Sarah Palin and Dominionist fundamentalist church
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: September 06, 2008 03:59AM

I'm surprised nobody posted this here yet.

McCain's VP pick, Alaska governor Sarah Palin, is a "former" member of a dominionist Pentecostal church called Wasilla Assembly of God. This church is very extremist and cult-like and has some scary beliefs, like Jew-hating, for one thing:
[blogs.jta.org]

And an exerpt about her pastor:

"Pastor Kalnins has also preached that critics of President Bush will be banished to hell; questioned whether people who voted for Sen. John Kerry in 2004 would be accepted to heaven; charged that the 9/11 terrorist attacks and war in Iraq were part of a war "contending for your faith;" and said that Jesus "operated from that position of war mode." "
[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Video of her church
[www.boingboing.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sarah Palin and Dominionist fundamentalist church
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: September 07, 2008 06:06AM

Hi, Gulab Jamon...

Thanks for the post, but I must admit I didn't see anything in your links about "Jew Hating" at the church. Since the links you provide to these blogs are "August 29" and "Sept. 2" respectively with the video link is from "Sept 4", yet none of this appears to have any legs at this point and probably never will. In the age of the 24/7 news cycle video is king (like: "No no no no, not god bless America...god damn America!" That will always be shocking.)

I think if there were videos of Gov. Palin rolling on the floor and frothing at the mouth then the Obama campaign would already have leaked it to the MSM.

Just my two cents...

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: September 07, 2008 08:24AM

Gulab Jamon,

After further exploration on the web it appears that these charges are baseless (Daily Kos removes posts). In a heated election cycle, we must be aware of propaganda from one camp or the other. Thanks for your vigilance, but take all propaganda with a grain of salt or we are each personally responsible for spreading baseless stories.

God, I hate politics.

Posted by: Rangdrol ()
Date: December 07, 2008 05:33AM

Gulab Jamon

I also looked at that website you point out. That website is a pro zionist website, which bills itself as the Global News Service of the Jewish People. As such, it is NOT a news service, it is a blog. In addition, just because Palin's church, —and there is no hard proof that they said that—believe that Jesus is coming to save his people, does not mean that she is anti-Jewish.

Please folks, when you read a blog, please read it CRITICALLY. Exposing nonsense is fine, and I am all for it, just like the other guy, but when you put stuff like that in it then it's just more falsehoods, more brainwashing, more negativity. Jewish people have many beliefs. So do Christians, etc. If she supported Buchanan, and there is proof that he is a holocaust denier, then we have something. I voted for Clinton, years ago, it does not mean I condone extra-marital affairs!

Sparky, thank you for bringing this to the forum, too.

Posted by: Kaleidoscope ()
Date: September 17, 2009 04:18PM

Palin Pastor's Re-education Scheme "May Seem Like Totalitarianism"

by Bruce Wilson on the Huffington Post Sept 14

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-wilson/palin-pastors-re-educatio_b_283230.html

"Last fall, when asked by a Religion News Service reporter about his ministry's ties to Sarah Palin's most important church, the Wasilla Assembly of God, Joyner sought to downplay the connection stating, "I would be honored to be connected, but we are not that I know of. It is very likely that her church has read our stuff and I think some of our folks have been up and spoken to her church. It would be a very loose, distant association."

But Morningstar Ministries is in fact closely tied to the Wasilla church, whose head pastor Ed Kalnins, along with Kenyan evangelist Thomas Muthee, anointed and blessed Sarah Palin against the "spirit of witchcraft" in an October 2005 ceremony at the church, shortly before Palin launched her bid to become Alaska governor."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.