Current Page: 30 of 31
Re: The Zeitgeist Movement (TZM)
Posted by: VTV ()
Date: July 13, 2012 05:51AM

jimjesus
VTV

JimJesus, (Machwon) Do you recall making this statement on the Skeptic forums?

"I will admit this: I have seen Mario use very sensational and sometimes misleading titles for his videos and blogs. I have seen Kush publish information that turned out inaccurate when new evidence has surfaced. I can't speak for the occult aspects of it as I am not well versed in occultism. (note: occult isn't a cult)"

Not asking to debate you, just asking you to share your expiriences. That is all.

I don't see how this has any relevance to what I'm saying. Please do not try to redirect the conversation.

Nah, it's relevant.

[i925.photobucket.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: james kush ()
Date: July 13, 2012 09:36PM

Im sure I can guess this person was
a) a troll
b) liar
c) taken out of context
d) invented by a critic

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 13, 2012 10:21PM

There's been a lot of grim and ugly exhanges on other venues.

When things get nasty at a personal level, (disclosure of private information and cruel ridicule) it robs one of crediblity.

Here, what is usefl would be to offer information in the manner that Skeptic did, describing the actual time and money commitment a ZM member is going to give.

And whether disagreement and suggestions are respected or treated as affronts.

Going by the screenshot from the old ZM forum, it appears ZM is a clubhouse for a favored few.

Date: July 13, 2012 10:37PM

corboy
There's been a lot of grim and ugly exhanges on other venues.

When things get nasty at a personal level, (disclosure of private information and cruel ridicule) it robs one of crediblity.

Here, what is usefl would be to offer information in the manner that Skeptic did, describing the actual time and money commitment a ZM member is going to give.

And whether disagreement and suggestions are respected or treated as affronts.

Going by the screenshot from the old ZM forum, it appears ZM is a clubhouse for a favored few.

There were thousands of users on the Zeitgeist Forums. It was not a favored few.

It started out being open to anyone. But as Serval pointed out earlier, it got to the point that it was a mangled mess and you had to sift through a lot of unrelated garbage to get to anything TZM related.

And as I pointed out, Skeptic outright lied in his post. He claimed that people on the "List of people to consider blocking from facebook" were "off limits to members". This was an obvious intentional lie. And I used a screenshot from the blog he was quoting from to prove it. That should cause a loss of credibility. Nevermind his obvious use of cult buzz words for things that had transpired that could also be completely mundane. (Shunning, for example).

And since all of this re-started here, the retaliation against me on their blogs has resumed.

Date: July 13, 2012 10:43PM

james kush
Im sure I can guess this person was
a) a troll
b) liar
c) taken out of context
d) invented by a critic

Well, without the context of the thread I cannot provide you with an answer. They said the thread was closed and that means it was locked. Sometimes moderators lock threads when people cannot seem to remain civil during the discourse in that thread. Threads about particularly controversial subjects tend to break down into ad hominem and personal attack faster then others.

So if TZM was the first organization in the universe to lock threads on their forums that have gotten out of hand maybe you would have something. But it's not. So you don't.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 13, 2012 10:49PM

To see where TZM's site fits in, here is data from a variety of site analysers.

Vast variation in financial worth. One site estimates TZM as worth 16,930 USD-the first analyser site is much more detailed, especially its helpful graphs of internet traffic, by days, months, year, etc

The second site estimates total net worth at :$311,884 USD

[www.freewebsitereport.org]

Thezeitgeistmovement.com is ranked #142,293 in the world according to Alexa traffic rankings.

Thezeitgeistmovement.com has Google pagerank #6. The estimated website net worth and values based on its advertising revenue is around $16,930.

Thezeitgeistmovement.com receives 7,731 pageviews per day and generates nearly $23.19 every day in advertising revenue. The average page load time is 1 seconds, which is faster than 52% of sites around the world.

Thezeitgeistmovement.com has website backlinks from #2217 website. Thezeitgeistmovement.com has a popular site score rating of 1 out of 5 Stars. Thezeitgeistmovement.com appears to be hosted in United States. Thezeitgeistmovement.com hosted on domaincontrol.com.
Domain Name Thezeitgeistmovement.com
Google Page Rank
Alexa WebSite Rank #142,293
Change In Ranking Newly Added
Estimated Ad Revenue $23.19 Daily, $696 Monthly
Daily Page Views 7,731 Views
Total Backlinks 2,217 [Free WebSite Backlinks Report]
Last Updated 05th Jul 2012

[www.websiteanalyzer.org]

www.thezeitgeistmovement.com Page Analyse , Value , Pagespeed , Seo Score , Backlinks etc.
Informations.
Domain name:www.thezeitgeistmovement.com
Site value:$311,884
Google pagerank:6 Alexa rank:109,518
Seo score:59% Last update date : 68 days ago

Graph for unique views shows a decline (perhaps because the TZM forum was taken down and social interaction is moving to other venues-Corboy_

Other sites

http://www.statscrop.com/www/thezeitgeistmovement.com

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:03PM

Please do not repeate the same posts over and over again.

And also stay on topic, which is TZM, not "flame wars".

Posts at this thread are becoming rather redundant.

Posted by: skeptic23 ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:23PM

My initial interest in monitoring TZM came about due to the drastic differences in the groups philosophy vs. the way the organization was lead. I found it rather interesting that members of the organization wanted a form of direct democracy but decisions regarding the direction, messaging and imagery of the organization were entirely controlled from the top down. Sometimes even to the chagrin of those at the bottom doing the actual legwork to promote the organization. I found myself wondering how they could overlook such a glaring contradiction. The only explanation I could think of is that the members on the bottom of the pyramid had so much emotional investment in the goals of the organization that they were willing to overlook the glaring contradictions. I've always been interested in how people can rationalize their way through cognitive dissonance, and monitoring TZM's forums were a constant source of watching people do exactly that.

I will not attempt to assume the motives of those at the top of the pyramid. It is pointless to speculate as to whether they are con artists or true believers. The only thing one can look at is the results, and the results have so far been more and more central control as interest in the organization wanes.

Posted by: skeptic23 ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:51PM

Another thing I might mention is TZM becoming an activist arm of The Venus Project. TZM was initially sort of like AboveTopSecret and sites like that: a place for people to discuss conspiracies, alternative history, psueo-science and things of that nature. On a whim, Peter Joseph Merola decided that Jordan Maxwell was no longer his inspirational figure and hero, but Jacque Fresco was. Instantly and overnight TZM changed into existing for the sole purpose of advocating Jacque Frescos ideas. This is why the forums were a constant battle between those wanting to promote fringe ideas and those wanting to promote The Venus Project. This schism has never been resolved and I doubt it can ever be resolved due to Zeitgeist: The Movie being TZM's greatest recruitment tool, which Peter Joseph Merola has admitted to on more than one occasion. This was the reason why, despite constant requests from members to do so, he refused to distance TZM from the first film. He never did distance himself from that film, but instead doubled down on it by working with notorious pseudo-historian Acharya S (D.M. Murdock) to prop up the questionable material in Zeitgeist: The Movie with more questionable material from Acharya S.

Date: July 14, 2012 01:44AM

skeptic23
Another thing I might mention is TZM becoming an activist arm of The Venus Project. TZM was initially sort of like AboveTopSecret and sites like that: a place for people to discuss conspiracies, alternative history, psueo-science and things of that nature. On a whim, Peter Joseph Merola decided that Jordan Maxwell was no longer his inspirational figure and hero, but Jacque Fresco was. Instantly and overnight TZM changed into existing for the sole purpose of advocating Jacque Frescos ideas. This is why the forums were a constant battle between those wanting to promote fringe ideas and those wanting to promote The Venus Project. This schism has never been resolved and I doubt it can ever be resolved due to Zeitgeist: The Movie being TZM's greatest recruitment tool, which Peter Joseph Merola has admitted to on more than one occasion. This was the reason why, despite constant requests from members to do so, he refused to distance TZM from the first film. He never did distance himself from that film, but instead doubled down on it by working with notorious pseudo-historian Acharya S (D.M. Murdock) to prop up the questionable material in Zeitgeist: The Movie with more questionable material from Acharya S.

This is false.

There was no "TZM" until after Zeitgeist Addendum. "TZM" came into existence after the release of that film and did not exist as an entity at all before then.

Secondly, Peter's interest in Acharya and all of that stuff is his own. He has even directly told us that TZM will not be spreading her work.

It is important to remember that the first film was part of an art project that he was doing while he was a music major in school. He never intended for it to become this huge deal. Some people liked the video accompaniment to his musical presentation and suggested he put it on the internet. It never occurred to him that it would become this big thing that it did.

This video shows a clip from that presentation. If you listen closely you can hear Peter playing the percussion instruments in the background.

[www.youtube.com]

There was no "movement" at this point.

There are many members of TZM who do not subscribe to much of the content of the first film. (Me included.) And the movement is not about the first film.

Current Page: 30 of 31

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.