The Secrets of Scientology
Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: October 01, 2010 07:33AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Secrets of Scientology
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 02, 2010 11:23PM

Advice from Former Scientologists and independent Scientologists--A Computer Game

[www.forum.exscn.net]

Corboy: The issue here is truthfulness. If something is a Dianetics/Scientology project the thing to do is say so, up front. That way people can make an informed decision whether to call that number.

The thing people are objecting to is that nothing is said about the group, making it easy for someone to walk in and get involved with an entity that they might otherwise stay away from if advertised up front as Dianetics/Scientology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AM A SCIENTOLOGIST View Post
Hey T&H

I would not call this brave, I would call it cowardly.

The Scientologists have the same right of freedom of speech as you or anyone else does. Think about it.

(reply)

Despite what Hubbard says, Scientologists are subject to the same laws as the rest of us, including the prohibition on the use of deception in advertising.

Consumers have a right to know that the cult is seeking to feast on the misery of others by leading them into the grip of a criminal cult via the exploitation of peoples' moments of emotional weakness.

If the advertisements had "Scientology" written on them then it would be a case of caveat emptor and you might have a point.

But they don't, they are deceptive and must be emended accordingly or removed. You think about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found a great way to locate their ads.

Step 1: Find local Scientology phone numbers (I used google)
Step 2: search for found phone number in craigslist, click "entire post" and search "all community"
Step 3: Go to town flagging list supplied for you

My first search produced 56 posts. It only took me about 2 minutes to go through and flag them all.

They usually don't say that they are Scientology or put in anything about Hubbard and they don't use websites, which leaves them with having to list their phone number for you to call!

I can already tell I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. Thanks for the idea!

and

Flag these deceptive postings now!:
Classes for overcoming break-ups

We can help you recover from the loss of someone

Flag all of these posts whenever you see them:

Your Personal Observation Counts

Lovers of Wisdom

Spiritual improvement

People Into Self-Improvement

intelligence and Personality testing

Have you lived Before?

Improved Relationships

Free Personality & Intelligence Testing

Seekers of Truth

Depression Assistance

Are you a divorce person?

Seminar for Stress and Depression

Searchers of Spiritual Knowledge

Do you really know yourself?

An independent Scientologist also put in a reply to the accusation that this was a violation of the first amendment and a cowardly thing to do.

:

Originally Posted by I AM A SCIENTOLOGIST View Post
Hey T&H

I would not call this brave, I would call it cowardly.

The Scientologists have the same right of freedom of speech as you or anyone else does. Think about it.

IAAS

There is no right to unlimited "freedom of speech" on Craigslist, pal.

"Freedom of Speech" is not freedom to violate the rules of usage for a free service provided by a private entity that owns and operates that service.

Spam Advertising on Craigslist is plainly and strictly forbidden.

The community flagging facility was provided by the Craigslist operators for exactly this purpose - helping the very small Craigslist staff spot this kind of abuse of Craigslist.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

P.S. - I'm a Scientologist (no tm)

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.