Thank You
Posted by: DavidWish ()
Date: February 05, 2011 01:17AM

Hi Rick and other forum members,

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate what you all do here. I have heard for years about deprogramming and people working in the field of trying to help others avoid cults. I never really gave it that much thought. I just figured that no one would get to me with BS, and although I did approve of correctly helping people, I felt my calling in life was helping in a different way. Because of this, I never really, generally, looked into what it is that you are doing.

I have been through a lot of hard things in my life and I have reached a point where I am becoming all too aware of the consequences of my own poor choices. Pure logic for the common good involves the best for everyone. I have found that the resources you provide are exceptionally well put together and to be one of the most condensed, easily understood, and as on spot as possible.

It sure is interesting how various careers or works in life can be easily corrupted by others and/or to others, while they are doing their work.
Example: Person becomes a medical doctor to help people and make money. Possibly ends up hurting others from corruption, drugs, or other poor choices and influence.
Example: Person is injured and goes for medical help and is actually taken advantage of because of another's poor choices.
My point being: What you teach here helps defend others in so many ways. It is profoundly important and unusual in the fact that even if you step out of line, it would be likely that others that have gotten some education here would see it, and be able to think for themselves if something is out of line, and identify it quickly, and to probably be able to provide back the proper educational feedback to return the favor. It’s almost always a win/win situation.

I have made many mistakes myself and have looked for good information from various sources. I have seen others that have gone through similar events end up on doctor prescribed drugs and go though years of psychological help. Same is true for me with physical pain. Unfortunately, many never really recover. They are being taken advantage of by their doctors or their doctors are not very good. It really is sad. There is so much information out there.

I heard on the radio about the psychiatric drug companies being sued for their clinical trial results and the ones that sued and finally got the results, said that the results showed that only when the drugs are used with counseling, is there any positive result. I'm sorry, no link to back this up. The point being that I believe, where the problems are not chemically or physically caused, the drugs are only for stabilization to provide for the proper counseling and understanding. All too often, those that provide the counseling are ill-equipped or possible sick themselves. This is terrible situation. I am sure you all know the danger of having a doctor operate that is “not together” for any reason.

Many of the things I have read here have not only reaffirmed my positive beliefs, but also point out to me many of the mistakes I have made, time and time again. Whether it is not communicating properly, causing harm to others, or something else, it helps “me” very much to have references to honestly reflect my own choices against. With that reflection based on proper resources, I can see usually see the “why” in my own poor choices. This makes correction easier. Even if not, I can see I have to get to that, “why”, because I am probably way out of line if I fall into any of those categories of persuasive behavior.

I think the resources here are clearly simplified and provide so much for all relationships within our lives. When healthy people talk about doing the right things to fix the issues of this world, they eventually get stuck right here, if they make it that far. They realize that an agenda, even a gravely important one, can only be properly reached though non-intrusive education. They are stuck in their work because as they put it, “There is no time left for discussion.” This may be true and they may be right. I personally agree on many areas. I just want to note that I believe any so called “real solution” to world issues will always “avoid” telling others what to do, and encourage flexibility whenever possible. I believe people need to make positive choices for themselves and that in most cases; they can, if they only had a way through the maze of lies to the proper resources of information.

I believe you, and many of your members here, and the authors you recommend, provide a good solid foundation for a healthy life. What you all focus on and accomplish with helping others get out of cults, etc., is an awesome thing.

The added value? Well, you are all doing a lot more than that. It really is, so much more. Many might say, “It’s too little, too late.” I happen to agree, but I am hoping I am wrong. Either way, you all did more than your part and your accomplishments should be noted.

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thank You
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 05, 2011 01:37AM

DavidWish:

I don't quite understand why your are posting at the board.

Has a specific "cult" or group hurt you?

What is the name of the group?

Date: February 05, 2011 02:04AM

I originally found this place because of a hit on Google involving the Christ Family. I spent about a year, with one or a few people on the road, about 30 years ago.

Since then, I have had some very painful physical damage to my body, added on top of years of painful emotional abuse. I found myself committing mistakes in working with those I loved. I personally shunned all the drugs for pain. I was too scared of addiction, having kids and all.

I ended up being addicted to sex, and being abusive is some ways. It was never my intention, but I did go there. Finding this site has really helped my recovery. I first must understand and then I can make better choices. I have a long way to go, but I think I can avoid more obstacles now. We all make mistakes. I needed better information on how to be a better person. By helping me see when I am out of line, you have all helped me, my family, my friends, and all those I meet. We are all so delicate.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 05, 2011 02:17AM

DavidWish:

As you know there is a thread specifically devoted to discussion about "Christ Family."

See [forum.culteducation.com]

There is also a section that has information about recovery.

See [www.culteducation.com]

There is also a directory of professional counseling services.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Date: February 05, 2011 02:56AM

I am aware of those threads. :) I guess what I am trying to say, in addition to the thank you, is that I recommend other readers that feel they don't need to explore this place because they are not a "push over", may want to reconsider the fact that they themselves are probably making some "persuasive" mistakes in their lives and review of additional information here is a great way to help identify abusive behaviors in yourself too. It doesn't take too long to make some headway at self-improvement. Cults, brainwashing, mind control, etc., are horrible and terrible things. I, for one, do not want to be associated with any of the mental traits of the sicko's that do these things. Using some of the clear-cut characteristics of abusive controlling people, that are provided here, I can more easily identify areas of myself that need improvement. I feel many others would probably agree. I certainly want to reflect a healthy mind as an example for my own children. Perhaps others may too. We can only hope and try to make better choices. A human being that makes better choices is of benefit to all. Perhaps others will chime in with their views. I appreciate your time. Keep up the good work!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.