Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Church of Scientology
Posted by: Kylaa ()
Date: June 04, 2005 11:55AM

Hello everyone ... first time here

I decided to look for a discussion forum on religious cults because of an experience I had when I went to the doctor. I went to the doctor because I suffer from anxiety which causes me a great deal of sleep loss and my doctor suggested auditing through the Church of Scientology. I did some research on it and couldn't believe what I was reading.
I really like my doctor, but at the same time I feel, well, "preyed" upon.
Does anyone here have any experience with the Church of Scientology?

Thanks,

Kylaa

Options: ReplyQuote
Church of Scientology
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 04, 2005 07:24PM

See [www.culteducation.com]

Sounds like your doctor is a Scientologist.

Church of Scientology
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: June 05, 2005 12:58AM

Do NOT under any circumstance do what this doctor tells you.
You feelings are correct, you are being PREYED upon.
If they get you in that Scientology building, then they will start their dangerous Mind Control work on you, and could literally wreck your life.
I am not exaggerating.

If it were me i would report this Dr to the local authorities for doctors, and even go to the media anonymously.
Why not post the name of the doctor anonymously on some message boards and get the word out?

Also, i would suggest you never see that doctor again, and find a new one.
Read up on Scientology.
It is a VERY dangerous mind-control cult, in my opinion.

Church of Scientology
Date: June 05, 2005 02:18AM

The moderator is correct, she is a scientologist. I did a google search with her name and the words auditing and scientology and her name came up with several others under different categories. Her name appeared under the category, "grade". It's as if I was viewing a graduation ceremony program (magna cum laude etc.)

As far as reporting her goes, I really do like my doctor yet fear that some poor, unsuspecting soul may follow her adivice. When she asked me what type of anxiety I was diagnosed with I told her PTSD and she asked me if I see anyone for it. I told her I see a psychologist and that's when she gave me a number and told me to ask for "dianetics". I called the number and they answered the phone "Scientology Mission". When all the stuff about Tom Cruise and Brooke Shields hit the fan I got on the net and did some research and that's when it all started making sense. She is always pleased when I tell her I take no medication even though my psychologist has suggested it several times. I have thought about finding another doctor given that it seems highly unethical to seize on someone's weakness to pull them into some cult. Not to mention the fact that knowing what I know now, I question her judgement down the line about everything.

It is hard for me to believe that someone who is smart enough to make it through medical school and serve on the number of boards that she does could be sucked into a belief system based on pseudoscience not to mention this crap about space aliens and humans originating as clams....Sheesh! And to think I'd gotten on mapquest to find directions to that place just to see what it was like. I'm glad I did some checking first.

The strangest thing of all is that she works at a clinic owned and operated by a doctor who is an openly devout Christian (although she's not in anyone's face about it). She has a lot of Christian literature around the office for her patients to read. I wonder if she knew this doctor was a scientologist when she hired her or if she got mixed up in this after the fact. Regardless, I'd bet she'd hit the fan if she knew about just this one incident not to mention the fact that I doubt that I'm alone.

Church of Scientology
Date: June 05, 2005 08:29AM

Just because someone is a "Dr" does not mean that they are either ethical, or not foolish.
My sister is an MD and she is so naive its a joke. Many Dr's are naive, some are dishonest, all of them are HUMAN just like us. No difference at all.
There are countless Dr's and other professionals in all sorts of cults, etc.

If i were you i would RUN from that Dr.
If you have PTSD, then seek some proper treatment. I had PTSD symptoms in the past, and that is not something to trifle with. Sometimes you need medication along with proper therapy, Behavioral Exposure therapy seems to be the best treatment.

If you choose to expose her, in my opinion, keep it anonymous.
Send an anonymous letter, or an email from an anonymous account from an internet cafe.
Scientology is not something to trifle with.
They are a very dangerous organization, and if a person makes trouble for them, it can get very ugly.

The best thing to do is just walk away. Don't get into a discussion with her about it. She will use her position to her advantage.

Just find a good doctor, and get away from her.

Coz

Church of Scientology
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: June 05, 2005 02:29PM

Coz is right, Medical Doctors are merely expensively educated humans. That does not mean they are broadly read. In fact many have rather narrow life experience.

I'm a Nurse Practitioner; I work with physicians and have many friends who are medical doctors, PhD scientists, etc. I also precept young doctors.
Most of them are naive about cult phenomenon (at best). I know some who belong to cults; those docs ALL apply their cultic 'technologies' to their lives in EVERY way.... including at work (e.g. their patients).
Hope has written at length about the negative psychological damage from her cult-member doctor who was ostensibly 'helping' her.

I'm now forthcoming w/ friends about my cult childhood, and later adult relationship with a cult member (who happens to be a corporate celebrity, prestigiously educated). Some docs understand the cult concept and are interested in learning more. Some think it's hogwash.
Amazingly, a forensic psychiatrist I know denies that cult influences are damaging... I wonder where he attended residency.. :|

Intelligence is not protective against cultic influence. In fact, my guess is that intelligence would allow a cult-influenced person to apply their cult methods more insidiously. (that's probably why my PTSD was so deep, post-MOLer relationship).

Of course, you would best receive health care from a provider with whom you feel comfortable. It is important to have a 'safe' relationship with your health care provider, to discuss all that affects your health.

From your description, there may be limitations to the depth of confidence you can place in your current physician. You are probably considering this anyway, to have posted your concern.
Changing health care providers IS such a drag though, with managed care and all.

Good Luck

Church of Scientology
Date: June 06, 2005 05:02AM

You’re right. She doesn’t keep her cultist beliefs out of her work given that she tried to get me into the Church of Scientology the very first time I saw her. I did a search for her and scientology on yahoo and found her name under three more of those goofy lists: “Skills of a Theta being course”, “OT debug service”, and “Sponsors 89".

Skills of a Theta being?
OT debug service? <----- Huh?
Sponsors 89?

Yikes!

What the hell are those courses anyway?

I wonder if the “sponsors” is just what it looks like, that she’s sponsoring large numbers of people into that cult.

I guess it’s easier for me to understand when a cult uses familiar teachings (usually Christianity) and manipulates them to inculcate people into accepting cult teachings, but Scientology is so far out of the mainstream that it’s harder for me to understand why people grasp onto it. It seems someone would notice that the whole thing (space aliens, hydrogen bombs blowing up volcanoes etc.) sounds like science fiction, then realize the founder of their religion was a science fiction writer and put two and two together. But then again, I’m sure they don’t tell people about space aliens and our ancestors, the clams, the first time they enter the building. Then again, but for the grace of God go I. I bet a lot of them were brought up believing this stuff.

By the time these poor people start questioning things they’re probably already broke.

It seems that the Church of Scientology helps people by liberating them from the burden of having a bank account. I feel sorry for these people.

I think it’s time for a new doctor. I feel like I’ll be enabling her and her “sponsorship” of others into a cult every time I go there and write a check for services rendered. Besides, they practice a lot of alternative medicine at that clinic and I’m still barely sleeping. I haven’t had but a few decent nights sleep this entire year. Time for a doctor who can help.

This whole thing has creeped me out.

Church of Scientology
Date: June 06, 2005 01:38PM

Be VERY careful you find someone with SPECIFC PTSD training to help you. This is not a job for people to "practice" on you.

Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy is the treatment of choice.
[www.ncptsd.va.gov]

(stay away from EMDR, in my view. There are lots of problems with this).
[skepdic.com]

An excellent book is "Trauma and Recovery" by Herman.
[www.amazon.com]

Coz

Church of Scientology
Posted by: davefilms ()
Date: June 10, 2005 03:30AM

I was able to get COS kicked out of The U.S. Navy Exchenge last year. They were conducting fony stress tests. So I contacted NEXCOM in Virginia and told them. They investigated it. COS had no choice but to leave. It is Federal Law that forbids the U.S. Government from favoring one relidgeon over the other. So no church can come to the Navy Exchange and recruit people.

Church of Scientology
Date: June 12, 2005 05:40AM

Good for you. Just what we don't need, our military being preyed upon by the COS. I would worry about military personnel being brainwashed through auditing.

The more I learn about the COS, the worse I feel for people who get sucked into it. I just ordered the book, "L Ron Hubbard. Messiah or Madman?". I can't wait to read it.

I found another doctor so I don't have to go back to the one I had. It's a shame because she's a very nice person wrapped up in something very bad.

By the way, thanks for your service!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.