Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
You wanna know how to escape Alex Horn & Sharon Gans?
Posted by: betsy ()
Date: January 12, 2007 09:52AM

I think that you are onto something also. I recall seeing these ads in back stage years ago. I thought it was very pretentious to use Michael Checkov's name and I also wondered if people from "the work" were involved. Hiding behind the greatness of the Checkov's (both Michael and Anton) is typical of Sharon's peeps.
Sharon was working on her Checkov play the year I was involved in the work. She made everyone from the class attend the performance. She also solicited compliments from every single person in the group...there were about 60 of us in the room and everyone was expected to "comment" on the performance. Some variations of Michael Checkov's exercises were used in our warm up before our meetings.
Even if there is no relation to the culty Horns...I'd stay away from it as it's exploitative of actors and not by very talented people (based on the comments from Cochineal's link).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ghutu ()
Date: January 13, 2007 01:10AM

thanks! your insight is appreciated....yes, i'd already seen the backstage forum...michael specifically mentioned that his mother was sharon gans when he talked about his "family showbiz background" but then later mentioned that "my mother ann bowen is directing several plays at the theater"...i guess he meant that sharon gans is his stepmother? i didn't know anything at all about "the work" or their group and when i started looking into this theater, i'd searched "michael horn" on the web and came up with nothing (in terms of his rep as a director, or any info about his life at all, for that matter)...once he mentioned gans, i looked that up and stumbled onto the cult info....it sounds like too much coincidence for him to not be of the Horns group, and even more fishy that his mother's name is Ann...regardless i'm being careful as it seems shady that they charge money to join the theater, and some actors i've talked to who are involved in the theater say that michael is manipulative and goes off on crazy rants and is tough to work with....all of which is making me want to stay far away from them....

Posted by: betsy ()
Date: January 13, 2007 05:25AM

Good to hear....your BS radar is fully in tact
There's alot of exploitation of actors going on out there. I am sure that you will make your way through....there are other options available to people who need to get experience and one of them is creating your own experience....be in charge of your own show cases....create theatre in the park....start an acting meet up group....bond with other actors from a good class....Good Luck to You

Posted by: nypartygirl ()
Date: February 17, 2007 06:42AM

Michael Horn :twisted: is in regular touch w/ stepmother Gans.

Ann Bowen is Ann Haas and Michael is her son, either by blood or adoption. The White Witch lives on the upper west side.

These people are crazy, dishonest, diabolical, manipulative as ever. Actors, stay away from these people. Many of the company members are good people but they don't know any better. They're starting to figure it out.

Posted by: shininglight ()
Date: February 21, 2007 11:48AM

Yes I was also a victim...cannot say how my life is now.
Still full of regrets and scars. Don't know how to ever trust people again. This is how much damage they have caused to me.

Posted by: mxkitty ()
Date: March 21, 2007 06:13AM

I don't believe that Anne Bowen and Anne Haas are the same person.

As for Anne Haas Dyson and Anne Haas (maiden name: Burridge), I don't believe they are the same person either. The only suspicious thing I noticed about those links is that the Seeds of Learning site lists Sonoma Valley High school. Anne Haas has two adopted children with the same birthday, so she passes them off as twins. They are Penelope "Penny" Haas" and Richard "Ricky" Haas. The look NOTHING alike. They were the salutatorian and valedictorian respectively of SVHS's class of 2003.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.