Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: Ginvodya ()
Date: December 09, 2003 05:12PM

Hi I'd like to hear your opinions about Landmark. IMHO Landmark will brainwash you

x Gin

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: Guy ()
Date: December 11, 2003 04:11PM

Hi Gin,

You'll find Landmark conversations are over in the Large Group Awareness Training section.

Come on over.

Guy

Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: jsllim ()
Date: June 04, 2005 01:15PM

I noticed Landmark is not very active in much of the South. Might that be because so many of the traditional religious citizens are harder to fool?

JM

Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: Dynamix ()
Date: August 07, 2005 08:11PM

I don't think that Landmark is one of the worst cults out there. But it can be damaging. Brainwashing is the process of radically altering an individual's paradigm through ultimately deceptive techniques. And it does this by robbing people of their critical judgement. It's a nasty, even risky business.

Since getting involved, I have learned to value my own judgement, and do not surrender it to another easily. In that way, Landmark has taught a valuable lesson.

Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: anniebee ()
Date: February 14, 2006 05:34AM

LANDMARK--Irreversible Damage to Family Relationships

About a month ago my ex-husband called me and was crying. He said he had experienced a "significant" event and then he told me he'd been lying to me for 25 years and that throughout our marriage had lied about his degrees, how he felt, what he thought--and had cheated on me since before we were even married or had children and had continued to do so for 25 years. I was shocked---suddenly everything from the past overwhelmed me, thinking of female co-corkers, in particular, that I had to our home for dinner or parties and invited into my social work. A fried from church. A babysitter who suddenly quit. And then he called our daughter and son and confessed he'd been living a lie all of these years and a few other things. Now I am angry and feel a sense of loss for those years because I was living with a stranger. I even learned many of the reasons I married him were all lies. He wanted "empathy" for how stressful it is to be addicted to lying and sex. Then he said he was sure this would make me feel bad and that I would need Landmark to recover and assume responsibility for MY "raquets" and even though finding out my marriage was a lie, I could then create new "interpretations." He wanted me and our kids to go immediately and would pay for it. My teen-age son told him it counded like a cult and said no and my daughter told him it sounded like the program didn't include God or morals of any kind. I've lost any good memories I had and he chose to tell me not long after I was diagnosed with cancer. Now he says he feels the "truth" has set him free and he wants me to think of him as a man of "honor and integrity." Since his Forum experience a month ago, he has a different persona. He said all he could say was sorry, I had to know the truth for my own good and so did the kids, and now he is "free: and suddenly plans to marry a women from out-of-state who he barely knows---a Landmark graduate who urged him into going. He has been verbally abusive and seems "high," but talks kind of like a robot and seems to have no feelings other than for the new life he is "embarking" on as a new person. He claims he has competely changed and will be able to break his lying and sexual addiction because he changed in a single weekend and the "other him" doesn't exist anymore. Landmark may or may not be good for the people who go, but it's hurtful for the families of anyone who goes. I think it's the most narcissistic, unempathetic, anti-Christian program I have read or heard about and would caution anyone from attending---it destroys non-Landmark relationships overnight. And the change is negative--the most noticeable change is simply a different vocabulary. One where they are not responsibile for causing hurt or pain to others because it's "all a matter of personal interpretation and possibilities."

Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: Dynamix ()
Date: February 15, 2006 12:04PM

anniebee
I think it's the most narcissistic, unempathetic, anti-Christian program I have read or heard about and would caution anyone from attending---it destroys non-Landmark relationships overnight.
Of course, the first thing Landmark says to you is "your life doesn't work." And when you share about your relationships, they takes the same uniform view on all of them (that they are flawed) regardless of whether they actually do work or not, you are not being your "authentic self" and you have to "come clean." This is why the attendees make the phone calls and apoligise, and of course after that, they have to be different people to "stay transformed." It's all quite ludicrous I know, but it's such a high when you're in it it's easy to see how it can become addictive.

Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: February 16, 2006 03:13AM

Moderators, could this thread be moved to the LGAT forum? This doesn't seem to be the right place for it, as there don't seem to be any celebrities mentioned.

Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: toneatronic ()
Date: November 15, 2006 02:12AM

I have to say that I felt some of the same feelings the others posted.
After working with Landmark for almost a year now I have to say that my life has changed.
I can sympathise with the woman whos husband who cheated on her.
What's so is he finally stepped up to the plate and decided living a lie all his life wasnt where he wanted to be.
The raquets he was speaking of are familiar ways of being that dongt contribute to your life in a positive way.
Landmark is not a cult or brainwashing.
It opens your eyes to your own lack of integrity.
I've seen miracles happen.
A 2o year old carpenter who has no
direction in his life.
Deciding one of the things he wants to do
is go to africa and build a housing and
school for orpahns and getting people to sponsor
him to do it.
Or the business woman who hates her job
but dosnt have the courage to do any thing about it.
She quits starts her own company and through the law
of attraction is a huge success.
There are breakdowns and Breakthroughs.
Landmark only shows you the door ,you have
to step through it.
Have a truly great day , everything is possible!

Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 15, 2006 02:38AM

toneatronic:

Your post is so typical. Rather than accepting responsibility with integrity for the things that Landmark does wrong and the bad results participants often get, you engage in "victim bashing."

When is Landmark ever wrong?

When are its courses ever responsible for harm?

See [www.culteducation.com]

Landmark Education has a history of bad press, bad results, complaints, personal injury lawsuits, etc.

It has always been surrounded by controversy due to its methods and the substance of its courses.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This French documentary, which was viewed throughout France a couple of years ago, led to Landmark leaving the country.

Within the report they got inside Landmark and filmed with hidden cameras the so-called "experience" of "getting it" firsthand.

Not avery pretty picture, and it makes it easy to understand why this type of "coaching" can be a disaster.

Please don't post your phone number and contact information on this board.

That type of self-promotion is against the rules that you agreed to.

Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: toneatronic ()
Date: November 15, 2006 06:01AM

To our Moderator:
I posted my contact info becaise I am not afraid
to take responsibility for my words.
Have you even taken landmark yourself?

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.