Current Page: 2 of 6
Madonna - Kabbalah - Children
Posted by: surfer2 ()
Date: October 10, 2003 09:54PM

Unfortunatly I am unaware of such a centre [Philip Berg Centre.] I presume you mean the Kabbalah Centre, where Maddona studies - Hence the assumption that Maddona studies Kabbalah.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: October 11, 2003 12:01AM

surfer2

Quite the contrary, Kabbalah has been around for thousands of years - a section of Judaism. Judaism is the oldest religion of the western world. Hardly "New-age"..And phony? I personally dont see how you can comment.

I think many of you are being highly critical of some decent down to earth work on Madonna's part. If she has stated that the money will goto childrens charitys then - it will.

Madonna is not practicing "real" Kabballah. Its a flimsy "new-age" bastardized belief system.
The money is going to a "children's charity" all right. Its going to a non-profit corporation that serves as a propaganda tool for her "spiritual cult".

Madonna is a total sell-out. She has sold public sex-acts to make her career, and now she is selling a type of cult.
In my view she is some type of extreme narcissist. Even her childrens book is all about HER, just like everything else she does.
She has no credibility or integrity.
Warren Beaty said it the best in Madonna's phony documentary "Truth or Dare" when he said that nothing is worth doing for Madonna, unless it is on camera.
I believe she suffers from some type of mental illness, perhaps pathological narcissism, or Histrionic personality disorder.
She is one messed up woman, perhaps this is why she is involved in this Narcissistic Cult, to try and cope with her psychological pain and misery.

Coz

Date: October 11, 2003 02:56AM

[www.mentalhealth.com]

Histrionic Personality Disorder
Diagnostic Criteria
A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1) is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
2) interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
3) displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
4) consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self
5) has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
6) shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
7) is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are

Date: February 19, 2004 04:30AM

The recent [www.Cultnews.com] story about Madonna making a movie about the "prison experiment" is extremely fascinating.
Who knows, perhaps Madonna's Guru has encouraged her to make this film, as i would guess that this Guru knows all about that type of research and social dynamics.
It sort of reminds me of the incredible hubris of certain cultic type leaders, who will tell their followers what they are doing to them, as they are doing it to them, and still get away with it.

Perhaps Madonna's Guru thinks our entire society is a big "prison experiment", and that we should ALL do things his way?
We'll see...

Coz

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: February 19, 2004 08:32AM

Caught a re-run of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Madonna was his guest. She spewed forth every run-of-the-mill new-age catch phrase about intention and responsibility and our purpose, blah, blah, blah, and the audience loved it. She also marketed her new book, which she is doing as a spiritual what? lesson, homework assignment? Her guru suggested she do it and she was surprised at how doing something for no money could be very satisfying. Being that children's books have no point to them, and bad artwork, she chose to do these books. But, the parents get a spiritual message, too, when they read Madonna's books to their children. Gag. Funniest part was to see how judgemental she was of other guests (the guy who is the fastest bra unfastener undid the bras of 20+ women in 17 seconds ) How unenlightened can you get?

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 19, 2004 12:11PM

When you're really infected by a cult, your own rationality is no longer yours. It has become a sock puppet that is operated by the cult personality, while your own personality is suppressed.

Posted by: carolz ()
Date: February 26, 2004 12:22AM

Kaballah is a mystical Jewish practice. Origins are fuzzy, but traceable to about the 13th century or so.

I study Kaballah as a supplement to my Wicca studies (I am a licensed minister), but belong to no cult and I'm very anti-cult. I joined this forum to find out about the ManKind Project and whether it's a cult. I don't appreciate the snotty comments about Kaballah like it's something evil -- it is definitely NOT!

The Kaballah Center *might* be a cult, or just a NewAge high-price thing for bored rich celebrities to do and a scoundrel of a rabbi is profiting from them.

I recommend to everyone here (including Rick Ross) the Advanced Bonewits Cult Danger Evaluation Frame (ABCDEF) on neopagan.net. This is a tool created by a Wiccan/Pagan to evaluate *any* kind of group for cultic tendencies, and very helpful! The Kaballah Center might score high on money, but low on control of the lives of its members. Dunno myself.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 26, 2004 01:17AM

Carolz:

The study of the Kaballah per se is not the problem.

The complaints are about the specific behavior within the so-called "Kaballah Centre" run by Philip Berg, that Madonna attends and is constantly promoting.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

Date: February 26, 2004 02:11AM

What Madonna is doing is not "real" Kaballah. Its just some new-agey goofy pseudo-philosophy, and they call it Kaballah for some reason.

Any legitimate spiritual tradition can be perverted, and bastardized.
"Kaballah" in that sense is just a "word label", what matters is what is actually being done.

Coz

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 26, 2004 03:38AM

A very good checklist!

Check it out right here at:

[www.neopagan.net]

Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.