Current Page: 2 of 5
Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 15, 2006 11:24AM

No I have not taken any courses offered by Landmark.

At one point I agreed to take the Forum sponsored by Landmark, but refused to sign any waiver regarding my right to sue and be heard before a jury if personally injured.

It is not necessary to smoke or drive drunk to know those would be bad choices.

It is not necessary to try everything and anything to have an opinion.

Landmark's history as recorded by the press and the press and the courts is well-documented.

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: August 06, 2007 02:11AM

anniebee

The process you described is an unhealthy, asinine way of making amends. Unlike AA/NA programs, the purpose for the individual is completely self-serving and done before they are taught in the later courses to "do no intentional harm."

What you're not taught, you're not responsible for.

I figure living with honesty and integrity would include not only being honest but sticking around to heal the relationship...because he was an integral part of it, and/or make full amends.

Landmark seems to want to have NO part of that, and the amending process is much like watching someone wash windows with a pipe wrench.

Then again, this is not at all surprising seeing that Werner just walked away from his first wife with NO explanation when he had his epiphany.

Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: August 14, 2007 01:14PM

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD! - if it looks like a RACKET, guess what? it IS a racket!

Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: August 14, 2007 01:17PM

tonetronic - do you have to swallow arsenic to know if it is poison?

I went to three "graduation" ceremonies; all three times I learned not a thing, no info on the ciriculum, just my "friend" forcing me to look into her eyes while she attempted to hypnotise me (as she was instructed to to by the Landmark Trainers) - fortunately for me, and unfortunately for Landmark, i am not that suseptible, also, I am an old lady- been around the block a few thousand times...so it only took me about 10 minutes to realize just what the Landmark "racket" is - pyramid sales in disguise!

Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: hipo ()
Date: August 15, 2007 01:37AM

My two cents here:

I think it's not only ridiculous, but just downright cruel for a guy to just confess to his entire family that his marriage and the very existence of his own children are the result of petty lies, then just dump them after dropping that bomb and call that integrity.

I'm not a fan of 12-step programs, but at least in those making amends is a PROCESS in which people first have to work on their own recovery, then deal with what their addictions have caused.

I started a thread asking about Landmark because I've seen how a friend of mine has changed his ways and not for the good.

[board.culteducation.com]

I don't care how many people go to Africa to build schools. There's a thing called personal responsibility for those you love. Dropping everything and walking away from people who love you, after telling them "hey, I mislead you and made your life a living hell but I'm responsible now. See ya!", and PAYING MONEY to learn to do so is a horrible thing.

Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: August 15, 2007 06:19AM

hipo
I don't care how many people go to Africa to build schools. There's a thing called personal responsibility for those you love. Dropping everything and walking away from people who love you, after telling them "hey, I mislead you and made your life a living hell but I'm responsible now. See ya!", and PAYING MONEY to learn to do so is a horrible thing.

I'ma say this and you're gonna hate me for it: the ones leaving don't think it's a horrible thing. They're ... in denial, maybe? But I suppose it's not horrible if it becomes "the things you don't know you don't know."

Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: September 01, 2007 03:29PM

toneatronic
I have to say that I felt some of the same feelings the others posted.
After working with Landmark for almost a year now I have to say that my life has changed.
I can sympathise with the woman whos husband who cheated on her.
What's so is he finally stepped up to the plate and decided living a lie all his life wasnt where he wanted to be.
The raquets he was speaking of are familiar ways of being that dongt contribute to your life in a positive way.
Landmark is not a cult or brainwashing.
It opens your eyes to your own lack of integrity.
I've seen miracles happen.
A 2o year old carpenter who has no
direction in his life.
Deciding one of the things he wants to do
is go to africa and build a housing and
school for orpahns and getting people to sponsor
him to do it.
Or the business woman who hates her job
but dosnt have the courage to do any thing about it.
She quits starts her own company and through the law
of attraction is a huge success.
There are breakdowns and Breakthroughs.
Landmark only shows you the door ,you have
to step through it.
Have a truly great day , everything is possible!

you lost any critical thinking and compassion with people whatsoever, this is so scary about Landmark! You are just defending Landmark, and you are brainwashed ... no matter how some people suffer, you still think Landmark is great. If people suffer, it is their own fault ... This pattern of telling people, well someone has done that out of Landmark IS the brainwashing ... but you can't see it. You are a already Landmark sell-robot saying "Landmark is great" all the time

Re: Landmark, good or bad?
Posted by: katherine ()
Date: February 15, 2008 04:18AM

WE ALL KNOW LANDMARK IS BRAINWASHING AND IS A CULT. LETS NOT FORGET TO ALL BE AWARE OF THE FULL HISTORY BEGINING WITH EST AND ITS DERANGED FOUNDER. YOU DONT NEED TO PAY FOR HAPPINESS. PEOPLE ON EARTH HAVE HAD SMALL 7 HUGE BREAKTHROUGHS SINCE THE BEGINING OF THE HUMAN RACE. IS IT REALLY NESSASARY TO PAY TO LEARN HOW TO COMMUNICATE PROPERLY WITH OTHERS AND TO HAVE INTEGRITY(TELL THE TRUTH)?
THIS IS A FANTASTIC SITE.
FINALLY WE HAVE AN OUTLET TO FIGHT BACK.
MAYBE A FEW PROGRAMMERS OUT THERE CAN HELP BY GETTING THIS INFORMATION(COUNTER CULT SITES) TO THE TOP OF THE SEARCH LISTS INSTEAD OF LANDMARK'S PROPAGANDA COMING UP FIRST & HOGGING UP ALL THE FIRST FEW PAGES!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 15, 2008 09:54AM

Katherine:

No need to put everything in caps.

FYI--Google "Landmark Education" and you will see the Ross Institute subsection comes up on the first page of results.

Posted by: muzak ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:53AM

My buddy and his whole family got really into this a few years back, he didn't alienate his friends, however, he was gushing about landmark and it's benefits.

Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.