Research help needed
Posted by: minervafilms ()
Date: February 04, 2005 05:42AM

Hello everyone. Hope you don't mind me taking a moment of your time.

I am a screenwriter, and have been recently hired by an award-winning director to write a screenplay on the subject of cults. The director, when a teenager, was briefly a member of Stewart Traill's COBU in the early 1980's and has always maintained a fascination with the subject - hence this project.

If I'm going to do justice to this important subject, I need to talk to people with direct experience. From reading this board, I know that many of you have been through traumatic encounters with various groups, and know of others with similar stories. I understand how hard and painful it is to share these stories - but, if any of you can find some time to talk with me and answer some of my questions, I would be extremely grateful.

Please let me assure you that, should any of you contact me, every single word will be held in the strictest confidence. My aim here is not to exploit anyone at all, but to be educated by them. This is a subject that still seems to be wrongly hidden from the mainstream - and it demands to be told properly.

If anyone wishes to get in touch with me, please send me a PM and we can take it from there - on your terms. Thank you so much for your time.

(And thank you, Rick, for giving me the go ahead to post this meesage here).

Options: ReplyQuote
Research help needed
Posted by: minervafilms ()
Date: February 05, 2005 07:24AM

Thanks to those who have responded so far to me.

Those who sent me a PM - Since I am a new member on this forum, I don't seem able to respond back to you via PM.

Instead, can you drop me a quick email at minervafilms@yahoo.com? I'll respond and we can take it from there.

Thanks again.

Research help needed
Posted by: dar3463 ()
Date: February 05, 2005 08:42AM

I was a cult member in NYC for 10 yrs. See earlier posts by dar3463. I would love to talk to you. Please email me.

Research help needed
Posted by: serket8 ()
Date: February 08, 2005 11:17AM

Hi [don't know your name].

I have a buddy in southern Cali who's studying for the film industry. He also has a little past experience with a growing Korean international cult. It's called Providence Church (or Global Association of Culture and Peace).

I also have some experience with this cult as well.

Sorry I cannot PM you since I'm new here.

My email address is at "akhu1004@yahoo.com".

Best of luck to ya! ^_^
Serket8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.