Gov. Mitt Romney and Mormonism and the USA presidential race
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: January 28, 2012 09:49AM

Former Governor Mitt Romney is a well respected Mormon (LDS). I know that "Mormonism" is NO LONGER considered a cult, but it is a "questionable" religion of fairly recent origins (1820's).

Does anyone see his religion playing a role in the US presidential race? Personally, I am apolitical here. This is NOT a political thread. Do NOT post your personal poilitical opinions.

I personally think that once the aspects of the LDS rituals, beliefs (becoming gods and populating planets with their offspring) that this could, on a national scale, hamper someone with national political asperations. There are many politicians in the USA who are LDS. These are local and state elections.

I think that on a NATIONAL scale, the LDS will be a negative in many voters minds.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gov. Mitt Romney and Mormonism and the USA presidential race
Date: January 28, 2012 09:55AM

Furthermore, this forum is NOT POLITCIAL. So when a major (USA) politician enters the scene who has a religion of question it is a fine line to walk to post on this within forum rules. Again...DO NOT POST POLITICS. Stick to Mormonism and mainstream America. Thanks.

Re: Gov. Mitt Romney and Mormonism and the USA presidential race
Date: January 29, 2012 10:39AM

Personally, I think that an open "Mormon" has as much chance of winning the USA presidency as does an open Scientologist, an open Jehovah's Witness, or an open Satanist. It can't happen.

I could be wrong.

(I would prefer voting for an open "Rationalist")

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.