Buddhist sex abuse cases
Posted by: rinpoche ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:22PM

Hi everyone (new to the forum, enjoyed reading through the many useful contributions on Ole Nydahl).

Wikipediasts amongst you might like to check out my travails in submitting an article entitled 'Buddhist sex abuse cases' documented on my web site at [www.gutclean.com].

The entry for Nydahl (whom I happened once to have met years ago and rather liked and respected) was repeatedly deleted. I reverted it four times, each time asking for a discussion on the talk page which was never taken up. Eventually an administrator deleted the entire article without informing me. Subsequent events are brifly described on my web page.

If you'll excuse me I shan't follow any subsequent discussion here. I have defended my article to the limit of my strength, losing all my Wiki rights in the process, and can do no more and I need to move on with my other concerns.

But I shall look back into the Ole Nydahl forum from time. I did edit his Wiki article as well, in fact to supply a more positive view of him but I don't doubt that his Diamond Way Buddhism has some really serious issues which need to be monitored and addressed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buddhist sex abuse cases
Posted by: Agur ()
Date: October 24, 2010 10:13PM

Hi there rinpoche

I just read your post etc as I am looking to find abuses within another group. I want to offer a word of hello to you and to encourage you to post here and find like minded people for support. I'm fairly new myself and am browsing around.

I'm deeply moved by so many of the stories I am reading. I'm so disappointed and appalled at the terrible degree of hurt and pain that have been suffered by loving innocent people. Heartbreaking.

I feel so helpless to know what to say except to praise the people who are brave enough to tell their stories. I want to do anything I can to validate their hurts and to encourage them to share and communicate with the hopes of begining the healing process.

So much evil done in the name of "religion" or "truth" or whatever terms the groups use. No one deserves to be abused obviously and to have ones faith shattered and to be left in agonies of self doubt and self recriminations, makes me weep for the people.

My love to all who have suffered abuse and who's trust and faith have been damaged by evil people. You are brave to speak your truths in public and to want to prevent others from being damaged and destroyed.

You can heal. I have healed from a serious loss in my life and life can be good again for you too. Most people are good people who will not hurt you and who won't manipulate and misuse your trust and your very heart.

You are brave, you are survivors, you are worthy people and we are all here to support you and to give you encouragement to carry on healing.

Be strong. Keep sharing please.

You are not alone. You are not guilty of wrong doing. You are seeking healing and you have the power back now to control the rest of your lives and to find the love and happiness you deserve.

Bless your hearts. :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.