Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Ramana Trust
Posted by: arunadasi ()
Date: November 19, 2010 12:53AM

corboy
And he died in 1951.

However, since RM has died, those who maintain the Ramana Maharshi ashram do get income from those visiting both the ashram and the old guru's tomb--the place has become one of the imporant places of pilgrimage in India.

The poor gentleman is no longer around to speak for himself.t.

Small correction: he died in 1950. And it might be well to note that the ashram has no charge for staying there, not even for meals. They accept donations, but don't check as to who has paid or who not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matilda ()
Date: December 21, 2010 06:11AM

[manchester.gumtree.com]

It appears that Ramana Trust advertise their services on Gumtree

and on the holistic circuit here

[www.holisticlocal.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2010 06:18AM by matilda.

Date: December 21, 2010 06:54AM

dandelion blossom
This organisation is a cult. I was one of Ramana's (formerly Rachel) clients for 4 years and then moved there and was involved intensely for a year before I finally left. She did the 'Cutting the ties that bind' work developed by Phyllis Krystal. She was a devotee of Sai Baba for years before apparently being told by him that she was a spiritual teacher in her own right? All her devotees (11 at present I believe) are also her old clients, and so she knows all the ins and outs of their psyches and uses this knowledge to manipulate, emotionally blackmail and control them. She splits everyone up and seperates people from their families, friends and discourages you from confiding in or spending time with partners and even your children.
Members have donated over £150,000 to put down as a deposit on a farmhouse and 22 acres in Rossendale and the members spend most of their time baking cakes and selling them to raise money to pay for the mortgage, Ramana's 'vegan farm' (!) and her and her family's bills. They sell it as a centre where "you can learn to be yourSelf", "be more loving", meet Ramana who is a "self realised being and all loving" etc...They raise atleast £1000 per month. They have also run workshops in the past - 'The Ramana Awareness Programme' - a sort of self-development model which uses several prominent mind control techniques and is a way of recruiting new members.
Ramana considers herself to be 'God' and to have no ego. She 'reflects' your thoughts, feelings and conditioning as well as your 'real self'. In practice this means that Ramana can say or do anything and then later say she was merely 'reflecting' the individual or groups energy, emotions or thoughts etc. There is no room for personal intuition, thinking or beliefs. You are told what you are thinking or feeling and how to dress, where to work, who to date, how to bring up your children, if and when you should visit outsiders, what house to live in etc....Any questioning is considered to be that person 'trying to be in control or 'interrogating God' etc.
Members live nearby in shared houses, but spend most of their time fundraising or doing 'tasks' at Ramana's land. She is married with 4 children and they do seem to believe she really is their Guru?
When I did some research into cults, I soon realised that she uses every mind control technique as listed on The Cult Information website and others I have since come across. It would take me way to long to list specific examples but I am open to questions.
If you are a friend or relative of anyone involved, I would love to hear from you or even someone who have been to workshops or met one of those involved. I just feel very frustrated as I have loved ones who are still there.

Thank you dandelion blossom for sharing your experience here. Phyllis claims to have moved to Switzerland at the age of 95 at the request of Sai Baba so is obviously very controlled by him [www.phylliskrystal.com]

Do you know if Ramana has been involved directly with Sai Baba ? or if the group do retreats to his place in India?

Numerous allegations have been made about Sai Baba

[www.culteducation.com]

[robertpriddy.wordpress.com]

Date: December 29, 2010 06:07AM

hi
i also have a very close old friend inside the ramana cult and im deeply worried for her wellbeing!
i cannot find hardly any information about this place or about the woman in question
i have not been able to reach my friend for 2 years now and im considering doing something i may regret!
please please get in touch with any advice or info which may help me! i am not prepared to watch a friend be ruined and be turned inside out by some
devil woman! i really hope to hear from you soon
many thanks
w

Posted by: candyscent ()
Date: January 03, 2011 07:27PM

Hi i was also involved in the ramana trust and defintley believe it is a cult. I realised after i left recently that mind control was being used with everyone. I and another member were phyically assaulted and screamed at. On leaving i did some research on cult and realised that people were treated badly against their will and vulverable. I feel something needs to be done about this orgainsation as they no longer go by the name of the ramana trust and are working with other people and wanting volunteers. Children are involved in this situation which gives more concern to why it needs to be stopped. Also to answer the above regarding sai baba most of the members and myself have been to india and done work at sai baba,s ashram. And ramana being a sai baba devotee up until two years ago.
I hope this is useful.

Date: January 03, 2011 11:35PM

Ramana was a devotee of Sai Baba for years and did take a group out to stay in his ashram twice. The second time she stayed outside the ashram and seemed to feel she no longer needed to devote herself to him anymore. She is planning to take a group out to India again this january, but i don't think they are going to Sai Baba's ashram again.

If anyone wants to contact me, please do so through sending a private message as I feel it is important to protect my identity as much as is possible.

Date: January 04, 2011 03:12AM

candyscent
Hi i was also involved in the ramana trust and defintley believe it is a cult. I realised after i left recently that mind control was being used with everyone. I and another member were phyically assaulted and screamed at. On leaving i did some research on cult and realised that people were treated badly against their will and vulverable. I feel something needs to be done about this orgainsation as they no longer go by the name of the ramana trust and are working with other people and wanting volunteers. Children are involved in this situation which gives more concern to why it needs to be stopped. Also to answer the above regarding sai baba most of the members and myself have been to india and done work at sai baba,s ashram. And ramana being a sai baba devotee up until two years ago.
I hope this is useful.

Thank you for sharing this information candyscent and sorry to hear of your experience within the group. It is interesting that they no longer go by the name Ramana trust. Name changes can often be a feature of cults, particularly where concerns have been raised and this provides some sort of smokescreen for the group.

What name/names are they currently using ?
It is interesting that you volunteered at Sai Baba's ashram as part of the Ramana Trust. How was this venture funded? and what was its effect?

ineedhelpformyfriend I hope that you will find help here through information posted on this thread or through contact with other people to reestablish contact with your friend. Please take time to read about the subject and to research the group and do not act in haste. Establishing and maintaining a line of communiciation is very important and this will be made easier in the absence of any percieved hostility.

Dandelion blossom, you are quite right to be cautious about protecting your identity. Cult leaders have been known to peruse these boards to guage the locus and levels of concern and opposition.

NB The purpose of this forum is to pool information about groups causing concern in order to help those who have been affected and prevent further damage or recruitment. Any information posted here may help potential recruits to make informed decisions.

These links are useful reading:

[www.freedomofmind.com]

[www.culteducation.com]

[www.cultinformation.org.uk]

[www.freedomofmind.com]

I can pm further general information if you wish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2011 03:13AM by matilda.

Posted by: candyscent ()
Date: January 04, 2011 03:41AM

Thanks for the information experience in india was unpleasant, trip was paid by each indivdual who went to the ashram. I would prefer to send the name of new orgainsation in a private message

Re: Ramana Trust, now 'The Water Project'
Date: January 15, 2011 03:05AM

Thanks for your comments Mathilda, I appreciate the advice.

The Ramana Trust have closed down their website now, probably because of the negative reviews on the internet. They have now set up 'The Water Project' (see website www.waterprojectpositiveliving.org) - they are doing competitions, workshops and voluntary work with young Asian men in the Burnley area (Lancashire), the homeless in Manchester and others...

I expect they are now fundraising for this organisation. It sounds like a legitimate charity because there are many other charities with the same name and they put the following at the bottom of the page on the website:

© The water Project 2010- All right reserved. A Charitable Organisation. Registered PO Box Number 306. Rossendale, BB4 0FR. Telephone 07528014983

I don't know whether its legitimate to call yourself a charitable organisation, but the way they have worded it, with 'Registered' after makes it sound like its a registered charity. It is not however and nor was The Ramana Trust (which is a registered company with companies house).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2011 03:07AM by dandelion blossom.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 15, 2011 06:51AM

If you want to check details on where you went (or were take ) when in India, this site is an interesting discussion and research source--India Mike Travel Forum.

[www.google.com]

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.