Current Page: 1 of 16
Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Posted by: glam ()
Date: May 24, 2005 10:13PM

He's really out there, hitting the talk shows and screaming about his love for his new gf, while she remains quiet and scurries away when he tries to drag her onstage on Oprah (Oprah sees nothing odd about his behavior, BTW).

From a recent article:

May 23, 2005

Has Tom Cruise received a medical degree in his spare time? The megastar is openly questioning the treatment Brooke Shields received for her crippling postpartum depression, a struggle she details in her new memoir, "Down Came the Rain."

Tom, sticking close to Scientology's anti-psychiatry party line, believes Shields, despite experiencing what she has described as suicidal thoughts, should have avoided taking the anti-depressant drug Paxil following the birth of her daughter, Rowan, in 2003.

"These drugs are dangerous. I have actually helped people come off," Cruise proselytizes, er, says, in an interview with Access Hollywood set to air Thursday (via the New York Daily News). "When you talk about postpartum, you can take people today, women, and what you do is you use vitamins."

According to Dr. Tom, "There is a hormonal thing that is going on, scientifically, you can prove that. But when you talk about emotional, chemical imbalances in people, there is no science behind that. You can use vitamins to help a woman through those things."

(And somewhere, a "War of the Worlds" marketing exec smacks his forehead and tries to convince himself that moms really won't comprise too much of the movie's opening weekend audience.)

[entertainment.msn.com]

Glam

Options: ReplyQuote
Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: May 25, 2005 09:35AM

G,

Do or any others have a sense that Oprah may have been lec-"compromised" in the past ? (or some other group?) just curious...

THaNX...

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: May 25, 2005 10:19PM

I think so. Certainly her jump-starting Dr. Phil's showbiz career is telling.

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: May 28, 2005 03:38AM

I don't know what the hell is up with Oprah.
She might just believe that "God is everything" so its all good.

Or who knows, maybe its all just business to her.

Also, having crazed White Women SCREAM for you everyday and Worship you like a Goddess, might make anyone nutty.

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Posted by: dorkulon ()
Date: June 01, 2005 06:32AM

The answers you seek are here.

[img:dd7d9584f1]http://buffalobeast.com/Images/cruise2.jpg[/img:dd7d9584f1]

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Posted by: SarahL ()
Date: June 02, 2005 11:21PM

The New York Times, June 2, in The Arts section, has an article titled "How Personal is Too Personal? Tom Cruise's Effusive 'Oprah' Appearance Raises Hollywood Eyebrows.", by Sharon Waxman. Includes still photos of Tom jumping on Oprah's TV set couch, yelling, and grappling with her. Those photos speak a thousand words.

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: June 03, 2005 03:35AM

[www.seattleweekly.com]

A good opinion piece on Tom's behavior.

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: June 03, 2005 09:30AM

One good thing that's coming out of this is that more writers are pointing out the strangeness of Scientology, even talking about the beliefs about aliens and clams. It's time more people started hearing what this group is about.

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: June 03, 2005 10:57AM

glam
One good thing that's coming out of this is that more writers are pointing out the strangeness of Scientology, even talking about the beliefs about aliens and clams. It's time more people started hearing what this group is about.

I very much agree. Tom in his own fashion is becoming a spokesperson for the [b:ef0e9afd1d]true[/b:ef0e9afd1d] Scientology. He is living proof of what happens to members.

I've noticed also more buzz and awareness of Sciento-illogical oddities.

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Posted by: Savernake ()
Date: June 06, 2005 05:59PM

glam
One good thing that's coming out of this is that more writers are pointing out the strangeness of Scientology, even talking about the beliefs about aliens and clams.

[i:59012ff89d]Clams[/i:59012ff89d]? What do scientologists believe about clams? (um, besides that they're good with linguine?)

Current Page: 1 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.