More about ICOC
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: July 14, 2002 12:47AM

I took a class in accounting and one of the students GK was a member of the ICOC. He tried to recruit people in the class but no one went to his bible studies.
I went to a party run by them. There was mixed dancing, unlike some churches.
They got me to go to a Bible Study because I wanted to scope out the church.
The study was lead by SL. He told me to read one of the Gospels and to make notes on a pad that he gave me. I read the Gospel, took notes, but I didn't bring the notes with me to the next meeting. Man, was he incensed. He started talking to me in a loud voice like I was his little boy.
He told me he wasn't going to waste any time on me and how by rejecting the Bible, it "will condemn you everytime".
Another time (I told GK that I could still hang out with him), that from what I learned in Yeshiva, the miracles of the Bible were scientifically based. Someone in the study group told me that the sun stopping in the sky during the battle with the Amalekites (Joshua 10) would have required the sun to go into retrograde and that would have neccesitated a miracle.
Now, I'm not an astronomer, I was a business major. But as far as I know, no one else noticed this event when it supposedly happened and I'm sure it's just a fiction.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.