Kabbalah Centre NYC
Posted by: acacias1 ()
Date: February 01, 2003 06:29AM

It isn't often that you find funny stuff about our favorite cults, but here is a quick story. I was walking down 48th Street last week
past the Kabbalah Centre when going in through the service entrance what do I see but a delivery person bringing in the "holy water". The kicker is that each carton was clearly stamped "product of Canada" and sported a popular brand name. I so wished I had a camera!
:D

Options: ReplyQuote
Kabbalah Centre NYC
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 01, 2003 09:12PM

This was so funny I had to discuss it at CultNews.com

See [www.cultnews.com]

Kabbalah Centre NYC
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: February 03, 2003 07:57AM

Originally posted by rrmoderator
This was so funny I had to discuss it at CultNews.com

See [www.cultnews.com]

All of these quacks quote Kabbalah. At the Carlebach Shul the a"rosh yeshiva" Zvi Padeh, helped to translate certain portions of an ancient Kabbalistic book Etz Chaim, Tree of Life, by Rabbi Chaim Vital (the book is heavily quoted by Chabad's Tanya).
I came in the shul and they were ordering me around, "sit..." etc. I said, "woah, wait a minute (Shlomo was never this pushy), what's going on..."
they tried to get me to buy the book for 36 bucks (Lamed Vov - that's another story), and they they said, "but it (the creation of the universe) didn't happen that way..." So I said, "really, then I won't buy the book...".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.