08, 2012 03:52PM

I can see,

Interesting that yo refer people to the Struthers forum, I have had a look at some of the stuff here and I agree, there seem to be a lot of similarities in the stories.

I see there was also an earlier reference to a link between the churches at some point, with member of KCF attending a SMC camp. Does anyone know any more about this?

Posted by: Rensil ()
Date: June 20, 2012 07:43AM

Yes, Petitor, a large group of folk from Kirkby Christian Fellowship used to come up to Struthers Church summer Camps. I think, though I may be wrong, that the Kirkby leader, Cheryl, had got hold of some of Hugh Black's books and especially his book on "women ministry" and had phoned him to talk about it. Hugh Black wanted to encourage and mentor the leader because she was female and had come up against disapproval in local church circles. So he invited her and her Fellowship to come up to Camp to get more teaching etc. This group of them came up for a few years running and seemed to really enjoy the Camps, until the leader disagreed with SMC leaders about an issue connected with deliverance, and they never came back up after that and cut contact with SMC. I don't know how much of the SMC teaching they continued to follow or give out after that.

Date: August 04, 2012 07:30AM

More leavers and dissenters at kcf.whats going on??

Date: August 05, 2012 06:40AM

I see there is still much searching going on in regards to the cultic nature of kcf.they are being watched by the people of KIRKBY .especially with the wealth of INForMaTion on the internet mentioned in the lEaLETs.whO is inthe ruNNing for the leaDErship mantle????.You must come out of the fellowship,open your ears!!Its tIMe to leave.tell your families that you are sorry you have hurt them.GOD has given you the parents/children/brothers/sisters you have.LOVE THEM for heavens sake!!!.the families you have forsaken for the sake of the feLlowship are heartbroken.even those unsaved family memBers.iT makes no difference they Still miss you.thE ones that haveleft kcf miss you.THINK OF THAT!! but you have been told to have nothing to do with the onES who have left.seek us abandoned ones out.dont let lEAdership tell you who to have as friends. #itsaswizz.

Date: August 13, 2012 11:30PM

Really good to see your continued iNterest iN these posts.feel sorry that you All could have such a different life outside kCF.well some of you could the miserables aNd the snitches wouldnt have any control iN a proper church.you know who i mean the oldies.inyour private lives.in the privacy of your own homes.research cults and manipulation techNiques.email other churches,other christians.whoever you want.dont accept kcf's brand of christianity.the foundations are shakey.#youvegotafriend.

Posted by: The driver ()
Date: August 17, 2012 11:50PM

Hi there,
I used to be a member here "back in the day" and I can testify to some of the things that have been said. There are people in KCF who I have known for a good number of years. One of the hardest things I found was being ignored after I had left. I have seen members cross the road and actively seek to avoid contact. People I had called brother and sister for years and had been involved with my family and been regular, loved members of my household. I can honestly say it was one of the harder things to do to leave and I've felt so hurt since by those peoples behaviour.

Something that kept me going each week was the promise that we were somehow better than other churches, called to a higher purpose. After I left KCF I went to a few different churches to see what was what. I was surprised to learn that there are many churches out there that have a wonderful Christian life and a calling to a purpose specific to that group or area. There are churches in deprived areas, churches in middle class areas, churches who cater to lots of children and churches full of young people full of vim and vigour. I have had the time of my life exploring my options and feel that after trying a few paths I found one that was right for me and my own particular walk. One of the things that has become clear to me by doing this is that I now see I was in an abusive relationship. Imagine, if you will, your partner says that you will never be happy with anyone else, that what you have is special and that if you leave no-one will ever love you the same. Everyone out in the world is damaged, we can only rely on each other. It's only when you look back that you see how destructive and insecure it sounds.

I remember being terrified of the leaders too. I honestly thought they could read my mind or God was showing them what was going on inside. I am, after all, a human being and have the same human feelings and thoughts as anyone else. Sometimes people do my head in, sometimes I wanted to walk out, sometimes someone attractive would catch my eye. I have never felt so judged as I did in those days and I'm so happy I'm out and allowed to be human again. I can remember people being brought to the front of the church "in sin", the shame, and (I'm embarrassed to say) the shear relief that it wasn't me.

So anyway, I'm glad I'm out and have never been happier or more secure in myself or my faith. I wish I could explain or show what a difference it has made; that letting it all go will not lead to me or anyone I love being punished or going to hell and that life is actually better and more free. I hope that people do leave. If you're thinking of joining then don't! I don't feel bitter, I don't feel vindictive and I still think of many people from KCF with much, much fondness. Which is why I'm writing here. Like the friend who says (usually over glasses of wine and a box of hankies!) I don't think this person is good enough for you, I think that you could do better...

Current Page: 63 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.