need help & info - "Consecrity"?
Posted by: PhillyBoi ()
Date: March 08, 2005 02:00AM

Hi all -
I'm trying to find information - my friend's mother is getting involved with a group called "Consecrity" - I'm not sure of the spelling. They have been holding classes here in Philadelphia as well as New York and I'm sure other places. They teach about "energy healing" and other new agey spiritual stuff.

I can't find info on the group anywhere on the internet, and I don't have any other info to go on. I'm trying to find reports about them, ie how long they've been around (the claims are "thousands of years, based on eastern medicine"), are they a cult, scam, etc.

Any links and/or info is appreciated.

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cipher ()
Date: March 08, 2005 02:20AM

[www.consegrity.com] for info on this healing modality.

"Consegrity is a new word that encapsulates:

1. Consciousness Awareness;
2. Tensegrity of the body — the ability to withstand tension and pressure;
3. Consilience — the ALL KNOWING aspect of us.

Observing what works and what does not Consegrity emerged revealing what's
possible in the human body's ability to heal. When the balance of the interactive
energy fields around every system is disrupted, the human body adapts,
overloads and breaks down. Consegrity works with the electromagnetic,
vibrational systems of the body by reflecting/mirroring in a way that
supports neutralizing the disruption, thereby grounding the overload
along fluid dynamics restoring balance at the level of the cause
bridging management of healthcare and supporting optimum, viable health."

Not sure if they practice coersion and undue persuasion but keep an eye on them.

Posted by: PhillyBoi ()
Date: March 08, 2005 03:08AM

thanks so much - this is a great starting point.

Paul

Posted by: Cipher ()
Date: March 08, 2005 04:21AM

From Skeptics Dictionary Newsletter 49 [skepdic.com]

"Quackery of the Minute

Consegrity is this minute's winner. This is the brainchild of a retired physician, Mary A. Lynch, M.D., and Debra Harrison, a massage therapist. Lynch is a graduate of Georgetown University Medical School who specialized in orthopedics and Sports Medicine. Harrison is a graduate of the Myotherapy Institute of Utah. In case you're wondering, myotherapy is a method for relaxing muscle spasm, improving circulation, and alleviating pain. The therapist applies finger pressure to “trigger points,” usually in the muscle tissue or area surrounding joints. The success of this method, developed by Bonnie Prudden in 1976, depends on the use of specific corrective exercise of the freed muscles."

Anyway, the folks from Consegrity tell us that this is a new word that "encapsulates" CONsciousness awareness; tenSEGRITY of the body — the ability to withstand tension and pressure; and CONsilience — "the ALL KNOWING aspect of us." They have a very lofty mission:

We choose to create an opportunity to provide personal growth, performance and expansion of Awareness that we are all ONE. By observing what works and letting go of that which no longer serves us, we can, each and everyone, bring Order to Chaos, Unity to Mind/Body/Spirit and awaken to a planet reborn through remembering Who We Really Are.

You might think they are just a bunch of pragmatists hiding behind some mumbo jumbo, but you'd be wrong. What they have found by observation is that what works is believing that our trillions of cells will repair and rebuild themselves forever "if the environment around the cell stays clean and clear."

However, as we live life, our cells are exposed to physical, emotional, spiritual, inherited and/or environmental trauma. Between the two cells (see picture ), you can see the energy of accumulative trauma represented by the dots. When this energy satiates the cell to a certain point, communication is lost, tension builds and the cell undergoes a loss of tensegrity (the ability to balance tension and compression)....If the accumulative energy in the connective tissue is removed, the cell reverts to normal, the DNA unlocks and healing occurs. Clearing this extraneous energy is what Consegrity supports.

What we need to live forever, I guess, is to clear out "extraneous energy" that is trapped between our cells. I get it. Consegrity is another form of energy medicine! I'll have to revise my article on the topic to include it. Consegrity looks more promising that chakra healing because the dots in the picture prove there is something real to this energy trapped between cells. Plus, they have testimonials. Who needs more evidence than that? It works. And you can become a certified Consegretist by taking a six-day course for $1,500. Maybe they are pragmatists after all.
[thanks to Daniel Tsadok]"

Seems sketchy to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.