Current Page: 2 of 11
Re: Debunking Samael Aun Weor
Date: January 19, 2011 12:06PM

Before I go to bed, I would like to do what I wanted to do the other day and talk about some very powerful, yet plausible loopholes to keep the the vulnerable-minded trapped in an infinite loop of self-doubt and impossible tasks.

1.) The Guardian of the Threshold - This is a test when you begin the "Initiatic Path," which if you fail, you become incapable of facing your "egos" and aren't courageous enough to "christify yourself." I remember when I started in this whole mess that I was afraid for years after I began that I had failed, which kept me practicing their unnatural exercises to suppress my inner nature.

2.) The 3000 cycles of 108 human lives. - According to Aun Weor, each human has 3000 cycles of 108 lives each to realize their inner being. After that, all opportunities are lost and the soul/consciousness wanders around the cosmos for all eternity with no knowledge of itself. This is a fear tactic designed to keep one in the cult and trying in vain to make their doctrine work in their lives. 324,000 lives…

It's even addressed in chapter 4 of "Yes there is a Hell, Yes there is a Devil, Yes there is Karma"

[Start citation]
Samael Aun Weor: Ladies and gentlemen, when a divine Monad wants mastery, it is clear that it achieves it by working its essence incessantly, from within, from its inner most profundities. Yet, it is clear and evident that if the Monad is not interested in mastery, the Monad will never awaken any intimate longing within the incarnated essence. Obviously, in this case, the essence—being deprived of every longing, and imprisoned within the ego, stuffed within the “myself”—will eventually enter into the infernal worlds. Therefore, I emphatically answer: the Monad is guilty of the failure of its essence. Since, if indeed the Monad profoundly worked its essence, it is unquestionable that the essence will never descend as a failure into the Tartarus.

Question: Master, it terrifies me to think that as an essence I would have to pass through suffering for 108 lives multiplied by 3,000 or rather 324,000 humanoid existences, so that finally in the grand scheme of things—as an essence—I will have to live within the Absolute as a failed Monad—in other words, without self-realization. Under these circumstances, it is worth it to make all possible efforts and sacrifices in order to achieve self-realization, no matter how much suffering this might imply, since these will be absolutely nothing in comparison to those which nature will impose on me if I choose the path of failure. Do you think so?

Samael Aun Weor: Respectable sir, great friend, allow me to emphatically tell you that every Divine Spark, every Monad, can choose the path.
It is indubitable that trillions of absolutely innocent Monads—beyond good and evil—exist in the infinite space. Many of them attempted to attain mastery but regrettably, they failed. Millions of others never wanted mastery. Regardless, now they are submerged within the bosom of the Universal Spirit of Life enjoying authentic divine happiness, because they are flashes of divinity. Unfortunately, they do not possess mastery.
It is clear that the gentleman who asked the question has enormous longings. This is because your interior Monad is motivating you; it is working on you incessantly. Your duty is therefore to proceed with firmness on the path of the razor’s edge until achieving the inner self-realization of the Being.
[End citation]

[Start citation]
Those who definitely fail, those who do not know how to take advantage of the innumerable opportunities that these 3,000 periods confer upon us, grant unto us, will remain forever excluded from mastery.
[End citation]

[Start citation]
Those who definitely fail, those who do not know how to take advantage of the innumerable opportunities that these 3,000 periods confer upon us, grant unto us, will remain forever excluded from mastery.
[End citation]

Doesn't sound forgiving or all-inclusive at all, does it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 06, 2011 01:29PM

Hi everyone,

Just taking a break from my studies to feed a bit more into the pipeline. While the semester is in full swing it will have to be like this.

So, I'm browsing one of the many "gnostic" sites, and I came across this:

"A Gnostic Instructor wrote: The end of the race will be gradual. "2012" is the symbolic beginning of the end, but the "end" will take a long time. Atlantis took many years to be completely destroyed."

[From this link] [gnostic-community.org]

What I'll be talking about a bit is how they keep moving up the date of the apocalypse: a classic cult tactic.

Now look here and stop on 5:43

[www.youtube.com]

"…what will the world catastrophe of 1999 consist of?"

SAW goes on to say that the Third World War would already have happened. Now it's supposed to happen (according to several Samael "gnostic" groups) in the 21st century in order to allow more time for more potential souls to be saved. Then we have another interview (the ICUR interview, from 1977) in which SAW says the world will end in 2043. I wonder what's going to happen to the Samael based groups after 2043 comes and goes? Even when they do eventually fade away, there will come another group just like it to replace it and preach the end of the world.

On a further note, I've been browsing used book stores for Samael books in English and I have found a few in the big city I live in. I have found a couple of versions of the most common Samael books like "The Three Mountains," which I will be checking for inconsistencies, mistranslations, omissions, etc., since I have a lot of the original books in Spanish. I try to buy on the cheap, so any possible money flow to them is minimized. I definitely do not buy direct from any "gnostic" sites, as money would definitely then be flowing to the group; besides that, I'm spending money catching up on nearly a decade of movies/TV shows/music I have missed out on and hobbies I really loved before I was subtly, then later overtly (but I was too into the doctrine to realize) drawn away from them in the name of "gnosis". I remember seeing people crying when they were faced with the agonizing prospect of having to give up hobbies (or even their careers) that made them lively, cheerful people. This happened in every Samael group I drifted through. :(

In any case, this summer I am going to add "Las Sectas" by Pilar Salarrullana to my library and see what I can use out of it. According to the Samael Aun Weor Wikipedia article, Salarrullana declared " the Gnostic Movements among others as some of the most dangerous anti-social plagues in Spain." It will be worth picking up.

See you in the future.

Posted by: AbundantLifeNow ()
Date: February 13, 2011 09:59PM

Having been in a cult myself I appreciate this info.

Thanks.

Date: February 16, 2011 04:22AM

Here's another juicy little morsel for everyone.

In "Occult Medicine and Practical Magic," Samael Aun Weor states to those who are doubtful of divine existence:

"Tuberculosis is the daughter of atheism."

Curiously enough, I was reading the Wikipedia article on the history of tuberculosis and came across this vague reference to tuberculosis in the Bible; God warns the Jewish people (as they enter the Promised Land) what will happen if they stray from Him.

Deuteronomy 28:20-22

20 The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.

21 The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.

22 The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.

My great-grandmother used to call tuberculosis "the consumption." (Which it used to be called in the old days)

Food for thought. :)

By the way AbundantLifeNow, I am glad to have been of help to you.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 16, 2011 05:10AM

What contributed to an upsurge in TB in Western Europe was the Industrial Revolution and these physical and social factors

* Persons who lost their land and had to crowd into factory towns.

*Factories run by pious greedy creeps who paid subsistance wages to their laborers leaving them unable to afford nutritious food

*Overcrowded living conditions with bad ventilation and in which any respiratory illness spread rapidly

There are reasons why powerholders love bad religion of the kind peddled by Aeon Weor and his kind--it shifts attention away from social and economic factors that are in our human power to change for the better.

The trouble with many varieties of Gnosticism is often these encourage aspirants to devalue life lived in the body, in community and in society; pursuit of special knowledge is emphasized and there is little respect for the inherant dignity of the ordinary, untransformed human person.

1 Timothy 5:18 For the Scripture says, "Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain," and "The worker deserves his wages."

[bible.cc]

Date: February 16, 2011 07:56PM

corboy
The trouble with many varieties of Gnosticism is often these encourage aspirants to devalue life lived in the body, in community and in society; pursuit of special knowledge is emphasized and there is little respect for the inherant dignity of the ordinary, untransformed human person.

That is the very pith of modern gnosis and I will take that to heart. :)

That very doctrine likes to say that man can never change because he has the ego within and education can never fix it, etc (because the intellect is of the devil, etc).

Modern gnostic doctrine destroys minds and ruins lives instead of enriching them, there is no doubt about that; it also caused a former friend of mine (a "friend" in the doctrine, of course) to question his sexuality, because he had been having intrusive homoerotic thoughts caused by reading SAW's hate speeches against homosexuality and his own terrible, debilitating anxiety disorders that had been plaguing him since childhood. By the time I had left that group he was severely depressed and was considering suicide. I don't know what has become of that poor soul. :( I hope I can find out someday because that still bothers me to this very day. I'm pretty sure that this has happened countless times in SAW groups to both genders, though, considering the amount of troubled people who come to modern gnosis seeking answers in the first place.

The scripture and SAW quote that I provided is an indicator that SAW knew his Bible verses in and out and used that knowledge to fabricate his doctrine. If anything, modern gnosis actually creates an "ego" (in the ordinary sense of course, and not in the the whacko sense of SAW) against the ordinary people, painting them as idiotic and doomed failures headed for the abyss, all because their "being" doesn't want mastery. I remember feeling that kind of sick, underlying train of thought while I was in that whole mess. Ordinary people can be quite enjoyable. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2011 07:57PM by Lone_Flame_of_Eternity.

Date: February 17, 2011 12:30AM

The scripture and SAW quote that I provided is an indicator that SAW knew his Bible verses in and out and used that knowledge to fabricate his doctrine. If anything, modern gnosis actually creates an "ego" (in the ordinary sense of course, and not in the the whacko sense of SAW) against the ordinary people, painting them as idiotic and doomed failures headed for the abyss, all because their "being" doesn't want mastery.

Just want to clarify--is it because their "being" doesnt want mastery?

Or because their "being" doenst want a master?

And here is the big question--who defines who is ordinary?

Would be interesting to find out about Samuel's background.

Was he formerly upperclass/aristocratic, whose family had lost their position?

Or did he come from a background he wanted to hide and desired to upgrade himself?

Some people want to escape poverty, others are ashamed of their identity if it is stigmatized in the culture at large.

A youngster may come from a sheltered, pampered background, do very well in school and then, when independent away from the protective family and at university or seminary, have an ego shattering let down when discovering he or she is no longer special but is one amongst many equally talented persons.

Some never really recover from this and may find ways to rationalize that intellectuality and academics are diseased--all because they got a big dose of ego disappointment when at university. One can have excellent grades and yet still have an ego trauma that never quite heals if it occurs at university.

Some dont run into this kind of crisis until graduate school. By the time one reaches graduate school or is on the tenure track to full professor ship, one has to have acquired adult social skills along with academic skills. One has to know how to teach, handle responsiblities as a teaching assistant or teach undergraduate classes. One has to get along with one's superiors, pull ones weight at meetings.

If someone cannot cope with this, he or she may drop out, high hopes unfulfilled and try to create a spiritual empire instead.

Maybe something like this happened during Aeon Weor's early life.

Date: March 20, 2011 12:08PM

Hello, everyone.

I hope life is finding you well at this point. Research progress for debunking is slow (and at some points, has crawled to a stop) at this point, as I am enrolled in an honors program in my department. My professors are so pleased with my performance at university that I have been approached by the graduate committee in my department; they want me to enroll in the master's degree program after I graduate with the bachelor's degree I abandoned for several years (shortly after I found "gnosis") in December; I will even get paid to teach while earning my master's! Ongoing research will be slower during the semesters from now on, naturally.

Anyways, I wanted to update everyone on the Samael Aun Weor based modern gnosis sites. Apocalyptic talk is heavy on a few of them, talking about the Japan earthquake shifting the Earth's axis and other geophysical changes that occurred because of the earthquake. The power of the earthquake is something to be amazed at, but now I fear that not only will the Samael groups really take a hold of this, but 2012 fear groups/sites as well. Now, more than ever, a few Samael groups are going to use the power of nature to add credibility to their cause. This summer I will have more time to do more research. I'll have to also find out ways to spread my research for free around the internet. Maybe I can give a testimony on some cult watch group sites? If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Sincerely,

The Lone Flame

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2011 12:09PM by Lone_Flame_of_Eternity.

Date: March 20, 2011 09:48PM

Now, more than ever, a few Samael groups are going to use the power of nature to add credibility to their cause.

"...are going to use the power of nature to add credibility to their cause.'

Lone Flame, you've demonsrated exactly why your professors are encouraging you to go on to postgraduate study.

That sentence describes what very many groups are up to, in addition to the Samael groups.

Posted by: clearlight ()
Date: April 05, 2011 05:10PM

Hi Lone Flame, if you want to examine the books of SAW without wasting any money,time or space I recommend joining < SCRIBD >. You will find virtually everything on there. Good luck.
The 3000 cycles of samsara is just incredible. I cannot believe I fell for it. Actually deep down I don't think I did. The whole issue kept on quietly nagging away at me, but I had so many jobs to do within the movements I was affiliated with, I had no time to do any serious research into the matter.
Recently I started to sniff around and guess what? There is no reference to 3000 cycles in any esoteric literature except HP Blavatsky's Secret Doctrine!
She gives the esoteric interpretation of the Egyptian rites of the Transmigration of the Soul, which basically concludes with the belief of Osirification (Christification) after 3000 cycles of existence.
Herodotus in his Nine Books of History states Egyptians believed the souls of men to pass through successive reincarnations through the various living species until finally arriving at the body of man. This period lasts 3000 years
So for Egyptians 3000 are the years taken for the soul to pass through a cycle of species until arriving at man.
For HPB it was the time taken for the soul to return to God / Absolute.
For Samael it was the cycles of existence that would ultimately determine whether the monad would succeed or fail.

(thanks Quetzal at < lagnosisdevelada.com >

In addition we have the 108 lives which are said (by SAW) to exist in each human cycle in which we are able to gain realization. Very neat and tidy theory. But when the 3000 cycles are found to be based on the imagination of SAW, it becomes clear that the theory of 108 lives exists in order to put the fear of failure in the gnostic people, isolate them from the rest of the world population, and keep them in a condition of subservience and dependence to the gnostic movements, churches and institutions and their masters. The 108 lives theory also guarantees, in its fear inducing capacity, the necessity for a saviour, a messiah, a redeemer to lead an exodus of qualified souls to a place where they could be safe while the world is being cleansed of negativity. In this case we see the position being filled by VM Gomez Rodriguez who ate every esoteric book he could find, mixed up with his imagination and made a monumental salad. Here is a man who would stop at nothing in his desire to be seen as a spiritual figurehead of great importance. Unfortunately it has taken a long time for him to be found out. Better late than never though.

Current Page: 2 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.