Robbie Williams Alien Cult??
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: November 20, 2006 11:50PM

Firstly I really like Robbie Williams but...

[b:80135d143f]The heartthrob singer hopes his bizarre alien faith will be as big as celebrity favourite, Scientology, which counts A-list stars like Tom Cruise and John Travolta among its followers.

He came up with the plan after reading about the late L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology - which teaches that aliens created the world.

He told BBC Radio 2 presenter Chris Evans: "If L. Ron Hubbard can start a cult, then so can I.

"I'm not going to start it right now because I'm too busy. But I want to do it. I think the cult will have to wait until next year. But it will be free and universal."

The religion would reportedly be aimed at people who share Robbie's long-running fixation with aliens.

Last year the singer claimed the world would soon be invaded by little green men.

He said: "I've been dreaming every night about UFO's. I can't wait to go to sleep at night because those dreams have been so brilliant.

"I think they are definitely on their way, seriously. Mark my words. From now until 2012 - watch out kids."

Robbie has also claimed he had premonitions San Francisco was going to be destroyed by an earthquake, but says extra-terrestrials prevented the disaster.[/b:80135d143f]That is the whole article from May this year, which can be found at : [www.lse.co.uk]

He has resorted to a lot of outlandish publicity stunts throughout his career. The video for Sin Sin Sin is a parody of cults (pretty clearly Krishnas in my opinion) very funny if you want to check it out.

[www.youtube.com]

Many of his songs have spiritual/supernatural theme and he has often spoken about a belief in aliens and ghosts and referred to 'God' - although he has no religious affiliation that I have ever heard mentioned.

His official website has a very alien theme and if you go there (www.robbiewilliams.com) you can take this quiz that asks a lot of bizarre questions but leads to absolutely nothing exept a message at the end saying that your answers will be assessed by 'someone somewhere' Before I heard about the cult idea I just thought it was stupid but now I am curious and just a little bit suspicious. Perhaps it is some sort of attempt at the personality tests that are so popular with Scientology?

I know that he does not have much, if any following in America, but he is huge in England and Europe and has fans in other parts of the world :

Britain's biggest-selling pop act of the 21st century, selling 6.3 million albums since 2000, narrowly beating Coldplay to the top rank. He also set a world record, as defined by the Guinness Book of Records, by selling over 1.6 million tickets for his 2006 world tour in one day on 19 November 2005.

Options: ReplyQuote
Robbie Williams Alien Cult??
Posted by: malleeboy ()
Date: January 10, 2007 11:06AM

Must say his latest song has got some interesting phrases and has him playing a cult leader but I think it mush more likely he is taking the pi$$. It has lots of attractive heavily pregnant women looking like cult members, with I presume the inference that he got them pregnant. the chorus is something like....
"Sin, sin sin, look where we've been and where we are tonight.
Hate the sin not sinner, I'm just after a glimmer of love.
Just relax its what Jesus would do, were made in his image, lets ride this thing through."

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.