Beck and Scientology
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 18, 2006 11:44AM

Beck, the musician, was on TV selling Scientology again, and the media interviewers were kissing up to him again, as usual. He must request that they give him 60 secs for Scientology in each interview.

Its interesting, Beck is also a high-school dropout, like Tom Cruise, etc.

Also, Beck said he "does not recognize" the Scientology of the media. That could be a lie, or it could be true. Perhaps the celebrities are shielded from what really goes on, and they just don't care to look into it. Too self-centered?

Beck creeps me out, speaking in a monotone like he does.
But I bet he brings a lot of young kids into Scientology for them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Beck and Scientology
Date: October 18, 2006 10:01PM

Drop-outs form a large part of Scientology's target audience? From all that I've read, it sounds little more than remedial schooling for people who haven't learned sufficiently fast. I recall Milton or Myles or whatever his name is, spruiking here on the forum about Scientology, telling everyone the church had helped him not get angry about losing wallets.

Beck and Scientology
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: October 18, 2006 11:11PM

Beck is not your average high school dropout. His mom is a former actress and part of Andy Warhol's Factory crowd. He was around celebrities his whole life, and got his big break in the music industry while still a teen, thanks to his mother's connections.

Beck and Scientology
Posted by: Kastlefeer ()
Date: November 02, 2006 04:23PM

Geeze and I liked Beck too ... well my only option now is to start a political party that taxes churches, redistrubutes the funds into educational scholarships for rational and critical thinking, hard sciences and skepticism. Possibly instate a hard science council oligarchy over the other bodies typically found in governance replete with legislative veto powers. Hell maybe someday people will grow a brain. Hey but at least we're free ;D At least some are ... do you think the military comissions act might limit the average persons access to habeus corpus?

Sorry for more skree, I'm just a very sad person lately. Should focus on more positive things perhaps...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.