Gwyneth Paltrow, Goop and Unsubstantiated Claims
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 11, 2020 11:34PM

Gwyneth Paltrow is straight-up trolling her critics now

Just watch the trailer for her new Netflix series.
By Julia Belluz@juliaoftorontojulia.belluz@voxmedia.com Jan 10, 2020, 10:30am EST

Gwyneth Paltrow is straight-up trolling her critics now

[www.theguardian.com]

At one point, there was a plan for US Condé Nast, publisher of the New Yorker and many others, to publish a regular Goop magazine – but that fell through. Why? Well, according to Paltrow, because Condé Nast does things “in a very old-school way” and by “old-school” I think she means “actually fact-checks things so they don’t publish a load of garbage”. Condé Nast just wouldn’t publish health recommendations made by Goop’s “healers” that weren’t backed up by actual, y’know, science. Like, for example, steaming your vagina and sticking a jade egg up it, both of which Goop recommended and both of which were thoroughly and entertainingly debunked by gynaecologist Jen Gunter.

At one point, there was a plan for US Condé Nast, publisher of the New Yorker and many others, to publish a regular Goop magazine – but that fell through. Why? Well, according to Paltrow, because Condé Nast does things “in a very old-school way” and by “old-school” I think she means “actually fact-checks things so they don’t publish a load of garbage”. Condé Nast just wouldn’t publish health recommendations made by Goop’s “healers” that weren’t backed up by actual, y’know, science. Like, for example, steaming your vagina and sticking a jade egg up it, both of which Goop recommended and both of which were thoroughly and entertainingly debunked by gynaecologist Jen Gunter.

[www.theguardian.com]

Sorry, Gwyneth Paltrow, but steaming your vagina is a bad idea

Paltrow’s lifestyle site goop.com recommends an “infrared and mugwort steam” treatment. Dr Ann Robinson suggests you think before straddling the kettle

Corboy note:

How many blokes would do this to themselves?

Gwyneth Paltrow didn't want Condé Nast to fact-check Goop articles
This article is more than 1 year old

Partnership between publisher and lifestyle site to produce a magazine fell apart due to ‘old-school’ rules, actor says

[www.theguardian.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2020 11:41PM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow, Goop and Unsubstantiated Claims
Posted by: facet ()
Date: January 24, 2020 10:56PM

This whole scenario and business makes me cringe, I hope it’s shut down soon.

Apparently, the UK Royals who just left for Canada are planning a similar business, maybe minus scented candles of specific body parts though on the same ‘wellness’ type lines.

It is an awful trend which I think is only fuelled by the fact that Gwyneth is free to carry on with hers and despite the BS, hasn’t been shut down.

Goop's Implicit Message That Death Is Not Real
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 31, 2020 09:44PM

What Goop Really Offers: Avoiding the Terror of a Certain Death
The whole wellness movement is rooted not in health, but in death.
by Shayla Love
Feb 13 2018, 10:38am

[www.vice.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.