Current Page: 43 of 45
Re: Guru Swami G
Posted by: Icarus ()
Date: August 18, 2013 02:09PM

Swami G has been posting extremely long, extremely angry and raging videos, over 3 hours' worth, that make me concerned that she is melting down as a result of the Dabcult/Jolicoeur video and accusations. She compares herself to Jesus Christ and Buddha in the 81:39 video, towards the end, and goes through Dabcult's/Jolicoeur's video practically word for word, offering very angry and not altogether rational-sounding (at least to me) retorts. The videos are available at guruswamig.com and on her YT account.

If she is without ego and without thoughts now, then where is all of this defensiveness, anger and bruised-ego lashback coming from? She sure seems to be displaying a lot of ego-rooted thinking in these videos, as if she had been stewing and obsessing over Dabcult/Jolicoeur's accusations. If, as she has claimed elsewhere, there is no "me" there, then who exactly is she defending with such anger and hurt pride? Does she not realize that by putting out THREE HOURS of profanity-laced videos against Dabcult/Jolicoeur's short video, repeating the same retorts over and over with such rage and bitterness, that all she's done is put him and his video on a pedestal and given it much, much, much more attention than he would otherwise have received?

I'm afraid that she's proving some of Dabcult/Jolicoeur's points in her reaction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2013 02:10PM by Icarus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: marjo ()
Date: August 18, 2013 09:23PM

I totally agree with Icarus. I don't understand why the Madame Guru is so angry and full of violence in her words. If she compares herself to the Bouddha, she think a little bit about compassion and ahimsa....

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 18, 2013 09:37PM

"She compares herself to Jesus Christ and Buddha "

When people were confrontational towards Gotoma Buddha, he maintained a dignified silence.

As for Jesus, he faced his accusers alone. And the only property he had when arrested were the clothes he wore.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 18, 2013 10:29PM

When i knew her she was hardly rolling in money. I always saw her behavior and motivations as impeccable. Not once did i see her ever take advantage of anyone. She never once asked or expected money from me or anyone... she spoke only of the honoring of the guru . i did not ever experience her as demanding or entitled.

i did not ever experience her as demanding or entitled.

Yet many other persons have written on this message board describing how they did experience G as demanding and entitled.

What about your fellow seekers?

What if G was nice to you and treated them differently?

Are you not concerned for the welfare of your fellow aspirants?

Posted by: XRohan ()
Date: August 18, 2013 10:33PM

wow her new video`s are as toxic as ever she`s blocked me and anyone else from her group that dares say anything about her she lets you make a comment then blocks you and twists what you say or attacks you then complains that people are doig her the same way lol double standards as all ways with Sharron and poor Sachi and Siddhananda have to uuuuh and ahhhhh her to death on the video shes a work of her on art...........

Posted by: Icarus ()
Date: August 19, 2013 09:44AM

Guru G has uploaded even more long videos, repeating the same retorts against Jolicoeur/Dabcult, over and over, again and again. She's now made the same points dozens of times in hours of videos responding to Jolicoeur/Dabcult's brief video. If what she says about Jolicoeur/Dabcult's statements in emails and during their interview is true, then his credibility is seriously sullied. She, however, has done herself no favors by proving, exemplifying vividly, many of his points. She is coming across, at least to me, as someone in a deep rut, as absolutely obsessed with persistent thoughts about what he alleged (despite her insistence that she has no thoughts), and as someone insisting upon a fierce defense of her ego -- a very bold identification with her "I," again despite her claims to the contrary. It's like she's shocked to be living suddenly in a world of accountability and criticism that you can't turn off just by pressing a button, blocking a subscriber or by threatening condemned karma. His criticism is flawed and inaccurate in some parts, but it clearly has hit many nerves and the more she talks, the less credible and rational she strikes me.

Also, the recent very long and very repetitive video of a Skype call with Sachi was cringe-inducing. Sachi can nod like a bobblehead and echo Swami G's quips, but her eyes do not lie. Her eyes communicated to me a quite reasonable and appropriate sense of alarm in Swami G's behavior and rage, and a rather obvious discomfort with and perhaps even embarrassment towards her teacher. Interesting that although Sachi lives near Swami G, she opted to call in via Skype instead of appearing in person. Perhaps she is keeping her distance. I would do the same, I suppose. Sachi is a mental health professional, so I hope that she will have the courage to break out of the "yes woman" mode that she and Siddhananda seem to play and try to get Swami G to a place of peace and balance. Swami G quite obviously is ailing, raging, and in deep suffering. I truly hope that she can find peace and return to the more didactic, positive teaching that she used to do years ago, and not just continue to suffer because no one around her is truly helping her, favoring instead to be complicit in her apparent and accelerating demise. I wish them all well. But I do hope that they will all awaken and do what is right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2013 09:56AM by Icarus.

Posted by: dabcult ()
Date: August 20, 2013 12:14AM

Sharon as call Satchi in many emails to me MY Satchi

she as a psychic grip on her an a few others ....thats one of the very sad part of the whole thing

some gurus have their grips on thousands like NITYANANDA and she Shaon as her grip on a few dozen

Its the same game ......"I AM ENLIGHTEN " and your not

I got the key to rise your kundilini ..so so better serve and not ague ....

She had 2 kids (who she tells me have no interest in her PATH

and she make beleive to Satchi (for 13 years now) and a few other young girls....NO SEX GIRLS or that Kundilini will not rise

and as i withness in her small gallerie ....she as disciples working there for FREE

Its all exploitation on a smaller scale than big cult .....BUT AS YOU SAY ICARUS

For someone with NO MIND ...she is sure spitting out lots of piss and vinagar

Posted by: Guru Patrol ()
Date: August 20, 2013 12:40AM

Christine:
Anyone can spout spiritual teachings, scriptures, self-help 101....
The question is, does she walk the walk too?
Based on things shared in this thread, her many videos, websites etc - I would say no.
And as far as the money, sorry to burst your bubble but it's easy to be generous when you have a sugar daddy that pays for everything.
If your time with her helped you, great.
But your account doesn't stand for what or who she is, anymore than any other single account here.
One can only look at the big picture, as many angles as possible, and come to a determination for themselves.
We disagree, but I respect your input and stance.

Date: August 20, 2013 01:10AM

EATING MEAT:
She quotes Swami Vivekananda in a recent video, in a condescending voice, as if it was the word of God.
"There was a time in this very India when, without eating meat, a Brahmin could not be a Brahmin"
First of all, Vivekananda is but one voice on the subject, and does not in fact represent the majority voice on this subject in India.
Secondly, she rails against the old caste system and backward practices in India of yore in other places, so I'm not sure why she
is now using it to somehow defend her meat eating position.
If she looked more closely, she would also see that he said a vegetarian diet was ideal for doing sadhana.
He was also Bengali, and they are traditionally known for eating meat.
And his teacher was part of a tradition that sacrificed animals.
Not exactly an unbiased or good representation of the whole.
But the question of meat or no meat isn't even the main issue here.
Although I'd love to see her student's reactions if they were forced to kill the meat themselves :)
The main point is, why a Guru, and anyone for that matter, would demand that her students eat meat.
She insists that it is necessary for those on a kundalini path.
But even within the vast kundalini tradition, you will be extremely hard-pressed to find a respected Guru that
advocates eating meat, let along insisting on it from their students.
For the most part, you will find common sense suggestions like eating fresh, nutritious, and in moderation.
Staying away from white sugar, white flour, processed foods, leftovers, some kinds of dairy, spicy, oily, etc etc
It's not surprising that she says little on this subject, given that she has never been able to follow this herself.
And instead talks about eating meat, something she clearly has no trouble doing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 01:13AM by Guru Patrol.

Date: August 20, 2013 01:34AM

CELIBACY:
And just as eating meat is not the norm in India or even within kundalini traditions, nor is celibacy and sannyas.
The tantric tradition is all about doing away with castes and welcomes the householder (as they call family life in India).
Many of the respected Gurus were householders and many of them were known to be sexually active.
For the most part, there was no higher or lower or special status for celibates or sannyasis in these traditions.
Some are drawn to be celibate, others are not. Both were equally entitled to and capable of attaining Realisation.
Based on this thread, it appears she had an extremely rocky experience with relationships and sex.
Seven husbands was it? Maybe she or a student can clarify that?
Given her past indulgences and traumas, it isn't surprisng that she swung so heavily to the other extreme later on.
Which may or may not be fine for her, but it is by no means a prerequisite for Realisation.
And even if she doesn't explicitly say it is the best way to go, it is understood by students as such, and will
invariably cause a number of students to revolt against it and her sooner or later, as they will blame her (justifiably or not)
for taking those vows and/or following that lifestyle, where it was not suited or necessary.

Current Page: 43 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.