Re: Westboro Baptist Church
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: April 04, 2011 06:43AM

Its not a piss-take. They genuinely believe that they are to be saved and the rest of us will burn in hell. They are planning to move en masse to Jerusalem or a pink cave in Jordan--which must be in Petra-- to await the last days.
As if that area didn't have enough troubles already.

The laughter (which was mostly from the women) is the smug certainty that they are conversing with a condemned person who does not accept his inevitable fate.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: April 04, 2011 06:58AM

What was the deal with the Chinese guy at the back of the service?

That looked a bit suspect. hmmmmmmmm

Date: April 04, 2011 07:16AM

I think that he was a hopeful prospect, waiting to be recruited into the ranks of the saved.
Given all their other prejudices I don't give much for his chances, and Shirley didn't give him much to hope for either after travelling from San Francisco.

Did you see how scared he was when Louis offered his hand to shake? He was already sure that Louis was an emissary of the devil and terrified of being touched and defiled by such a demon.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: April 08, 2011 08:09AM

The guy clearly had homosexual mannerisms and that's why it looked a little bit suspect. Shirley seemed unwilling to give him the time of day.

Could he be a possible infiltrator?

Date: April 08, 2011 03:32PM

'Could he be a possible infiltrator?'
I guess anything's possible but why infiltrate the Phelps? They are entirely open and upfront about their bias and prejudice-thats what is so shocking about them.

By all accounts Shirley et al are effective at lawyering also, making sure that they never cross the legal line in their antics.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: December 19, 2012 12:35AM

New reports claim that Westboro Baptist is planning on picketing at the funerals of the little children slain in school by the mad gunman in Connecticut.

What will these fanatics chant? "Thank God for dead children"?

Connecticut is a legal-carry state. Emotions are running high there. I would not want to be a picketer from this Baptist cult. They could meet God face-to-face a little sooner than normal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.