Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: Debunking Samael Aun Weor
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 05, 2011 09:20PM

And it may be that the copyright has expired on Blavatsky's material.

Her output was vast. So it is an excellent source of raw material for anyone cooking up
yet another movement.

And this material has been so widespread in various forms all through the culture that elements of it will seem familiar.

Many of us forget that we have encountered something and when we are later reintroduced, it seems like a religious revealation when what we are experiencing is
known as cryptoamnesia.

Of course, if this is interpreted not as cryptoamnesia but as Destiny, and a mighty sign one has met one's guru and is--potentially--a member of the gnostic elect, needing only a bit, just a bit of further training, you're stuck.

And kept too busy to imagine that your teacher has merely appropriated material from other, older sources.

Blavatsky reportedly had relatives who were practicing Freemasons. Her family were Baltic Russian aristocrats and very many members of the Russian elite were interested in Western esotericism and were active members of Masonic lodges. In the 18th century, both Casanova and later, Girolamo Cagliostro travelled throughout Europe via their own membership in lodges, and both visited Baltic Germany (then Courland) and then went on to visit high society in Petersberg, thanks to the many Masons who offered them help and hospitality.

It is entirely possible that as a charming young girl, Blavatsky may have learned a thing or two from her male relatives who were Masons, and later from her chum Olcott. Masonic material is all through her books, plus misunderstood versions of Buddhism, Egyptian cosmology and Hinduism.

Blavatsky hated the forces of science and moderism and saw these as conflicting with spiritual development. She would have had a good chuckle had she known that her material would help others in thier careers.

See Peter Washington's Madame Blavatsky's Baboon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: E.P. Grondine ()
Date: April 06, 2011 02:36AM

Hi corboy -

Its nice to have some one to compare notes with and to share information with.

An end to cryptoamnesia.

Blavatsky actually got her a lot of her materials from Augustus and Alice LePlongeon.

Factually, most modern re-incarnation cults don't use Blavatsky's materials so much as Augustus and Alice Le Plongeon's and their followers: first off, Lilian Bense to Baird T. Spaulding, then on to his exploiters Howard John Zitko and Robert D. Stelle, followed by Richard Kieninger, followed in modern times by David Hatcher Childress and Duncan Roads.

Another trail out from the LePlongeons lies through Harvey Spencer Lewis.

And then there's the trail through "The Aquarian Gospel".

Your observations about the social conditions of cult leaders agrees well with what I've observed. I had thought to use a Marxist lumpen prole framework for analysis, but yours is far better operationally. The cult leaders want to make themselves "special", as do their followers.

My thinking is that undoubtedly making any of these writings on which copyright has expired freely available will reduce the money going to those who are exploiting them. Your thoughts?

Date: April 07, 2011 01:20PM

clearlight
Hi Lone Flame, if you want to examine the books of SAW without wasting any money,time or space I recommend joining < SCRIBD >. You will find virtually everything on there. Good luck.

Thanks! That will give me more money to put towards getting back old movies, video games, books, music and hobby material I threw away while I was under the influence of SAW's "gnosis" :D

What's very important, is that we all need to get enough information out that will prevent the SAW gnostic groups from gaining a lot of the last potential amount of momentum before 2043 comes around (according to one of his interviews, that's when Hercolubus will come). I think that after 2012 comes and goes, they'll start using that date and rake in the cash from gullible English speakers seeking answers to life until 2043. After that, SAW will start fading into a bad memory. Unfortunately, there will always be cults and I dread the day one like SAW's appears again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2011 01:21PM by Lone_Flame_of_Eternity.

Date: April 07, 2011 08:46PM

Here is a lesson for seekers everywhere.

If you see posters all over town in the cafes, laundromats, good posters, advertising some group (gnostic or a guru or 'meditation') and those posters are top quality, well designed, glossy paper and say the lessons are free--

Ask yourself where the money or donated labor and facilities came from to get those posters printed and distributed where YOU would see them.

1) There is the cost of the glossy paper and designing and then printing those posters.

Remind yourself how much it costs to use the color printer at Kinko's. Ouchie.

2) Those posters are often distributed indoors at cafes, laundromats, lobbies, where those nicely colored posters will not be vandalized or rained on. Who distributed them?

3) The website and phone number'/s on the poster. How much did that cost?

4) Meeting spaces and (especially) retreat facilities. Who pays for that?

So..at what point does this group that offers free intro lessons get hold of the money and donated labor to do print runs of top quality posters and all the other things on that list?

And at what point are you, the seeker, going to be persuaded to go from paying for those free lessons to paying money and donating your labor?

Do you know who the leaders are and who elses money brought that poster into existence that caught your eye--and positioned it at a good indoor location right where it caught your eyes while you were sipping your coffee or waiting at the laundromat?

If a group claims free lessons but has the money to put up expensive and well produced posters year after year, whose money is it, and when are you gonna be the one who ponies up?

And who are these people?

Date: April 11, 2011 01:45AM

Is it me or are many major modern gnosis sites closing their forums to the public or closing them outright? I've been browsing a lot of the sites of older gnostic groups and it looks like their game is finally starting be revealed to the public; as a result they're closing a lot of their public stuff down because of it.

Interesting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 01:46AM by Lone_Flame_of_Eternity.

Posted by: clearlight ()
Date: April 14, 2011 04:50PM

Lone_Flame_of_Eternity
Is it me or are many major modern gnosis sites closing their forums to the public or closing them outright? I've been browsing a lot of the sites of older gnostic groups and it looks like their game is finally starting be revealed to the public; as a result they're closing a lot of their public stuff down because of it.

Interesting.

I agree. I noticed one particular site, based in the USA, closed their public forum a few days after a particularly interesting post seemed to expose the plagiarism of VM Gomez, (SAW) and the followers or defenders seemed to justify it until they actually got involved with the discussion and their questions were answered. It appeared then that one of the senior teachers saw the danger of further discussion and giving a predictable response, ( Samael is great and we don't care what you think) locked the topic and changed the whole structure of the site with no more public forum.
For the post just google " the practice of zen 1959".

This is the problem for Sam's groups now, as they try to expand into a world that is becoming more aware of cults and their fanatical yet subtle characteristics.
Imagine, they are now trying to sell "the Perfect Matrimony" on Amazon. Yet in the first few pages there is a disgraceful attack on homosexuals and homosexuality, saying they are doomed to hell, failures, could never achieve spiritual realisation etc. This was the "spiritual" side of Gomez speaking? It was probably safe for him to speak like that in 1950's Colombia, but not any more.
The groups now try to appear more credible by embracing that which is popular, Buddhism, Kabbalah etc, but when we look at Gomez's ideas, he begins to appear more and more unstable. Outrageous prophecies, constant plagiarism while boasting he received his teachings from the "superior worlds", and a not inconsiderable quantity of bitterness pervade his "works".
The groups are now finding out what it feels like to be stuck. They cannot bring their Gospel to the world as it is so they must dress it up in some new clothes. When the public finds out what is really going on then they have to close or turn inwards. Maybe they will even feel persecuted as the Gnostics of old were, but it will not wash this time as we, the population of the planet, have already been denounced as intellectual animals, infrahumans and cockroach brains so as we have been insulted by the Great Avatar, his people can hardly expect to be applauded for maintaining his view. Ciao.

Date: April 17, 2011 05:47AM

clearlight
Imagine, they are now trying to sell "the Perfect Matrimony" on Amazon. Yet in the first few pages there is a disgraceful attack on homosexuals and homosexuality, saying they are doomed to hell, failures, could never achieve spiritual realisation etc.

Have you also noticed that they won't let you look in the book on Amazon? I bet that's so a casual browser for spiritual books won't find attacks on homosexuality and be put off about buying it.

clearlight
I agree. I noticed one particular site, based in the USA, closed their public forum a few days after a particularly interesting post seemed to expose the plagiarism of VM Gomez, (SAW) and the followers or defenders seemed to justify it until they actually got involved with the discussion and their questions were answered. It appeared then that one of the senior teachers saw the danger of further discussion and giving a predictable response, ( Samael is great and we don't care what you think) locked the topic and changed the whole structure of the site with no more public forum.
For the post just google " the practice of zen 1959".

Yes, I saw that thread. The final day of posting in it is March 16; the forum closed on March 25. I saved it as a PDF because the moderators are going to extract the "useful posts" and take the rest of it offline. If I wasn't in the middle of writing projects I would spend as much of my waking hours examining the threads and saving them. I'm burning up my free time just to reply to this thread, as you brought up a very relevant point.

There is also a very neat thread which almost immediately predated the announcement of the closure of the forums dated Monday Mar 21, 2011 at 3:33 am entitled "What will it mean to the gnostic movement if ..." the body of the message reads "...hercobulos (sic) never shows up ?" A student replied:

I have never investigated or read about this subject deeply, but I do know that the end times are mentioned in many, if not all, of the world's spiritual traditions. Nothing can go on forever. Even those with no spiritual inclinations can see that the world is in trouble. The world economy is faltering, natural disasters are everywhere, and many nations now possess nuclear weapons in great numbers. When the end does come, I doubt anyone will care to debate whether it matched his or her expectations of the events. :?

If you would like to read more about what the Master himself wrote, perhaps this will be of use to you:
Peace and the Third World War

The original poster replied:

"but are all the troubles of the world man made / gov. made or is there something real wrong going on."

No one else has replied to that and it hasn't been locked (in order to not raise suspicion, I presume). I recommend looking it up before it gets taken down. Several hours later at 1:28 pm, the announcement of the forums comes up, citing that the forums have ceased to fulfill their purpose. I bet they panicked after seeing a thread that questions them like that. Someone replied on the announcement thread:

Ah it must be for the best.

The brainwashing has done its work. There must be some "divine" purpose to closing the forums, according to all those followers.

It sickens me to read things like "When the end does come..."; it's almost like they derive pleasure from awaiting the end of the world. I remember feeling that very same thing under that stuff. I also remember starting to feel very bitter against regular people, but I no longer feel that way since I've learned effective coping mechanisms to safeguard against the emotional states that brought me to find the "gnostic" teaching and actually speak to everyday people; they aren't as bad as I thought. :)

I'll post anything else that's useful if I can find time.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2011 05:53AM by Lone_Flame_of_Eternity.

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: April 25, 2011 09:19AM

Lone_Flame_of_Eternity

Interesting.
I noticed that too.
Not to mention some of those sites block new people from going on them. They only want old members to post.

Date: April 25, 2011 12:36PM

Keir
I noticed that too.
Not to mention some of those sites block new people from going on them. They only want old members to post.

Not only are they keeping the public out of their small circles, they're posting like mad how earthquakes are somehow proof that the end times are here. And that's making me very mad at them. I check all these modern gnosis sites because I want to prevent others from falling into this very same system I fell into. Sometimes I still feel fear out of habit from my old days as a modern "gnostic." I did a Google search on the frequency of strong earthquakes and came up with this link from the US Geological Survey:

[earthquake.usgs.gov]

Earthquakes occur naturally and seem to happen with a predictable frequency. They haven't been increasing in frequency; only the reporting has in this modern era and they're all taking advantage of this.

Reading their postings on some of their blogs just angers me, and the one I'm keeping an eye on won't let anyone post comments (naturally).

I hope the information I'll provide in the future will help weaken this cult empire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2011 12:37PM by Lone_Flame_of_Eternity.

Date: April 25, 2011 09:00PM

Preventing The Murder of History--Yes You Can Do It

Good thing about the internet is that even if they try to protect their worthless secrets by limiting membership on their discussion sites, eventually some will have misgivings, leave, and bring their insights into the commons.

A heads up to anyone: if you begin to catch on that you are part of an abusive online group and are thinking of leaving, try and make personal copies of material you find offensive. Do screen shots. Put it in a file on your own flashdrive or hard drive.

Then, if you get kicked out or banned, and the discussion group tries to delete the material, you will possess your own 'manuscript' and can share it with the above ground world.

Current Page: 3 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.