JLO and Jim Carrey into Scientology??
Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: December 14, 2006 11:49PM

Some new news reports are tying Jennifer Lopez and Jim Carrey to Scientology. If so, then that's very disappointing. These are two of my favorite entertainers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: December 15, 2006 02:14PM

Hehe. You should say "correction: WERE two of my favorite entertainers..."

Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: December 15, 2006 03:43PM

All of this does appear to stem from the guest list at the TomKat 'wedding'

The news from today is that Jim and J-Lo are both officially denying it - quite a few articles listed here on the subject.

[news.google.com.au]

[www.factnet.org]

Carrey, Jim (Actor):
"And some speak out, such as Jim Carrey and his good friend Nicholas Cage, with some crazy stunts. One time Carrey delighted in calling CC one day and getting them all in a tizzy at a big name calling them to ask about Scientology. Except Carrey wanted to sign up for the OT3 course. He had all these "things" on his body, he said, and he wanted to get rid of them. The execs freaked a bit, saying that he had to do other things first. No, no, Carrey said, I'll pay for all those. Get me on that body thetan course, that's the one for me! (I mean, can't you just imagine a Jim Carrey routine on body thetans?)" - Robert Vaughn Young.

[www.geocities.com]

The Scientology Experience
Jim Carrey and buddies Nicolas Cage and Crispin Glover decided to check out the Church of Scientology in Hollywood. Carrey said, "I tell you, that was a scene. The three of us walked in, and these Scientology people thought they'd died and gone to heaven. Crispin said, 'We'd like to, ah...look at, uh, the training film.' And they said, 'Oh, yes, come right this way.' They led us into this little theater and they showed us the Scientology promotional film and I watched Karen Black and different celebrities with this glazed look in their eyes talking about how Scientology saved their lives, saying things like 'I'm not workin', but I'm happy.' It was completely frightening!!!"

According to my WHO magazine Will Smith was also at the wedding and he has publically declined Tom Cruise's attempts to introduce him to Scientology.

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: December 15, 2006 03:48PM

I don't get it.

Was it a wedding - or a free "introduction session" to Scientology?

Apparently Tom Cruise did not have enough celebrity friends who weren't Scientologists, so his publicist had to invite her friends as well.

Then they stationed a scientologist spokesperson at every table to explain the "religion" to the guest celebrities.

Very creepy.

Here is a funny video version of their wedding:

[video.yahoo.com]

Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: December 15, 2006 09:46PM

Well it was a pretty mediocre wedding considering that it wasn't legal.

Posted by: xtb9 ()
Date: June 01, 2007 06:52AM

I think JLo is still a Catholic, but apparently her father has been a Scientologist for a long time. She apparently thinks Scientology is just like any other religion, and doesn't get why alot of people think Scientology is a dangerous cult.

_xtb9_

Maggie
Some new news reports are tying Jennifer Lopez and Jim Carrey to Scientology. If so, then that's very disappointing. These are two of my favorite entertainers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.